Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Question for InFocus X1 owners (and those familiar with it)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-04, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I finally got around to building my own VGA/Component breakout cable yesterday using CAT5 cable and a male VGA and female phono connectors from Radio Shack (totalling under $10), so that I wouldn't have to put my DVD player right by the projector. The longer ones online are hella expensive and plus I thought it'd be fun.

After an hour of soldering and stringing up the cable, I plugged in a component cable from my DVD player into the female phono connectors (I was thinking I wanted to get a component cable for my PS2, which is why I put female connectors onto the breakout cable). I turned on my DVD player and crossed my fingers. No luck. I tried changing settings on my projector, and still no luck. All I get is a blank blue screen with the words "Searching for signal..." at the bottom.

Thinking I somehow screwed up the soldering, I put it aside and kind of forgot about it until today. It suddenly hit me that my DVD player is an old Toshiba and therefore is non-progressive scan. So to shorten my story, I'm wondering if a non-progressive scan signal can be passed into the VGA port of the X1 and still produce a picture? Or is that the problem here? I want to know before I go and buy a component cable for my PS2 (it's the new slimmer one which supposedly plays progressive scan signals).

Bottom line: Will the X1 VGA port accept a non-progressive scan signal?

Last edited by hahn; 11-15-04 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-16-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not an X1 owner, however my understanding is in order to get the best X1 picture you need to utilize its Fajourda chip by feeding your interlaced (480i) signal in via the S-video input.

As far as feeding a 480i via the VGA port I dont know.