DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Need Help !!

Old 01-31-02, 02:37 PM

Need Help !!

Please don't kill me if this has been answered somewhere. I am planning to move back to my country where they use PAL where I plan to take my Home theatre and TV with the DVD player.

So my question is what would be the best place to buy multi-region or multi-system TV and DVD player? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by doncorleone; 02-01-02 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-01-02, 02:39 AM

14 views and no reply !!!!
Old 02-01-02, 09:50 AM
Cool New Member

PAL Systems

I am in same position and have done some research. Basically what I have found is as follows:

Receiver, powered sub woofer, DVD player etc - okay just buy a good transformer ($60) before you go back home.

TV - get one where you are going to, if UK then most 'good' TV's there will display NTSC signals fine.

DVD Player - again you could get an Apex here (read some posts on this) or wait till you get back to UK and buy a DVD player which has been 'hacked' to play all region discs - though don't forget you will need your NTSC DVD player for the DVD's you bought in USA.
There are many more open region systems in Europe, I guess people use discs there from a wider range of territories than USA.

Good Luck
Old 02-01-02, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by doncorleone
14 views and no reply !!!!
No offense, but that tends to happen with vague thread titles. People have to open the thread to read a question they have no idea how to answer.

Again, no offense intended, but you may want to be more specific when you start a thread.