Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

XBOX: Getting Interference from Monster cables (Wavy lines)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-01, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a weird situation.
I use monster svideo and monster optical cables for both my XBOX nad PS2 to go to my receiver, and back out to my TV.

The problem is, my XBOX is giving wavy moving lines on the TV. I tried unplugging everything on my receiver and moving my XBOX to different svideo inputs and it will still give wavy lines. I thought, maybe the cable is bad? So I plugged the xbox svideo directly to my TV and no wavy lines at all.

So my receiver must be having trouble pushing the signal to the TV, but I checked with mY PS2 and gamecube (both also hooked up to the receiver with svideo) and I see no wavy lines in the TV at all!

The only work around I see, is to get my XBOX plugged directly into the component input on my TV (thereby unplugging my DVD player).

And either plugging my DVD player to an SVIDEO on the receiver, or make my XBOX the DVD player and forget about my DVD player.

Does anyone have experience with the quality of XBOX's DVD playback? (I dont have the kit obviously).

Thanks,
ELmO
Old 12-27-01, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have the Playstation and Gamecube powered off when you are using the X-Box? Maybe that is causing the problem.

I doubt you are getting interference on the monster cable as they are shielded pretty well.