Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

pioneer dv-333 problem

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

pioneer dv-333 problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-01, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pioneer dv-333 problem

Lately my Pioneer DV-333 player has been malfunctioning.

Rarely will a CD (of any kind... audio, dvd, cdr, vcd) play correctly on the first try. I can hear a spinning of some sort inside the player a couple of times, then it simply gives up and opens the tray.

It sounds like a laser problem to me, but that wouldn't explain why after 15-20 attempts to play something it finally works. Also, if I keep the player on after I get a CD to successfully play, it will work perfectly until I turn it off.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem, who I could send it to for repairs, or anything else will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-23-01, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: pioneer dv-333 problem

Originally posted by merkury
Lately my Pioneer DV-333 player has been malfunctioning.

Rarely will a CD (of any kind... audio, dvd, cdr, vcd) play correctly on the first try. I can hear a spinning of some sort inside the player a couple of times, then it simply gives up and opens the tray.

It sounds like a laser problem to me, but that wouldn't explain why after 15-20 attempts to play something it finally works. Also, if I keep the player on after I get a CD to successfully play, it will work perfectly until I turn it off.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem, who I could send it to for repairs, or anything else will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If the Laser reader is dirty I suppose you could try on of those cleaning kits you can get at most electronics shops. Other than that though you will probably have to get the unit serviced. If it is still under warranty, contact Pioneer and find out if they have an authorized repair shop in your area. If not you may have to send the unit back to them for the repair.

If you your unit is out of warrnaty I would still contact Pioneer and see what they can do about the situation, and recommend a shop in your area for repairs. However fixing the problem could end up almost expensive as buying a new player if your warranty is over once you figure in shipping charges and repair fees.

J