Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

What cords to use for DVD-Audio?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-01, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the new Kenwood Sovereign 5900-M (I think that's the model?) on preorder for almost 2 months now, and it's supposed to be coming out finally in about 2 weeks. This model has internal bass-management (finally!) and holds 400 +3 discs. I have 825 dvds now, so I'll definitely fill it up. It also has some patented progressive-scan technology that's supposed to make dvds look more like HD (which should be sweet on my 65" HDTV). I was wondering what cords to use to hook it up. I have a fiberoptic for the dvd sound, but was wondering if they have a cord yet for the dvd-audio-out or if I have to use a bunch of seperate cables. Before, I heard they didn't make any 6 cord connectors for 5.1. I don't want to use regular RCA jacks, since I use all Monster cables, but what type should I be looking at. Do digital coaxial cables work, or should I just get good quality Monster/RCA cables? Should I get 6 seperate cords, or 2 3-cords, or 3 2-cords?
Old 09-23-01, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know monster makes a 5.1 cable, and I'm willing to bet that audioquest, Kimber, vampire, and just about any other major cable manufacturer will have them as well.
Old 09-23-01, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are you sure the player won't come packed with cables? My JVC PS DVD/DVD Audio player had the cables included, although they're probably not the greatest quality. Whether you could hear any difference by using more expensive cables, I don't know, but it's such a short run from the analog outputs on the receiver to the player that I doubt it's a huge difference.

BTW, the player came with 3 2-cord cables.