Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Titanic: Up For Grabs

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-11, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a new, Factory Sealed, Paramount single disc "TITANIC", 2X of that version, and One, Brand New, Factory Sealed, Paramount studio produced 2-Discer, 10th year Anniversary Edition "TITANIC". Looking to Trade-Up either 'One for One' type of deal, or All (3) Three DVD items for something really 'Heavy' like. I like New, Sealed ONLY type of DVDs. Preferably "Anchor Bay Studios", "Artisan/Pioneer", or "Image Entertainment Studios".

I'm expecting ZERO responses, or even less than that! Doesn't anyone still have Unopened OOP DVD material hidden and tucked away?!?!?! I'm just about completely positive that I'll not receive any Legitimate 'get-backs' But there's always that slim, Underdog chance. Thanks & GOD BLESS!
Old 02-08-11, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Titanic: Up For Grabs

No thanks
Old 02-08-11, 05:47 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Perhaps you might actually follow through with this deal, right?

Still kinda smarts that you would burn the moderator....
Old 02-09-11, 12:26 AM

Haven't a clue, really not a comp nerd like alot of you are. haven't a clue on how I burned the moderator, can/will you try to explain. To the other "No Thanks" Joker, Here's my logic, try to follow the bouncing ball, if you can. I figured I'd throw up a Title that's in sort of a higher demand, at this time, to FINALLY attract, or embarass some of these heads around here, so i could hopefully land something decent, so i thought, I've tried MANY times before, with no success, so I'm, in not so many words, trying to explain that, it seems that it doesn't matter what DVDs you can 'carrot the horse with', doesn't mean a damn thing, around these parts. Even if I throw out some 'decent' trade bait, 1) Nobody has the goods I would like to trade for, 2)There's a glut of scared rabbits out there"Oh, he's trying to trade "Titanic", must be up to something rotten" or curtain number 3)See both 1 and 2. I won't go through with the trade?! Why would that be, because "Titanic" is so Rad?! So Super cool?! It's garbage to me, it's a mass produced recent release, Paramount shop, circa 97'. Just looking to give these 'traders' what they want. Sorry, I don't work at WalsMart, or Big Lots, can't help you there! Titanic DVDs?! I'll piss on them, that how valuable they are to me, just using, trying to use them as a means to an end, my friend. I ain't looking for any trouble, Mr. Moderator Mao, i like this site, really enjoy it. I guess I went about things definitely way too strong. My pedigree on Amazon showcases my reputation for Collectible DVDs and nothing but. if anyone is still interested in a trade-up scenario, I'm as trustworthy as the Day is long! I NEVER saw this coming, but I will apologize for hurt feelings, and my overly aggressive and seemingly hostile post up. Mistakes are made, and done with.
Old 02-09-11, 01:52 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 02-09-11, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Do you have "special" needs?
Old 02-09-11, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a sealed 3-Disc "Super-special" Edition of Titanic for trade, in case anyone's looking for that version.
Old 02-09-11, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mmmmhhhh, not sure if I understand the first and/or the fourth post but thanks anyway.

Old 02-09-11, 01:32 PM

Not too bad, I was expecting a whole lot worse. Just looking to trade-up with some Cats out there, that's the deal is all. For the Joker who can't understand English. Let me know, and I'll try to translate for you. Better yet, stay out of others deals, especially when it does not concern you in the very least. If you have nothing to do, grab a book, instead of writing nonsense on someone's thread idea(s). Like I said Moderator, I did not know that I was stepping on toes. I would appreciate it if I could get an explanation, so i don't step into a pile of doggie dirt yet again. sorry to keep riding the same pony, just wanted to know is all.
Old 02-09-11, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by clappj
I have a sealed 3-Disc "Super-special" Edition of Titanic for trade, in case anyone's looking for that version.
If you're legit with that, (It's hard to tell anymore if anyone is for real nowadays), I'd be interested. Just wonderin is all.
Old 02-09-11, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by JimmyTheSaint
Not too bad, I was expecting a whole lot worse. Just looking to trade-up with some Cats out there, that's the deal is all. For the Joker who can't understand English. Let me know, and I'll try to translate for you. Better yet, stay out of others deals, especially when it does not concern you in the very least. If you have nothing to do, grab a book, instead of writing nonsense on someone's thread idea(s). Like I said Moderator, I did not know that I was stepping on toes. I would appreciate it if I could get an explanation, so i don't step into a pile of doggie dirt yet again. sorry to keep riding the same pony, just wanted to know is all.
Could you please be so kind and do that for the Joker.

Thank You in advance for your hard work.
Old 02-09-11, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you're legit with that, (It's hard to tell anymore if anyone is for real nowadays), I'd be interested. Just wonderin is all.
Old 02-09-11, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd trade it for that Watchmen: UE Blu-ray of yours.
Old 02-09-11, 05:26 PM
Mao

A month or so ago, you agreed to purchase 2 discs from me. You said to expect payment. It never came, even after sending you e-mails to remind you. Ended up making the sale to someone else. Not necessarily suspension or banning material, but a man's word is a man's word...or so I thought.
Old 02-09-11, 06:25 PM

You'd have to go ask the Cat I sold it to a ways back, I got kinda hurt on that deal, only made $55 profit, was hoping for a helluva lot more. Again, another Joker who sticks his finger where it don't belong. Dag Bra, you got a crapload of posts! Do you have a real job, how do you throw all those posts together? Not really making fun of you, just stating facts is all. Dag, that's a helluva lot of posts. I'd rather spend time doing things with my Wife, then post up all those number of times, but hey, that's just me.
Old 02-09-11, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mao
A month or so ago, you agreed to purchase 2 discs from me. You said to expect payment. It never came, even after sending you e-mails to remind you. Ended up making the sale to someone else. Not necessarily suspension or banning material, but a man's word is a man's word...or so I thought.
Sorry bro, you're right on with that, not really much of an excuse, but I try to deal with a large number of different characters and their DVD goods, all over the place, must of blew it off, or really can't recall. But it's the nature of the game. Do you know how many times that has happened to me? A whole bunch, not a good excuse, but what am i gonna do to the guys who done that to me, gonna call them out? Glad now I know why you was taking shots. Not a big deal though, it's all good baby, baby!
Old 02-09-11, 06:50 PM

I can't take it anymore, so I'm going to offer some honest constructive criticism.

If you want to be taken seriously, you should try posting in full sentences and paragraphs like an adult. The Titanic discs are indeed worth quite a bit, but how do you expect anybody to respect you or listen to you when your posts read like some homie trying to sell me some "extra" speakers out of the back of his van?

Sorry bro, you're right on with that, not really much of an excuse, but I try to deal with a large number of different characters and their DVD goods, all over the place, must of blew it off, or really can't recall. But it's the nature of the game. Do you know how many times that has happened to me? A whole bunch, not a good excuse, but what am i gonna do to the guys who done that to me, gonna call them out? Glad now I know why you was taking shots. Not a big deal though, it's all good baby, baby!
So, not only do you expect us to decipher you ramblings, you've admitted that you could flake on a deal at any point because you blew it off and that's just the way it goes. Way to show that you're somebody to be trusted. God knows I've screwed up a deal or two in my time but went out of my way to make it up to the offended party. Good for you that you've got a great Amazon track record. This isn't either of those places.

State what you have and what you're hoping to get in plain English and you'll probably end up getting a lot more positive traffic in your thread and even make some legit deals.

I do seriously wish you the best. You tend to have some cool stuff up for trade and I think you could do great around here.
Old 02-09-11, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mao
Good to know, I guess I won't grab Titanic anymore now.
Old 02-09-11, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mao
He did the same thing to me. Said to expect a money order in the mail, which I never got. I've actually been dreading the email from him:
"Bro, where's my discs? Didn't ya get that MO I expressed? Don't do me wrong Bro. Don't play me like that. I knew you were gonna cash that money order and never send me my Popcorn movie. That's what a punk would do. A real man would put it in the mail. Tomorrow. Be a real man, bro. Be a real man."
Old 02-09-11, 07:21 PM

Wow...ok, so he jerks around multiple people. I guess I know to stay far FAR away.
Old 02-09-11, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'd have to go ask the Cat I sold it to a ways back, I got kinda hurt on that deal, only made $55 profit, was hoping for a helluva lot more.
Price didn't seem to matter much to you when you put up on here.

I guess I'll try this again, and I'm going to do my best as to not cut into the Clown that 'replied' last time. It's the Ultimate Cut, 4-Disc Box Set of the comic book rendition on DVD, Blu-Ray: WATCHMEN. It's the same one that is retailing online @ AMAZON for $100 to $175, so my "Buck and a Half" opening cost was THAT outrageous?! I really don't care if I ever get rid of it, the cash means not a thing to me, It wouldn't bother me, that if I don't get my price, or what I think it should go for, Dag, I'll literally give it away for free to one of my neighbors kids, or I'll bust it, and light it on fire, it's nothing to me, but Brand New, Overexposed, Overvalued, with a definite "Forced Scarcity Production" type of deal, just like the Sportscard Industry has done and continues to do for the Sheep hobbyists, and pathetic collectors. In short order, I thought it was beyond perfect DVD fodder for the large group of clueless Jokers, like the ones that tried to reply back. Y'all take shots at me, but in the same breath, your mouth waters at the thought of getting this pile of Blu-Ray crapolla. And why was the last thread 'Locked Down'?!!?. I did put a number on the product, but the same exact Jokers, that are on Unemployment, live in their Moms basement, don't know what a girlfriend means, wear dirty, unwashed underwear day in, day out, and play Playstation 3 all day, thought it would be a gas to put up these little 'smilies' to embarras me. Whew, you certainly got me! I', feeling so shamed, that I'm holding my breath, until a full retraction is produced and sent for all to see! I own enough Collectible DVDs, that I can pay your mortgage with just a few of them! Like Gomer done used to exclaim, "Well Golly!, Shazzam, Shazzam, Shazzam!!!!!!!" New PRICE is $149.99
Previous Watchmen thread

Last edited by MrSmearkase; 02-09-11 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-09-11, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm as trustworthy as the Day is long!
must of blew it off, or really can't recall.
Dag bro! You's a trustworthy mutha.
Old 02-10-11, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Good to know, I guess I won't grab Titanic anymore now.
Hmm, so I've beaten a whole bunch of you. What did I do, I asked about a DVD or two, forgot about it, or more like it didn't really care to go after it, so what's gonna happen?! Gonna get pissed over a few sawbucks? Sawbucks are Ten dollar bills, I'm talking like a brother, how do you talk like a brother. i ain't even got a brother, got a sister though. It's called Old Nabe Slang, 30's, 40's speak, thought I was gonna say 'Old School' didn't ya. Let me tell you something from the bottom of my heart, you guys, gals, whatever are way too easy! Almost baby like. Try getting away from the keyboards once in awhile. Say what you will, what you want concerning me, my DVD, my personality, my attitude, my way of throwing terms. What gets me, is, because I prefer to term items, things, with a different kind of taste, I'm trying to be black or something else. Bra, that's old. have you heard the stuff that I've mentioned, my speak I meant. No you Jokers, you haven't and will never, simply because I make it up as I go. It's my take, it's my slang, it's my talk. Never heard of individuality?! You, not all, there are some intelligent Cats out and about, way too many taking shots in the safety of a basement keyboard. One was afraid to try to acquire Titanic from me?! Why, you worried you ain't gonna receive it? Where did that come from, I ever beat anyone for coins before, rob anyone for discs? So, you just want to gang up, put your nose were it don't have no business being. Yeah, I'm sure I at that specific point in time, thought about obtaining a few Used DVDs from a few heads out there. So you waited at the mailbox, and everyday the funds didn't arrive, you yelled "Rats, double Rats!" Pathetic, it's happened to me, plenty of times before, I done blown it off, what was I gonna do, take them to small claims court. I'm sure more than a coupla basement keyboard cowboys will jump on my cup, for the next go around, "Yeah, and you know what?! He stole my boyfriend also, i hate em', I hate em', I hate em'". Listen to the way some of you sound. You don't like a guy, tell him, I didn't throw you some cash, I'd rather hear it in a post, then to hear, you Jokers crying like a woman in labour. it's sad, pathetic. Dag, how long this gonna go on?! I got alot left, and I'm quite sure alot of you do too. i apologized to the moderator about dicking him around awhile back. My mistake is that, didn't know what to do with my cashflow. So I was looking in the wrong spots to throw it away. I never, usually never look to patron Used, Opened DVD items, it ain't me, ain't never been me. I know I bought, no I traded up with some cool Cat by the name of PSUEDO here, I got a NEW, Factory sealed, just the way I like em'! "Silent Night, Deadly Night", for "Straight on till morning" DVD in the same kind of shape. Brandy New! Just the way I like em! I just know I gotta be careful poking fun at the lot of you. Those crazy cats has got the finger on the banned button, for certain, I'm feeling, but not afraid. It's all good, you guys will get over this deal, or you won't. I'm over it already. And I'm pretty sure that I done told PSUEDO that I was gonna throw him a M.O. for some discs, and I never did. But he knows that I never meant to dick him dirty, because he knows I ain't about beating anyone, plus as far as he can say, we already done a deal, and it was delicious! Now, Imma brace up for the next wave of kiddies gonna try to play "The Blame Game" Like I said a time ago, and my Pal "Woody" also stated, "This Is Easy"!!!
Old 02-10-11, 01:29 AM
Mao

I'm going to close this since it's really going nowhere now. All I can say is: Please review the forum guidelines for trading/selling/buying here. if you can't agree to those, then this may not be the place for you. Good luck.