Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

WATCHMEN, Ultimate Cut- Blu-Ray F.S.

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-10, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'll try this again, and I'm going to do my best as to not cut into the Clown that 'replied' last time. It's the Ultimate Cut, 4-Disc Box Set of the comic book rendition on DVD, Blu-Ray: WATCHMEN. It's the same one that is retailing online @ AMAZON for $100 to $175, so my "Buck and a Half" opening cost was THAT outrageous?! I really don't care if I ever get rid of it, the cash means not a thing to me, It wouldn't bother me, that if I don't get my price, or what I think it should go for, Dag, I'll literally give it away for free to one of my neighbors kids, or I'll bust it, and light it on fire, it's nothing to me, but Brand New, Overexposed, Overvalued, with a definite "Forced Scarcity Production" type of deal, just like the Sportscard Industry has done and continues to do for the Sheep hobbyists, and pathetic collectors. In short order, I thought it was beyond perfect DVD fodder for the large group of clueless Jokers, like the ones that tried to reply back. Y'all take shots at me, but in the same breath, your mouth waters at the thought of getting this pile of Blu-Ray crapolla. And why was the last thread 'Locked Down'?!!?. I did put a number on the product, but the same exact Jokers, that are on Unemployment, live in their Moms basement, don't know what a girlfriend means, wear dirty, unwashed underwear day in, day out, and play Playstation 3 all day, thought it would be a gas to put up these little 'smilies' to embarras me. Whew, you certainly got me! I', feeling so shamed, that I'm holding my breath, until a full retraction is produced and sent for all to see! I own enough Collectible DVDs, that I can pay your mortgage with just a few of them! Like Gomer done used to exclaim, "Well Golly!, Shazzam, Shazzam, Shazzam!!!!!!!" New PRICE is $149.99
Old 11-17-10, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: WATCHMEN, Ultimate Cut- Blu-Ray F.S.

Old 11-17-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JimmyTheSaint
It's the same one that is retailing online @ AMAZON for $100 to $175, so my "Buck and a Half" opening cost was THAT outrageous?!
Yes, it is. Just because it's listed at those prices doesn't mean it's selling at those prices. There are multiple listings on eBay for $100 or best offer, and they're not even selling at that price (the highest it actually sold for was $86.99). Your asking price is laughable, and your shitty attitude about it even more so.
Old 11-17-10, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey OP,

While you're over at Amazon, see if they have meds.
Old 11-17-10, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jimmy,
I would buy it for $40. If so, send me your paypal account address. Thanks!
Old 11-17-10, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
Jimmy,
I would buy it for $40. If so, send me your paypal account address. Thanks!
Wow, you're so cutting edge! Instead of three 6's to your tag, you added yet another one! Whew, Dag, Homey, that's some hardcore work you've put in! What is paypal anyways, I only deal in cash money. Perhaps you cannot read, so I'll try to break it down even further for you 'Extra 6', (I'm still in awe, Dag, that extra digit, Wows!). Before God in the Third Heaven, I will light this item , and watch joyously as the thing burns up, before I drop it to you 'Extra 6', for double twenties! (Still In Awe!)
Old 11-17-10, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll take it for $30.
Old 11-17-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll chip in a buck for the gasoline.
Old 11-17-10, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, you're so cutting edge! Instead of three 6's to your tag, you added yet another one! Whew, Dag, Homey, that's some hardcore work you've put in! What is paypal anyways, I only deal in cash money. Perhaps you cannot read, so I'll try to break it down even further for you 'Extra 6', (I'm still in awe, Dag, that extra digit, Wows!). Before God in the Third Heaven, I will light this item , and watch joyously as the thing burns up, before I drop it to you 'Extra 6', for double twenties! (Still In Awe!)
Police dispatcher: Calling Car 15. Calling Car 15. Car 15!
Pat Patton: Car 15, Patton speaking.
Police dispatcher: Contact Dick Tracy at once. Have him go over to the Flawless Furs warehouse. Dillon reports some shenanigans - a busted fuse box at the garage.
Pat Patton: Then tell him to call-tell him to call an electrician, not Dick Tracy
Police dispatcher: Now come on, Pat! The night watchman has disappeared. It might be homicide.
Pat Patton: Oh, that's different. I'll tell Dick Tracy right away!
Old 11-17-10, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
I'll take it for $30.
Counter-offer of $29.99
Old 11-17-10, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've already got one of these, but I could use another. So, MrSmearkase, I'll see your $29.99 and raise the OP $28.00, including shipping.
Old 11-17-10, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll raise the price to $45 and I'll throw in my collector's item, hard-to-find Elmo hat:

Old 11-17-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by toddly6666
I'll raise the price to $45 and I'll throw in my collector's item, hard-to-find Elmo hat:

A generous offer indeed, but Jimmy already has a pretty sweet hat:

Old 11-17-10, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why not sell it on Amazon or Ebay like everyone else? Normally we sell to each other (or trade) on a good faith basis where we respect each other as a tight knit community. We deal fairly, and with respect. You, on the other hand, come off as someone with such little regard to your fellow DVDTalkers that I'm surprised you even bother.

For someone who claims to not be in it for the money, you provide no other incentive for someone to want to discuss buying the DVD from you. It is certainly not for building any good will, nor any interest in belonging to a community since you so readily disrespect it and its members.

Neither your words or your actions show you in any positive light and you bring nothing to this community. You sir, by definition, are worthless here.

A decent man would leave well enough alone, possible reflect, and post elsewhere from now on. So naturally I'll expect you to grace us with your wisdom in the many posts to come.
Old 11-17-10, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think if you go back to his posting history you can form a picture of the OP. I assume that his reposting of this item is more of an "FU" or "trying to get the last word". Whether he is a collector or opportunist, I guess it doesn't matter, since he won't profit from either one at dvdtalk (with that attitude and demeanor). i would guess at this point, he could careless too.

So the question becomes, why would he bother spending anytime here?
Old 11-17-10, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RonBoster
So the question becomes, why would he bother spending anytime here?
I think the reason can be found in his original post:

I'm a Joker, on Unemployment, live in my Moms basement, don't know what a girlfriend means, wear dirty, unwashed underwear day in, day out, and play Playstation 3 all day
I can see where you might have missed it though.
Old 11-17-10, 05:13 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Jimmy....please repost when you're ready to simply offer the item with a short, succinct post rather than a rambling missive.