Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Used DVD Treasure Hunt

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Used DVD Treasure Hunt

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-05, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wewantflair
Title: Meet Joe Black: Ultimate Edition
Total Price: 12.86 (9.99 + .87 tax + 2.00 priority shipping) - Paypal fees extra!
Availability: Unclaimed
Disc Condition: This is sealed, but some of the wrapper is a little ripped. I just picked this up at FYE today at this very, very low price. I suspect they had some warehouse overstock sent out to the stores.
Sounds too good to pass up. I'd like to stake my claim to this one.
Old 04-09-05, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's yours, slowcloud. E-mail me please.
Old 04-10-05, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Have you made sure that it's the OOP version instead of the one that's still readily available? It's my understanding that the only way to know is to play the disc...
Old 04-10-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The OOP version has a restoration demonstration that the new version does not have. AFAIK, the packaging on these titles is identical, so the only way to check this out is to play the disc.
Old 04-10-05, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by wewantflair
The OOP version has a restoration demonstration that the new version does not have. AFAIK, the packaging on these titles is identical, so the only way to check this out is to play the disc.
I believe this is correct. The copy I have says "First Printing" on the back cover but it is not the OOP version with the restoration demo.
Old 04-10-05, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by achau9598
Thanks . I will check this out . If it has the restoration demo, should I pick it up at that price?
Absolutely.
Old 04-10-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is the demo located on the main menu? When I had the DVD checked in the store, it had PLAY MOVIE, CHAPTERS, COMMENTARY, and HELP. I guess this is not the OOP version?
Old 04-10-05, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No offense, but what is the point of posting used "deals" at double MSRP? And more importantly, what stores are you frequenting that have the balls to charge double ebay value for a used title?
Old 04-11-05, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm only listing what I see. I have no control over what they are putting on their price sticker.
Old 04-11-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Please add +1 sale for me and +1 purchased for Johnny Zhivago
Loc - Just wanted to follow up on this, not sure if you've made note of it in the buyers and sellers info. Smooth transaction all around. My buyers info is listed under the veteran sellers info, as is the info for achau9598. Thanks!

JZ
Old 04-11-05, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
Loc - Just wanted to follow up on this, not sure if you've made note of it in the buyers and sellers info. Smooth transaction all around. My buyers info is listed under the veteran sellers info, as is the info for achau9598. Thanks!

JZ
Done and done. Thanks for the reminder. I overlooked achau's post. I beg your patience with entering all of the data since I will be tracking all buyers and sellers info for this second round of the thread. With the first thread, we timed it so that drjay and DrGerbil were able to share the load since we coordinated it so that they posted the Buyers and Sellers Data posts right after my introductory post. Thus, they were each able to edit their posts to track this data. Rather than trying to orchestrate that maneuver again this go around, I just figured I'd cover all the bases for the life of this second round (6 pages is the limit according to Mao - which is cool) and then let Dr.Gerbil or Dr.Jay do the honors for the third round. And we'll then continue to rotate as long as this thing keeps going.

I try to check in once a day, but if you think I've missed a reminder to edit buyers or sellers data, feel free to e-mail me. Thanks and thanks for your support!

Also, FYI, this weekend I saw the following:

Title: 12 Monkeys (DTS) Out of Print
Total Price: $13.00 Shipped via 2 day U.S. Priority
Availability: Unclaimed.
Disc Condition: To be Determined.
Notes: Case appeared to be in reasonably good "used" shape. Please know that 12 Monkeys is being rereleased in an SE in May. I do not think (and I stress the word think because I'm sure everything's subject to change) that the SE will have a DTS track, so this OOP release may still have some value. Do your own research to determine whether this would be a good investment for you. I did not pick it up when I saw it because I was not sure what the specs were going to be on the SE. I can't find confirmation of DTS on the SE so I figured I'd list this as spotted and check interest.

Last edited by Loc Nar; 04-11-05 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-11-05, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Loc Nar
I just figured I'd cover all the bases for the life of this second round (6 pages is the limit according to Mao - which is cool) and then let Dr.Gerbil or Dr.Jay do the honors for the third round. And we'll then continue to rotate as long as this thing keeps going.
I'm down with that.
Old 04-14-05, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slowcloud
Title: Disney's Tarzan - Collector Set - 2 disc set
Total Price: $25
Availablity: Unclaimed
Disc Condition: Used. Both DVDs are in excellent condition with no marks or scratches. Case and inserts present and also in great shape.

I'd definitely be interested in this, please email me, so I can send you the cash via PayPal.
To the powers that be:

Add a point for achau9598. Great DVD set!
Old 04-15-05, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by slowcloud
To the powers that be:

Add a point for achau9598. Great DVD set!
Done. Unless my records are mistaken, slowcloud, with that purchase and the Joe Black disc from wewantflair (also updated), you are now on the Bench. Read the discussion on the first page of this thread about how to get off the bench. Thanks!
Old 04-18-05, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Loc Nar
Done. Unless my records are mistaken, slowcloud, with that purchase and the Joe Black disc from wewantflair (also updated), you are now on the Bench. Read the discussion on the first page of this thread about how to get off the bench. Thanks!
And I duly accept my position on the bench. I do understand the rules of this exchange forum, and I am keeping my eyes peeled at the used DVD stores to get in the game again.
Old 04-19-05, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Title: A Shot in the Dark
Total Price: $18.04 ($14.99 sticker price, plus $1.04 tax plus $2.00 first class mail)
Notes: Sited at Electronics Boutique. This title is OOP and I know it has full and widescreen versions on flipper DVD. It's now only available in Pink Panther box set. Case looked like new.

Title: The Dark Crystal Superbit
Total Price: $18.04 ($14.99 sticker price, plus $1.04 tax plus $2.00 first class mail)
Notes: Sited at Specs Music. Case looked like new.
Old 04-20-05, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cmatherne
Title: Carnivale Season 1
Total Price: $29.99 (Used Price) + 3.00(Tax) + 3.00(Shipping)= 35.99 Total
Availability:Unclaimed
Disc Condition:Used
Notes: Spotted in Gamestop I can go back and check the condition of discs. I thought this was a good price for this.
I might be interested, depending on condition.
Old 04-20-05, 09:30 PM

I will go check tomorrow. Case was in excellent condition with very little wear. I will check disc conditions and pick this up if there are no scrathes.
E-mail me at [email protected] and we can continue this. Thanks
Old 04-22-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Title: Pygmalion (Criterion)
Total Price: $ 19.00 (after tax) + $2.00 (shipping)
Availability:Unclaimed
Disc Condition: not sure. the dvd case is in excellent condition
Old 04-25-05, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Gamblor187
Hope I'm doing this right....

Title: Robocop - Criterion (OOP)
Total Price: $13.00 ($9.99 purchase price + 6% tax + shipping)
Availablity: Unclaimed
Disc Condition: Bought used from Blockbuster. Has sticker on back of case with Blockbuster UPC code. (UPC sticker labels it as "trade-in" rather than "previous rental.) Two stickers on front of case. (Price sticker and a Blockbuster sticker.) Disc has a ton of surface scratches, but they don't effect play. Have played it on both my regular DVD player and XBox without problems.

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions about the condition.
I would like to claim it.
Old 04-29-05, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

1st time I'm doing this so I'm not so sure if it was worth picking up or not, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Also I know there are boots of this, if anyone can tell me how to tell whether or not it is, that'd be helpful.

Title: Silence of the Lambs - Criterion Collection
Total Price: 12.99 + Tax + shipping (your choice)
Disc Condition: Used. Price sticker on the case. Minor surface scratches on the disc.
Old 04-29-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
1st time I'm doing this so I'm not so sure if it was worth picking up or not, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Also I know there are boots of this, if anyone can tell me how to tell whether or not it is, that'd be helpful.

Title: Silence of the Lambs - Criterion Collection
Total Price: 12.99 + Tax + shipping (your choice)
Disc Condition: Used. Price sticker on the case. Minor surface scratches on the disc.
I would like to claim this, if it turns out to be genuine.

Daniel, I saw a website a little while back showing common bootlegs of criterions and what to look for - I will try to find it and email it to you.

Heres the link

Last edited by NCYankee; 04-29-05 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-29-05, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Title: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Universal version) - OOP and fairly rare
Total price : $8 ($6 price + $2 1st class shipping)
Availabiliy : Unclaimed
Disc condition: Appears to have been professionally resurfaced - playing side is like new, label side has a significant number of shallow scratches. Artwork and insert are excellent.

Last edited by NCYankee; 05-03-05 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-29-05, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NCYankee
I would like to claim this, if it turns out to be genuine.

Daniel, I saw a website a little while back showing common bootlegs of criterions and what to look for - I will try to find it and email it to you.

Heres the link
Not sure what is on that link, but one easy way to tell is that Criterions always have the catalog number showing on the inner ring. I am looking at my copy of Traffic and it has the ISBN number laser-etched in it. Some people claim the white ring is the way, but I do not believe that to be true in all cases.
Old 04-29-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bigmommadvd
I would like to claim it.
Transaction completed, and my Robocop: Criterion listing is now CLOSED. E-mails sent to drjay and DrGerbil.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.