Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Disney Blu-ray Club!

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Old 02-13-12, 01:31 PM
  #301  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Joined back up today for the BR club using offer code 18864D. Came in a mailer I recieved and so I scored 7 Blurays for 21.90 shipped and only 2 more to buy!

Fox & Hound two movie collection
Bugs Life
Bambi II
Dumbo
Tinker Bell
Lady and the Tramp
Gnomeo & Juliet

Last edited by pjten101; 02-16-12 at 01:36 PM. Reason: had one movie changed via call to CSR
Old 02-13-12, 01:42 PM
  #302  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Just picked up Tangled
Old 02-13-12, 04:36 PM
  #303  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Sorry if this is listed somewhere, but is there a way to find out when certain titles will become available? I'm interested in Monsters inc but noticed that it is not for sale in the club.
Old 02-14-12, 09:59 PM
  #304  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Talked to cs Rep on the phone tonight and she swapped out one of my initial order movies for the lady and the tramp br since the order is in processing. Happy with that adjustment since the kiddos want lady and the tramp.

She also said all three lion kings can be had for 50 shipped, is that worth jumping on? It seems like a good price. Will the three count as two fulfillments?
Old 02-14-12, 11:29 PM
  #305  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,220
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pjten101 View Post
Talked to cs Rep on the phone tonight and she swapped out one of my initial order movies for the lady and the tramp br since the order is in processing. Happy with that adjustment since the kiddos want lady and the tramp.

She also said all three lion kings can be had for 50 shipped, is that worth jumping on? It seems like a good price. Will the three count as two fulfillments?
The 3 for $50 counts as 1 only... That's still a great deal if you don't have any of them.
Old 02-15-12, 10:46 AM
  #306  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
riotinmyskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: portsmouth, va
Posts: 9,176
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

is there a way to get beauty and beast as an enrollment title?

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out.

Last edited by riotinmyskull; 02-15-12 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-15-12, 11:01 AM
  #307  
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner
 
Obi-Wanma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit - Formerly known as Obi-Wan Jabroni
Posts: 11,883
Received 422 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by pjten101 View Post
Talked to cs Rep on the phone tonight and she swapped out one of my initial order movies for the lady and the tramp br since the order is in processing. Happy with that adjustment since the kiddos want lady and the tramp.

She also said all three lion kings can be had for 50 shipped, is that worth jumping on? It seems like a good price. Will the three count as two fulfillments?
If you're thinking at all about cycling and starting over when you're done with this membership, it's better to just order your 2 fulfillments, and get anything else you want in your next enrollment package. You can get almost any title as an enrollment (including all 3 lion kings) if you use the item number replacement trick outlined earlier in this thread.
Old 02-15-12, 09:06 PM
  #308  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
If you're thinking at all about cycling and starting over when you're done with this membership, it's better to just order your 2 fulfillments, and get anything else you want in your next enrollment package. You can get almost any title as an enrollment (including all 3 lion kings) if you use the item number replacement trick outlined earlier in this thread.
Thanks for the info. how soon after canceling an account can you activate a new account? I thought about orderding my two fulfillments soon and then closing the account. Wasnt sure how long I would have to wait after before creating a new account- without any worry DMC will decline the new account?

Is there an active list of item numbers posted somewhere, or is it just advised to write down the item numbers of movies you want before asking DMC to cancel your current account?

Last edited by pjten101; 02-15-12 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-16-12, 06:08 AM
  #309  
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner
 
Obi-Wanma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit - Formerly known as Obi-Wan Jabroni
Posts: 11,883
Received 422 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by pjten101 View Post
Thanks for the info. how soon after canceling an account can you activate a new account? I thought about orderding my two fulfillments soon and then closing the account. Wasnt sure how long I would have to wait after before creating a new account- without any worry DMC will decline the new account?

Is there an active list of item numbers posted somewhere, or is it just advised to write down the item numbers of movies you want before asking DMC to cancel your current account?
When you can no longer log in to the website with your account information, you should be free and clear to open a new one (this is usually only a day or 2 after you call DMC and cancel, in my experience).

There's a list of item numbers at blu-ray.com which is linked to somewhere in this thread, but last time I checked it wasn't up to date. Probably best to pick out your next enrollment titles and note the numbers before cancelling your current account. That's what I do.

Also if you're thinking about ordering either of the Lion King sequels in your enrollment package, probably best to wait until they are officially released (March 6)
Old 02-16-12, 01:31 PM
  #310  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
When you can no longer log in to the website with your account information, you should be free and clear to open a new one (this is usually only a day or 2 after you call DMC and cancel, in my experience).

There's a list of item numbers at blu-ray.com which is linked to somewhere in this thread, but last time I checked it wasn't up to date. Probably best to pick out your next enrollment titles and note the numbers before cancelling your current account. That's what I do.

Also if you're thinking about ordering either of the Lion King sequels in your enrollment package, probably best to wait until they are officially released (March 6)
Thanks for the info! I am awaiting arrival of my enrollment order so now I need to plan out what I will be purchasing to fulfill my two required at full price. Any suggestions on the best deal to watch out for to make the purchase of the two fulfillment movies? I was unsure if there were any incentives that helped ease the 29.95 each minimum price and still count as a fulfillment.
Old 02-16-12, 02:12 PM
  #311  
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner
 
Obi-Wanma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit - Formerly known as Obi-Wan Jabroni
Posts: 11,883
Received 422 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by pjten101 View Post
Thanks for the info! I am awaiting arrival of my enrollment order so now I need to plan out what I will be purchasing to fulfill my two required at full price. Any suggestions on the best deal to watch out for to make the purchase of the two fulfillment movies? I was unsure if there were any incentives that helped ease the 29.95 each minimum price and still count as a fulfillment.
Sometimes the monthly offer will include free shipping when you buy 2 or more (although if the offer also discounts your second title, it will not count as a fullfillment, so if that happens, you might be able to call in your order and get them to waive the discount but still give you free shipping), and that's the best time to fulfill. Also, 24.95 Pre-orders usually count as fulfillments (Lady and the Tramp was one).
Old 02-25-12, 04:07 PM
  #312  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,337
Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

In case anyone was curious, the Lion King 1/12 & 2 selection does count as a commitment, mine already shipped and it now shows that I'm fulfilled!
Old 03-01-12, 07:42 PM
  #313  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Does anybody know when the enrollment code 18864D expires?

I found another code 17674D that expires on 3/9/12.

They both are for the same offer, with only having to buy 3 movies, but you can buy one upfront and reduce the amount that you have to buy to 2 movies.

Thanks
Old 03-02-12, 10:16 AM
  #314  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by rcbrad View Post

I found another code 17674D that expires on 3/9/12.
How do you know that this code is going to expire next week? If it is truly going to expire next week, then I better get to getting and put in a new application. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 03-02-12, 06:18 PM
  #315  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
How do you know that this code is going to expire next week? If it is truly going to expire next week, then I better get to getting and put in a new application. Thanks for the heads-up.
It listed an expiration date for 17674D on a coupon code site. I am not sure if it is indeed accurate or not? I wanted to wait to join again a bit later down the road, but was concerned about this code expiring also and I am not sure when the other code (18864D) expires. I found the code 18864D on this site.

Maybe I should not chance it.
Old 03-02-12, 09:18 PM
  #316  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 1,934
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by rcbrad View Post
Does anybody know when the enrollment code 18864D expires?

I found another code 17674D that expires on 3/9/12.

They both are for the same offer, with only having to buy 3 movies, but you can buy one upfront and reduce the amount that you have to buy to 2 movies.

Thanks
Hopefully this is not true(about the code expiring), but I went ahead and called to cancel my account. I had just fulfilled it recently with the release of LATT.

Now I will give it a couple of days and sign back up before 3/9 in case it does expire.
Old 03-05-12, 08:07 AM
  #317  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Starts 02/07 Lion King 1 1/2 & Lion King 2: Simba's Pride both for $34.95

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
New deal starts tomorrow...
Buy 1 at regular price then get 40% off additional titles.
TV sets 50% off (no full price required)
Free shipping on your orders when you purchase 2 or more
Lion King 1 1/2 & Lion King 2: Simba's Pride $29.95 each or both for $34.95 (0026032) (Also available in a triple feature for $49.95, Lion King is 2 disc version)
I finally looked in this thread hoping to see how to order this 2 pack for $34.95 - 30% discount. I even logged in to my online account for the first time ever to find out it's a poorly behaving site. It won't let me change my preferred format to Blu-Ray, it won't let me select or search for item 0026032, and it keeps on saying things like the site is unavailable and forcing me to re-login. Someone mentioned using the "item replacement trick" found earlier in this thread which I finally think I found at: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10827092-post133.html
However, that "trick" sure doesn't work for me, and the sample URL can't be used with the ... in the name. I guess I'll have to call them up this morning and have learned not to waste time trying to order on their website ever again.

Last edited by Manzana; 03-05-12 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-05-12, 09:14 AM
  #318  
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner
 
Obi-Wanma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit - Formerly known as Obi-Wan Jabroni
Posts: 11,883
Received 422 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Starts 02/07 Lion King 1 1/2 & Lion King 2: Simba's Pride both for $34.95

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
I finally looked in this thread hoping to see how to order this 2 pack for $34.95 - 30% discount. I even logged in to my online account for the first time ever to find out it's a poorly behaving site. It won't let me change my preferred format to Blu-Ray, it won't let me select or search for item 0026032, and it keeps on saying things like the site is unavailable and forcing me to re-login. Someone mentioned using the "item replacement trick" found earlier in this thread which I finally think I found at: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10827092-post133.html
However, that "trick" sure doesn't work for me, and the sample URL can't be used with the ... in the name. I guess I'll have to call them up this morning and have learned not to waste time trying to order on their website ever again.
Are you opening a new account or using an existing account? The item number replacment trick is for enrollment packages, for adding items that aren't normally available for enrollment.
Old 03-05-12, 10:36 AM
  #319  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Starts 02/07 Lion King 1 1/2 & Lion King 2: Simba's Pride both for $34.95

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Are you opening a new account or using an existing account? The item number replacment trick is for enrollment packages, for adding items that aren't normally available for enrollment.
Existing account. I've never had time to do multiple enrollments for DMC. I used to do it for CH years ago, but ran out of time. The problem with DMC is that I already have most Disney stuff I want, so I'd be hard pressed to find enough enrollment items unless I stop buying Disney stuff for a while.

I just wanted to be able to add the Lion King 1.5 and 2 $34.95 BD combo pack to my cart with the item # but I couldn't. I'm about to call now. Hopefully they're open and it won't be a long wait.

EDIT: I could find no way to get a human on the 1-800-382-4527, so I ended up calling 1-920-521-4015. Is there no toll free number and set of options to reach a human at the DMC? I was able to place an order over the phone for the $29.91 price, but I was disappointed how difficult the whole thing was with their web site and toll free number. I was also told when switching to BD I can call back and choose any single movie BD for $10 (no shipping). I guess that means I'll have to use their web site again to browse what they have.

Last edited by Manzana; 03-05-12 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-05-12, 11:36 AM
  #320  
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner
 
Obi-Wanma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit - Formerly known as Obi-Wan Jabroni
Posts: 11,883
Received 422 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Starts 02/07 Lion King 1 1/2 & Lion King 2: Simba's Pride both for $34.95

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
I could find no way to get a human on the 1-800-382-4527, so I ended up calling 1-920-521-4015. Is there no toll free number and set of options to reach a human at the DMC?
That number is for featured title responses. Customer service is 1-800-362-4587
Old 03-06-12, 09:59 AM
  #321  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Galt's Gulch
Posts: 3,594
Received 256 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Beauty and the Beast 3D is available for only 24.95. There's reports on blu-ray.com that it counts as a fulfillment as well.
Old 03-06-12, 11:52 PM
  #322  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Could anyone who has already done the get a Blu-Ray for $10 for switching your preferred format from DVD to Blu-Ray offer at DMC tell me if 3D Blu-Rays are included?

When the lady offered it, she said any single movie (not boxed sets) would work and since I didn't know what I wanted to get that I'd have to call back to get this offer as it couldn't be done online. She also said there were no additional shipping costs... just $10 even. I didn't think to ask her if 3D Blu-Rays would count until after I hung up. It would help to know this as I need to browse their catalog this weekend and hope I can find something I want for $10 that I don't already have.
Old 03-07-12, 12:01 AM
  #323  
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner
 
Obi-Wanma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit - Formerly known as Obi-Wan Jabroni
Posts: 11,883
Received 422 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Could anyone who has already done the get a Blu-Ray for $10 for switching your preferred format from DVD to Blu-Ray offer at DMC tell me if 3D Blu-Rays are included?

When the lady offered it, she said any single movie (not boxed sets) would work and since I didn't know what I wanted to get that I'd have to call back to get this offer as it couldn't be done online. She also said there were no additional shipping costs... just $10 even. I didn't think to ask her if 3D Blu-Rays would count until after I hung up. It would help to know this as I need to browse their catalog this weekend and hope I can find something I want for $10 that I don't already have.
It's any BD regularly priced 29.95 or less. I don't think any of the 3D titles are 29.95 or less, except for BatB, but I don't know if that would count, because it's on sale.

Also, I don't know if they changed it, but I've always been charged shipping when ordering a $10 Blu-Ray

Also, after you switch your prefered format, you should get the $10 blu offer under "Other Offers" on your account. Once you select that as your offer, all the the titles that are eligible, should show as priced at $10.
Old 03-07-12, 10:37 AM
  #324  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
That'sAllFolks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,720
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Beauty and the Beast 3D is available for only 24.95. There's reports on blu-ray.com that it counts as a fulfillment as well.
Worked for me, and the CSR verified that it wold count as a fulfillment. I tried to do in online, but it would only let me add 1 to my cart. So I opened 2 windows of feature title options before responding. In my cart it added the 2 amounts together, but only indicated "1". I called CS who made an order with 2 BATB 3D, along with 2 3D cards and fulfilled my account started 2 weeks ago!

Probably gonna sign up again when I get the 2 BATB, but will wait to fulfill. Disneys averaging just over 8 bucks is pretty good to me!
Old 03-08-12, 07:12 AM
  #325  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Obi-Wan Jabroni, thanks for the info. I figured the $10 BD promo couldn't be "any single movie" set even though that's how the rep described it. Too bad the only 3D BD that qualifies is BATB which I already have on 3D. It looks like it's going to be a struggle for me to find a BD for $29.95 or less that I don't have, want, and think is worth $10.

Since you said they charged shipping, I bet the rep was also wrong about that and when I call back I'll have to pay shipping. Do you remember how much the shipping on it would be? Probably way too much. That'll make it even more difficult to find anything worth getting.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.