Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-12, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Joined back up today for the BR club using offer code 18864D. Came in a mailer I recieved and so I scored 7 Blurays for 21.90 shipped and only 2 more to buy!

Fox & Hound two movie collection
Bugs Life
Bambi II
Dumbo
Tinker Bell
Lady and the Tramp
Gnomeo & Juliet

Last edited by pjten101; 02-16-12 at 01:36 PM. Reason: had one movie changed via call to CSR
Old 02-13-12, 01:42 PM

Just picked up Tangled
Old 02-13-12, 04:36 PM
Cool New Member

Sorry if this is listed somewhere, but is there a way to find out when certain titles will become available? I'm interested in Monsters inc but noticed that it is not for sale in the club.
Old 02-14-12, 09:59 PM

Talked to cs Rep on the phone tonight and she swapped out one of my initial order movies for the lady and the tramp br since the order is in processing. Happy with that adjustment since the kiddos want lady and the tramp.

She also said all three lion kings can be had for 50 shipped, is that worth jumping on? It seems like a good price. Will the three count as two fulfillments?
Old 02-14-12, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pjten101
Talked to cs Rep on the phone tonight and she swapped out one of my initial order movies for the lady and the tramp br since the order is in processing. Happy with that adjustment since the kiddos want lady and the tramp.

She also said all three lion kings can be had for 50 shipped, is that worth jumping on? It seems like a good price. Will the three count as two fulfillments?
The 3 for $50 counts as 1 only... That's still a great deal if you don't have any of them.
Old 02-15-12, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is there a way to get beauty and beast as an enrollment title?

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out.

Last edited by riotinmyskull; 02-15-12 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-15-12, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

If you're thinking at all about cycling and starting over when you're done with this membership, it's better to just order your 2 fulfillments, and get anything else you want in your next enrollment package. You can get almost any title as an enrollment (including all 3 lion kings) if you use the item number replacement trick outlined earlier in this thread.
Old 02-15-12, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
If you're thinking at all about cycling and starting over when you're done with this membership, it's better to just order your 2 fulfillments, and get anything else you want in your next enrollment package. You can get almost any title as an enrollment (including all 3 lion kings) if you use the item number replacement trick outlined earlier in this thread.
Thanks for the info. how soon after canceling an account can you activate a new account? I thought about orderding my two fulfillments soon and then closing the account. Wasnt sure how long I would have to wait after before creating a new account- without any worry DMC will decline the new account?

Is there an active list of item numbers posted somewhere, or is it just advised to write down the item numbers of movies you want before asking DMC to cancel your current account?

Last edited by pjten101; 02-15-12 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-16-12, 06:08 AM

Thanks for the info. how soon after canceling an account can you activate a new account? I thought about orderding my two fulfillments soon and then closing the account. Wasnt sure how long I would have to wait after before creating a new account- without any worry DMC will decline the new account?

Is there an active list of item numbers posted somewhere, or is it just advised to write down the item numbers of movies you want before asking DMC to cancel your current account?
When you can no longer log in to the website with your account information, you should be free and clear to open a new one (this is usually only a day or 2 after you call DMC and cancel, in my experience).

There's a list of item numbers at blu-ray.com which is linked to somewhere in this thread, but last time I checked it wasn't up to date. Probably best to pick out your next enrollment titles and note the numbers before cancelling your current account. That's what I do.

Also if you're thinking about ordering either of the Lion King sequels in your enrollment package, probably best to wait until they are officially released (March 6)
Old 02-16-12, 01:31 PM

When you can no longer log in to the website with your account information, you should be free and clear to open a new one (this is usually only a day or 2 after you call DMC and cancel, in my experience).

There's a list of item numbers at blu-ray.com which is linked to somewhere in this thread, but last time I checked it wasn't up to date. Probably best to pick out your next enrollment titles and note the numbers before cancelling your current account. That's what I do.

Also if you're thinking about ordering either of the Lion King sequels in your enrollment package, probably best to wait until they are officially released (March 6)
Thanks for the info! I am awaiting arrival of my enrollment order so now I need to plan out what I will be purchasing to fulfill my two required at full price. Any suggestions on the best deal to watch out for to make the purchase of the two fulfillment movies? I was unsure if there were any incentives that helped ease the 29.95 each minimum price and still count as a fulfillment.
Old 02-16-12, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the info! I am awaiting arrival of my enrollment order so now I need to plan out what I will be purchasing to fulfill my two required at full price. Any suggestions on the best deal to watch out for to make the purchase of the two fulfillment movies? I was unsure if there were any incentives that helped ease the 29.95 each minimum price and still count as a fulfillment.
Sometimes the monthly offer will include free shipping when you buy 2 or more (although if the offer also discounts your second title, it will not count as a fullfillment, so if that happens, you might be able to call in your order and get them to waive the discount but still give you free shipping), and that's the best time to fulfill. Also, 24.95 Pre-orders usually count as fulfillments (Lady and the Tramp was one).
Old 02-25-12, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

In case anyone was curious, the Lion King 1/12 & 2 selection does count as a commitment, mine already shipped and it now shows that I'm fulfilled!
Old 03-01-12, 07:42 PM
Cool New Member

Does anybody know when the enrollment code 18864D expires?

I found another code 17674D that expires on 3/9/12.

They both are for the same offer, with only having to buy 3 movies, but you can buy one upfront and reduce the amount that you have to buy to 2 movies.

Thanks
Old 03-02-12, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rcbrad

How do you know that this code is going to expire next week? If it is truly going to expire next week, then I better get to getting and put in a new application. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 03-02-12, 06:18 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
How do you know that this code is going to expire next week? If it is truly going to expire next week, then I better get to getting and put in a new application. Thanks for the heads-up.
It listed an expiration date for 17674D on a coupon code site. I am not sure if it is indeed accurate or not? I wanted to wait to join again a bit later down the road, but was concerned about this code expiring also and I am not sure when the other code (18864D) expires. I found the code 18864D on this site.

Maybe I should not chance it.
Old 03-02-12, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rcbrad
Does anybody know when the enrollment code 18864D expires?

They both are for the same offer, with only having to buy 3 movies, but you can buy one upfront and reduce the amount that you have to buy to 2 movies.

Thanks
Hopefully this is not true(about the code expiring), but I went ahead and called to cancel my account. I had just fulfilled it recently with the release of LATT.

Now I will give it a couple of days and sign back up before 3/9 in case it does expire.
Old 03-05-12, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Starts 02/07 Lion King 1 1/2 & Lion King 2: Simba's Pride both for $34.95

Originally Posted by bigjim25
New deal starts tomorrow...
Buy 1 at regular price then get 40% off additional titles.
TV sets 50% off (no full price required)
Free shipping on your orders when you purchase 2 or more
Lion King 1 1/2 & Lion King 2: Simba's Pride $29.95 each or both for $34.95 (0026032) (Also available in a triple feature for $49.95, Lion King is 2 disc version)
I finally looked in this thread hoping to see how to order this 2 pack for $34.95 - 30% discount. I even logged in to my online account for the first time ever to find out it's a poorly behaving site. It won't let me change my preferred format to Blu-Ray, it won't let me select or search for item 0026032, and it keeps on saying things like the site is unavailable and forcing me to re-login. Someone mentioned using the "item replacement trick" found earlier in this thread which I finally think I found at: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10827092-post133.html
However, that "trick" sure doesn't work for me, and the sample URL can't be used with the ... in the name. I guess I'll have to call them up this morning and have learned not to waste time trying to order on their website ever again.

Last edited by Manzana; 03-05-12 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-05-12, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I finally looked in this thread hoping to see how to order this 2 pack for $34.95 - 30% discount. I even logged in to my online account for the first time ever to find out it's a poorly behaving site. It won't let me change my preferred format to Blu-Ray, it won't let me select or search for item 0026032, and it keeps on saying things like the site is unavailable and forcing me to re-login. Someone mentioned using the "item replacement trick" found earlier in this thread which I finally think I found at: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10827092-post133.html
However, that "trick" sure doesn't work for me, and the sample URL can't be used with the ... in the name. I guess I'll have to call them up this morning and have learned not to waste time trying to order on their website ever again.
Are you opening a new account or using an existing account? The item number replacment trick is for enrollment packages, for adding items that aren't normally available for enrollment.
Old 03-05-12, 10:36 AM

Are you opening a new account or using an existing account? The item number replacment trick is for enrollment packages, for adding items that aren't normally available for enrollment.
Existing account. I've never had time to do multiple enrollments for DMC. I used to do it for CH years ago, but ran out of time. The problem with DMC is that I already have most Disney stuff I want, so I'd be hard pressed to find enough enrollment items unless I stop buying Disney stuff for a while.

I just wanted to be able to add the Lion King 1.5 and 2 $34.95 BD combo pack to my cart with the item # but I couldn't. I'm about to call now. Hopefully they're open and it won't be a long wait.

EDIT: I could find no way to get a human on the 1-800-382-4527, so I ended up calling 1-920-521-4015. Is there no toll free number and set of options to reach a human at the DMC? I was able to place an order over the phone for the $29.91 price, but I was disappointed how difficult the whole thing was with their web site and toll free number. I was also told when switching to BD I can call back and choose any single movie BD for $10 (no shipping). I guess that means I'll have to use their web site again to browse what they have.

Last edited by Manzana; 03-05-12 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-05-12, 11:36 AM

I could find no way to get a human on the 1-800-382-4527, so I ended up calling 1-920-521-4015. Is there no toll free number and set of options to reach a human at the DMC?
That number is for featured title responses. Customer service is 1-800-362-4587
Old 03-06-12, 09:59 AM

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Beauty and the Beast 3D is available for only 24.95. There's reports on blu-ray.com that it counts as a fulfillment as well.
Old 03-06-12, 11:52 PM

Could anyone who has already done the get a Blu-Ray for $10 for switching your preferred format from DVD to Blu-Ray offer at DMC tell me if 3D Blu-Rays are included?

When the lady offered it, she said any single movie (not boxed sets) would work and since I didn't know what I wanted to get that I'd have to call back to get this offer as it couldn't be done online. She also said there were no additional shipping costs... just $10 even. I didn't think to ask her if 3D Blu-Rays would count until after I hung up. It would help to know this as I need to browse their catalog this weekend and hope I can find something I want for $10 that I don't already have.
Old 03-07-12, 12:01 AM

Could anyone who has already done the get a Blu-Ray for $10 for switching your preferred format from DVD to Blu-Ray offer at DMC tell me if 3D Blu-Rays are included?

When the lady offered it, she said any single movie (not boxed sets) would work and since I didn't know what I wanted to get that I'd have to call back to get this offer as it couldn't be done online. She also said there were no additional shipping costs... just $10 even. I didn't think to ask her if 3D Blu-Rays would count until after I hung up. It would help to know this as I need to browse their catalog this weekend and hope I can find something I want for $10 that I don't already have.
It's any BD regularly priced 29.95 or less. I don't think any of the 3D titles are 29.95 or less, except for BatB, but I don't know if that would count, because it's on sale.

Also, I don't know if they changed it, but I've always been charged shipping when ordering a $10 Blu-Ray

Also, after you switch your prefered format, you should get the $10 blu offer under "Other Offers" on your account. Once you select that as your offer, all the the titles that are eligible, should show as priced at $10.
Old 03-07-12, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Galt
Beauty and the Beast 3D is available for only 24.95. There's reports on blu-ray.com that it counts as a fulfillment as well.
Worked for me, and the CSR verified that it wold count as a fulfillment. I tried to do in online, but it would only let me add 1 to my cart. So I opened 2 windows of feature title options before responding. In my cart it added the 2 amounts together, but only indicated "1". I called CS who made an order with 2 BATB 3D, along with 2 3D cards and fulfilled my account started 2 weeks ago!

Probably gonna sign up again when I get the 2 BATB, but will wait to fulfill. Disneys averaging just over 8 bucks is pretty good to me!
Old 03-08-12, 07:12 AM

Obi-Wan Jabroni, thanks for the info. I figured the $10 BD promo couldn't be "any single movie" set even though that's how the rep described it. Too bad the only 3D BD that qualifies is BATB which I already have on 3D. It looks like it's going to be a struggle for me to find a BD for $29.95 or less that I don't have, want, and think is worth $10.

Since you said they charged shipping, I bet the rep was also wrong about that and when I call back I'll have to pay shipping. Do you remember how much the shipping on it would be? Probably way too much. That'll make it even more difficult to find anything worth getting.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.