DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/571175-columbia-house-sale-offer-codes-part-vi.html)

BobO'Link 04-14-14 09:23 PM

Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 (Post 12074411)
As the saying goes, I "took one for the team" and found a title I was willing to buy with shipping. Tried using the code again on another order just to check and it said the code was "invalid". So I guess it is a single use only.

And I'll confirm that observation. After placing a order I got the "Coupon code "TaxDay10" is not valid" message when I attempted to use it again.

Just for kicks I tried it at SFBC - doesn't work. But it *does* work on my 2nd CH account... at least until I use it. :)

kenbenobi 04-15-14 03:35 PM

I'm assuming this coupon expires today... I only used it on one account so far. I better go back for the other two...

kenbenobi 04-15-14 04:55 PM

Decided to gamble on a few new 3D titles. Bought Nurse 3D, and Hellbenders 3D, for $7.96 each AC...

Cardsfan111 04-16-14 10:30 AM

I do believe the code has expired. I checked this morning and the code/banner were still on the home page. However, it's gone now and the code is registering "not valid".

g 04-16-14 04:08 PM

Thanks Kenbenobi. I only ordered yesterday because of your warning about it expiring. And I ordered Nurse 3D too. On my other accounts, I ordered Touch of Evil, Altered States, and Burlesque.
I thought it would be good for awhile. But you got me going on it or I would have missed out.

kenbenobi 04-16-14 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by g (Post 12079905)
Thanks Kenbenobi. I only ordered yesterday because of your warning about it expiring. And I ordered Nurse 3D too. On my other accounts, I ordered Touch of Evil, Altered States, and Burlesque.
I thought it would be good for awhile. But you got me going on it or I would have missed out.

Awesome, glad you used it to the max! I was just guessing, since it was called "TaxDay" and 4/15 was when taxes were due, so I figured that was the end. For once, I was right! Somebody please tell my wife that!

Sweet Baby James 04-16-14 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12079496)
I do believe the code has expired. I checked this morning and the code/banner were still on the home page. However, it's gone now and the code is registering "not valid".

Did you already use it? It's a one per account code. When I click on the $7.95 offer details, the taxday10 code is still listed. I have already used the code so I cannot see if it is still active.

darkdaze73 04-16-14 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 12080016)
Did you already use it? It's a one per account code. When I click on the $7.95 offer details, the taxday10 code is still listed. I have already used the code so I cannot see if it is still active.

I just tried it on one of my accounts that I have not used it on and it comes up as "invalid".

Cardsfan111 04-16-14 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 12080016)

Hadn't used it yet, and got the invalid message. I was a little sad. Had picked out a few $10-12 items that I was going to pick up. However, I mentioned it before, but I still have 1-2 outstanding items left from previous orders and small balance due amounts...I really need to get things cleared up before I make any more orders and confuse CH (and myself) even more. Hopefully the $10 code or something like it will appear again. I'm more confident about that than I used to be. :)

Sweet Baby James 04-16-14 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12080142)
Hopefully the $10 code or something like it will appear again. I'm more confident about that than I used to be. :)

I certainly hope so too. They just added some Hitchcock titles for $11.97 each. I would love to snag Vertigo and Rear Window for under $5 each.

Cardsfan111 04-16-14 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 12080150)
I certainly hope so too. They just added some Hitchcock titles for $11.97 each. I would love to snag Vertigo and Rear Window for under $5 each.

I noticed those. One of the titles I had planned to order with the $10 code was Psycho. I would have been thrilled to pick that up for less than $5 shipped.

Sweet Baby James 04-17-14 05:47 PM

All of my taxday orders shipped out today. Lightning fast for CH.:up:

That'sAllFolks 04-25-14 11:16 AM

I created a huge order of over 20 items 2 months ago and it never shipped. I facebooked CH and it seems their system can't handle large orders. He re-distributed the order to 3 separate orders so they would process. Hopefully he did it right since he only gave me the order #'s and not the contents. But that seems to be the reason for the limitation -- it's not just random.

Bill Needle 04-26-14 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 12075163)
Went ahead and ordered Touch of Evil Limited Edition - Blu-ray. It violates my stance on Columbia House pre-orders, but what the heck. It's just one title, how bad could it get?

10 days after release, still not shipped. It's one item! One item I tells ya'!

Sweet Baby James 04-26-14 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 12089399)
10 days after release, still not shipped. It's one item! One item I tells ya'!

Patience. I just got a hold on my credit card today for TOE and Double Indemnity. Should be in my hands in the next few days.:fc:

kenbenobi 05-01-14 11:50 AM

Received my TOE and DE yesterday...

kyle 05-01-14 02:57 PM

From their Facebook page:

Because I'm in a giving mood today, spend $19.95 or more and enter the code 'Ronin' at checkout and get a Blu-ray copy of the Robert DeNiro film absolutely FREE!

Featuring one of the greatest car chases in movie history, RONIN tells the story of covert mercenaries out to steal a top-secret briefcase.

Cardsfan111 05-02-14 08:18 AM

Just a FYI, but it looks like Columbia House has unveiled a new gimmick: http://www.moviemysterybox.com/

You get 5 titles for $20 (free shipping). The catch--you only know one of the titles you're getting. They change the deal every 24 hours.

For example, today shows the Lorax on DVD and is promoted as an animation box.

Tomorrow, you can already see the title shown will be a BD of The Fast & The Furious. If anyone is brave enough to take the plunge on this one, let us know how it turns out.

Bill Needle 05-02-14 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 12094390)
Received my TOE and DE yesterday...

I'm on the road so maybe my copy finally showed up. I haven't gotten any shipping notice or anything, and the order still says "processing" on the web site. Well, here's to hoping for small miracles.

Bill Needle 05-06-14 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 12095212)
I'm on the road so maybe my copy finally showed up. I haven't gotten any shipping notice or anything, and the order still says "processing" on the web site. Well, here's to hoping for small miracles.

Nope, nothing. Three weeks after the release date of a title I pre-ordered and it is still not even shipped yet. I am so shocked.

Cardsfan111 05-09-14 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12095149)
Just a FYI, but it looks like Columbia House has unveiled a new gimmick: http://www.moviemysterybox.com/

You get 5 titles for $20 (free shipping). The catch--you only know one of the titles you're getting. They change the deal every 24 hours.

For example, today shows the Lorax on DVD and is promoted as an animation box.

Tomorrow, you can already see the title shown will be a BD of The Fast & The Furious. If anyone is brave enough to take the plunge on this one, let us know how it turns out.

Perhaps someone is interested in the mystery box today, since you know it's 5 BDs for $20 and there's a hint on FB concerning the contents:

If you only buy one Mystery Box (I mean, you should buy them all but if you only want one) today is the day!

The featured title is Inception on Blu-ray plus you get 4 other amazing Sci-Fi Blu-rays.

What are they? I can't give you the titles, but here are some hints: One is an Oscar nominee for Best Picture. Two are from hugely popular Sci-Fi film franchises. And the last one is from a critically acclaimed Sci-Fi director. Seriously, none of these are bad films, and they're all on Blu-ray.

kyle 05-09-14 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12101700)
Perhaps someone is interested in the mystery box today, since you know it's 5 BDs for $20 and there's a hint on FB concerning the contents:

If you only buy one Mystery Box (I mean, you should buy them all but if you only want one) today is the day!

The featured title is Inception on Blu-ray plus you get 4 other amazing Sci-Fi Blu-rays.

What are they? I can't give you the titles, but here are some hints: One is an Oscar nominee for Best Picture. Two are from hugely popular Sci-Fi film franchises. And the last one is from a critically acclaimed Sci-Fi director. Seriously, none of these are bad films, and they're all on Blu-ray.

I'm guessing based on the clue on the site: "alien and exiled in Africa" that one of them is "District 9".

kenbenobi 05-24-14 08:18 AM

I got a $10 off coupon (no minimum) for SFBC, but unfortunately it doesn't work at CH. 10FORU

Sweet Baby James 05-28-14 08:15 AM

CH is currently running a buy 2 Blu-rays, get 1 free plus free shipping promotion.

kyle 05-28-14 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 12119422)
CH is currently running a buy 2 Blu-rays, get 1 free plus free shipping promotion.

Thanks--I kept checking all weekend and had given up on them adding Free Shipping--time to pull the trigger on my 47 Ronin 3D, Pompeii 3D & Lego Movie 3D order for $57.54