Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Refund Issue (Likely new site related)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-10, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Refund Issue (Likely new site related)

So, I had a defective blu-ray (Coraline) that I had ordered from CH a couple months ago. They were nice enough to send out a replacement and said they would give me credit for the original. I received the replacement, but there was never a credit posted to my account.

Here is where things get weird. I called today and it turns out they refunded the credit to a card which had not been used on their site (or at all as it was canceled) in over a year. A completely different card was used to place this order and all other recent orders with them. Somehow their system got screwed up so that it shows incorrect payment methods for orders with all my payments coming from this long cancelled card.

So be very careful if you are getting a refund and have used multiple cards with them in the past. It is possible they will have refunded to the older card. Just a word of warning.
Old 02-08-10, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Refund Issue (Likely new site related)

^ They did that to me once before with the old site. I had a disc that was damaged when it arrived and they said they would send out a new one (charged me for it - just shipping since it was a FunCash Order) and then refunded me the same amount.

The thing was, they refunded a credit card I had used on the site years before (and deleted from my account). They were like "we refunded the card you used ... as MasterCard ending in XXXX"). Unfortunately, I had NEVER used a MasterCard on their site, nor did I have a MasterCard, Visa, or any other card ending in the digits they provided.

I wrote again and they were like "It has come to our attention that previous information you received was incorrect. We apologize. We refunded the amount of $X.XX to VISA ending XXXX." That was the card that I had not used on the site for (literally) years. Then, they had automatically charged a DIFFERENT card for the replacement disc's shipping.

The best part was, my default billing method was BILL ME (I only ever allowed them to charge individual orders, never keep my card for future billing). So, I flipped again and told them to REVERSE the credit card charge and BILL MY ACCOUNT and after I confirmed that the ancient card has received a refund, I would make a one-time payment to pay off the $3.17.

Anyway .. sorry, rant. I don't think the issue is new-site related, so much as poor CSR related.
Old 02-08-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Refund Issue (Likely new site related)

Could be true from what you say. Very odd that their system would be this spotty. I have also always used Bill Me.