DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

B1G1 on Blu-Rays

Old 09-15-08, 08:36 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 485
B1G1 on Blu-Rays

Thought this deserved its own thread. Site-wide B1G1 on Blu-Rays. Can anyone find a code to stack with this? Could really use a free shipping or 10% off code...
Copper Blue is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 09:49 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Kicker_of_Elves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: High above the Mucky Muck
Posts: 5,054
Whoo Hoo!
Kicker_of_Elves is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 11:08 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
I went ahead and placed an order for Transformers and Iron Man since even with shipping and tax it's cheaper than I'd be able to get them anywhere else, including in a 20% off deal at DD or DVDPlanet, or other such things.

I may hold off on placing any other orders in hopes of a free shipping code though.

Here I am with almost $1k in DVDPlanet credit and I'm still buying stuff just because it's technically "less" in terms of cost, credit not included.
Brent L is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 11:40 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: WV
Posts: 3,178
A code would have been better, but I went ahead and ordered The Fall and Iron Man for $34.94.
fryinpan1 is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 12:40 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 89
Picked up Iron Man and Transformers. Thanks for the heads up OP.
shadow32 is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 12:46 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 446
just saw this too, any idea how long this is good for? I gotta wait until Wednesday for payday or not eat until then haha
Cedrock is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 02:26 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Overpar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,330
Originally Posted by Cedrock View Post
just saw this too, any idea how long this is good for? I gotta wait until Wednesday for payday or not eat until then haha
25th.
Overpar is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 02:32 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,658
I can't decide on whether or not to place an order. Is $17.87 a good average on a bunch of Blu-ray's I want (three of which are Pre-Order must have titles)? I mean - it's the lowest prices I've seen for any of these titles yet (with one exception on a title I could get used for around $15). I dunno what to do though. I've been averaging out at $11.50 a Blu-ray (and good titles, too) so this seems like a bit much compared to usual. I want to place an order though...

Darn you Columbia House! Where's the free shipping when you need it?
GenPion is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 03:05 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
SoSpacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Jersey
Posts: 4,238
So if i dont have a membership and want to join....

Is BluRay membership a separate membership or does it fall under the same DVD club membership?

Can BluRay be used for enrollment titles?
SoSpacey is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 03:08 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,236
Originally Posted by SoSpacey View Post
So if i dont have a membership and want to join....

Is BluRay membership a separate membership or does it fall under the same DVD club membership?

Can BluRay be used for enrollment titles?
Falls under a regular membership.
BR titles can not be had for enrollments.
SMART-ASS is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 03:08 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,236
Originally Posted by Overpar View Post
25th.
How do you know that???
SMART-ASS is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 03:12 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
SoSpacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Jersey
Posts: 4,238
Originally Posted by SMART-ASS View Post
Falls under a regular membership.
BR titles can not be had for enrollments.
thanks. so i would have to try and find 7 non-HD movies i want.
SoSpacey is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 03:21 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 485
Originally Posted by SMART-ASS View Post
How do you know that???
After you click the banner it says so at the bottom of the page. The strange thing is that sometimes the expiration date says 9/25 and sometimes 9/27. Either way, you'd have to think a free shipping code will pop up within the next 10 days...
Copper Blue is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 03:25 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
^

It also states the 25th as the expiration in my email-


Please click here if you are having trouble viewing this message.


Blu-ray™ Sale: Buy 1, Get 1 FREE! - Shop Now!
New Releases•Upcoming Releases•Bestsellers•Features•TV on DVD




Hurry! This special offer ends September 25, 2008 at 11:59 pm EST. Upcoming Blu-Ray Releases and Blu-Ray Boxed Sets can act as your qualifier, but can not go as your FREE selection. This offer is not valid on games, merchandise or standard DVD products. A shipping and handling charge will be added to each title.

Your Director's Selection, Upcoming Releases, Sets and other specially priced items are not eligible as free or sale items under your current offer.

Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 03:28 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Overpar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,330
Originally Posted by SMART-ASS View Post
How do you know that???
It was in the e-mail that I got.
Overpar is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 03:35 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,236
thanks guys. that's good news. will wait for (hopefully) a free shipping code/offer.
SMART-ASS is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 03:51 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Overpar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,330
Originally Posted by Overpar View Post
It was in the e-mail that I got.
Website says now that it ends the 27th.
Overpar is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 03:51 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 627
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
I can't decide on whether or not to place an order. Is $17.87 a good average on a bunch of Blu-ray's I want (three of which are Pre-Order must have titles)? I mean - it's the lowest prices I've seen for any of these titles yet (with one exception on a title I could get used for around $15). I dunno what to do though. I've been averaging out at $11.50 a Blu-ray (and good titles, too) so this seems like a bit much compared to usual. I want to place an order though...

Darn you Columbia House! Where's the free shipping when you need it?

I didn't mind buy 2 (for an average of $17+ each) because it knocked out one of my fulfillments. I'll probably hold out for free shipping before I make my next order and the B1G1F dies.
SPRBD is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 04:22 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
Originally Posted by SMART-ASS View Post
BR titles can not be had for enrollments.

Unless things changed, they can be picked for enrollment using a code you give when you call in. There should be a thread around here somewhere with all of the information.
Brent L is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 07:46 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,236
Originally Posted by Brent L View Post
Unless things changed, they can be picked for enrollment using a code you give when you call in. There should be a thread around here somewhere with all of the information.
Well ya, I actually started that thread. ...but the overall "deal" from that membership is not very good, and who knows if the code even still works.
SMART-ASS is offline  
Old 09-15-08, 08:12 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 389
Free shipping code will sell me on this - hopefully something pops up
Pookymeister is offline  
Old 09-16-08, 01:28 AM
  #22  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 736
Originally Posted by SMART-ASS View Post
Well ya, I actually started that thread. ...but the overall "deal" from that membership is not very good, and who knows if the code even still works.
Yes the Blu Ray code still works. It is BLW you have to call in too. I got it 3 blu rays for $4.99 and 3 more in 2 years. This bogo will take care of that easily.
wormraper is offline  
Old 09-16-08, 08:13 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 485
A bunch of good titles added just in time for this, including Shawshank, 1408 and The Mist. Man where is that free shipping code!?!?!?!
Copper Blue is offline  
Old 09-16-08, 08:18 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Originally Posted by Copper Blue View Post
A bunch of good titles added just in time for this, including Shawshank, 1408 and The Mist. Man where is that free shipping code!?!?!?!
Thanks for the heads-up on the new titles. Oh jester, won't you fetch me a free shipping code?
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 09-16-08, 08:28 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
I just threw Speed Racer and The Mist in my cart and The Mist was free despite being a pre-order. I'm tempted to grab this duo at $35. Come on CH, make with a free shipping code.
Sweet Baby James is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.