Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Coming Soon...The All-New Columbia House.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-08, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobaray
Was going to take your advice, but just received an e-mail from them saying that my order was shipped. Really strange.... at the bottom of the e-mail Columbia House stated that although my invoice would show $119.76, I should ignore this; the amount that I would be charged would be $35.44!!

Just checked my Columbia House account and I now have -$4.00 in funcash! It also shows that I owe $35.44 (even though I have a credit card on file). The new site doesn't seem to show a list of charges to my credit card like the old site did.
What a mess. My account shows two duplicate orders, each for $119.76 and a balance due of $35.44. My online credit card statement shows that they charged my card $119.76. I guess I will be receiving two identical shipments; one I have already been charged for ($119.76) and the other I owe $35.44 for (and paid double fun cash for). Guess I better call customer service. I don't know whether I should send back both shipments unopened (I won't know which one is the $35.44 one).
Old 06-24-08, 03:24 AM

now that i can finally get logged into my account i've had 2 very odd things happen---

first, i keep getting a message that my gmail address that i've been using for 2 years or so is undeliverable and can't be accepted

second,when trying to make a payment with my credit card it says my address that i have lived at for over 2 years is incorrect no matter what way i enter,including exactly how it's listed on my credit card account

the new site has been nothing but trouble (count me among those who have had all my old accts reactivated again) and once i'm able to fulfill my obligation and hopefully pay my account off i'm done until they work out all the kinks

now,if i can only find a ph# to contact cust service to clear up my credit card issue....
Old 06-24-08, 04:30 AM

I had the same thing happen with my gmail account and credit card billing info.

For the email I fixed it by just entering it again.

For the billing address I had to change my city to the nearest major city.
Old 06-24-08, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by FrehleyCat
I had the same thing happen with my gmail account and credit card billing info.

For the email I fixed it by just entering it again.

For the billing address I had to change my city to the nearest major city.
it would never take my gmail address so i just entered my roadrunner email and it seemed to work--it's forwarded to my gmail acct anyway

as far as payment i just called and paid over the phone--i don't know if it had anything to do with me using my Discover card but otp worked just fine

i WAS able to place an order using a b1g1 free code so i was happy about that
Old 07-06-08, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This new site sucks, you can't browse upcoming releases by date anymore?
Old 07-06-08, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ Not that I can see. But the new "Upcoming Releases" list has some advantages for me: It splits TV from movie DVDs and it allows a listing of 100 at a time, a big convenience. They also have been placing new additions at the end of the list, although that could change. I find the new format easier to use.