Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Coming Soon...The All-New Columbia House.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-08, 11:26 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're probably just testing the waters out little by little...
Old 06-01-08, 06:38 PM
Cool New Member

Images from the new ColumbiaHouse.com site

For the members that don't have access to the NEW ColumbiaHouse.com website yet, I am inserting 5 images to give you an idea. I hope I am allowed to put these photos here, and if I am not, let me know asap.

New CH homepage

New CH OnlineCode box

New CH MyAccount page

New CH FunCash page

New CH Cart page
Old 06-01-08, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Has a "message" section now. I wonder if this is just for CH to email you or if it's an email address. also has an address book.

I don't see where they have a code entry field unless you have to click under "details" like you did before.
Old 06-01-08, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So are there really 200 new genres?
Old 06-01-08, 07:49 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by movieguru
Has a "message" section now. I wonder if this is just for CH to email you or if it's an email address.
New CH MyMessages page

It looks as though it is just for internal CH messages (NOT email) to the member, as you can see in the pic above. I even see no way of opening/deleting/saving/etc. of a particular message. Maybe they automatically delete after 30 days or such.

also has an address book.
The Address Book is the same as before, same functions, just looks a little different.

I don't see where they have a code entry field unless you have to click under "details" like you did before.
When you click on the sale banner/details, a pop-up window appears over the page you are currently viewing, and it's titled "Your Offer Details". There is no "Enter Your Online Code" box like the old page (even on the main page itself either), but if you click on the "Looking for the Offer in Your Mailing?" link at the top of that pop-up window, the window decreases in size. It's still titled "Your Offer Details". It then says "Get the same great savings from your catalog by entering your online code below:" It has a box below that and then a "Submit" button below the box. You can see this in the New CH OnlineCode box pic (the 2nd one down) in my previous post.

This is the only way I have found so far to input an online code.
Old 06-01-08, 08:50 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
So are there really 200 new genres?
NEW is the key word here, lol. They are really just sub-genres. But should make navigation much easier. I count a total of 24 Movie Genres, with 191 total sub-Genres (not including the Television Genre and its 23 sub-Genres).

Movies

Action/Adventure: Adventure, Buddy, Classic <1970, Comedy, Crime, Espionage, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Sci-Fi, Super Heroes, Television, Thriller, True Story, War, and Western

Anime: Kids, and Teens+

Cine Latino: Comedy, and Drama

Classics: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Family, Film Noir, Horror, Musicals, Romance, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Silent Films, Suspense/Thriller/Mystery, War, and Western

Comedy: Action/Adventure, Animated, British Comedy, Buddy, Classic <1970, Crime, Dark Comedies, Ensemble, Outrageous, Romantic Comedy, Satire, Sitcoms-TV, Slapstick, Sports Movies, and Urban

Documentaries: African American, Animals, Arts, Biography/Personality, Entertainment, Feature Movies, History, Nature, Political, Religion, Space, Sports, Television, War, and War: WW2

Drama: British Drama, Classic <1970, Crime, Ensemble, Period Piece, Police Detective Drama, Political, Romantic Drama, Sports Movies, Suspense/Mystery, Television, Thriller, True Story, Urban, and War

Epics: Action, Classic <1970, Drama, and War

Family: Action/Adventure, Animal, Animated-Kids, Anime-Kids, Children, Classic <1970, Comedy, Drama, Educational, Fantasy, Inspirational, Romance, and Television

Fitness: Cardio, Dance, Pilates, Tae Bo/Martial Arts, and Yoga

Horror: Classic <1970, Cult, Occult, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Slashers, Suspense, Television, Thriller, Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies

How To/Instructional: Cooking, Crafts/Decorating, Dance, Educational, Fitness, and Foreign Language

Independent: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Documentary Movies, Drama, Family, Gay/Lesbian, Horror, Suspense/Thriller/Mystery, and Urban

Inspirational: Documentaries, Drama, Family Friendly, and Spiritual

International: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Romance, and Suspense/Thriller/Mystery

Live Performance/Music: Compilations, Music, and Stand Up

Musicals: Broadway/MusicalTheatre, Classic Musical <1970, Modern Musical ≥1970, Music Biopic, and Music in Movies

Romance: Classic <1970, Romantic Comedy, and Romantic Drama

Sci-Fi/Fantasy: Aliens, Classic <1970, Cult, Fantasy, Futuristic, Horror, Space, Super Heroes, Television, and Time Travel

Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Biographies, Boxing, Extreme, Football, Golf, Hockey, Motorsports, Sport Movies, Surfing, True Story, and Wrestling

Suspense/Thriller/Mystery: Classic <1970, Film Noir, Mystery, Political, Psychological Thriller, Television, and Thriller

Urban: Action, Comedy, and Drama

War: Anti-War, Civil War, Classic <1970, Documentaries, Korean War, Television, True Story, Vietnam War, WW1, and WW2

Western: Classic <1970, Television, and True Story

Television

Television: Action/Adventure, Adult Swim™, Animated, Anime, British, Cartoon Network™, Comedy, Crime, Documentaries, Drama, Family, How To, Inspirational, Made for TV Movies, Miniseries, Reality, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Sports, Super Heroes, Suspense/Thriller/Mystery, Variety, War, and Western

On several of these Main Genres, there is a "View All Genres" link, but when clicked, I get a blank page with "The process did not complete, please try again later." error at the top of the browser window.
Old 06-02-08, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, I had the new version this morning. Maybe I'm missing it, but can you no longer browse the pre-orders by release date? Because that really sucks.
Old 06-02-08, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Ok, I had the new version this morning. Maybe I'm missing it, but can you no longer browse the pre-orders by release date? Because that really sucks.
That was the first thing I noticed as well.
Old 06-02-08, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
On further review, they did add some other sort options (price, A-Z, most recent) and you can see up to 100 titles per page, which is enough to see them all (movie or TV) without having to scroll through a bunch of screens. If they simply add a sort by release date the new page would be clearly superior to the old.

Overall I would say the new site is a huge improvement over the old.
Old 06-02-08, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still on the old version. They must be rolling it out region by region or something.
Old 06-02-08, 12:35 PM
Cool New Member

I just got the new site as well, I just logged in so I am going to start playing around with it now!
Old 06-02-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
On further review, they did add some other sort options (price, A-Z, most recent) and you can see up to 100 titles per page, which is enough to see them all (movie or TV) without having to scroll through a bunch of screens. If they simply add a sort by release date the new page would be clearly superior to the old.

Overall I would say the new site is a huge improvement over the old.

Sorting by price will be great (as long as the codes still work).
Old 06-02-08, 12:44 PM
Suspended

what page do you guys get if you use this link?

http://www.columbiahouse.com/sa/ch/homepage.jsp

I don't think I have seen the new page yet..... maybe I have, its been months since I used CH.
Old 06-02-08, 12:44 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings

I don't think I have seen the new page yet..... maybe I have, its been months since I used CH.
I still get the new one..
Old 06-02-08, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings

I still get the old one.
Old 06-02-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

two of my accounts get the new, one gets the old.
Old 06-02-08, 10:00 PM

still on the old site here no matter what i try...
Old 06-03-08, 08:45 AM

I just got the new site today after signing in, I had no trouble at all finding the box that allows you to enter your savings code. Just click on "details" that is located next to the current offer and click on "Looking for the Offer In Your Mailing?" and it brings up that box to type in the code.
Old 06-03-08, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I finally have the new one.
Old 06-03-08, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ditto, finally got the new site today.
Old 06-05-08, 01:30 PM

Did anyone else notice a box on the checkout page where you can enter a "Promotion Code" (just below the subtotal line)

Details say "If you have received a special promotion code from ColumbiaHouse, enter it here to receive your applicable discount."

Could this be different/distinct from the "Online Code" or do you think it is the same thing? Did the old site have this? If so I don't remember it.
Old 06-06-08, 09:33 PM

So I signed in to an account I recently canceled and it looks to no longer be canceled. I went to the help screen and clicked on the option for "Canceling Your Membership" and the screen says this (those x's are theirs, not mine):

Membership/Account Information: Canceling Your Membership

IC

After you've fulfilled the purchase commitment you agreed to at enrollment, you can cancel your membership at any time. Our records indicate that you have not yet fulfilled your purchase commitment of X DVDs. You currently have X DVDs to purchase at regular Club price by xx/xx/xxxx. (This may not reflect recent orders or orders that have not shipped.)

OC

(OC members will be A/B split into two groups - one group will be directed to the new SAM tool online and the other half will be directed to call customer service to cancel their membership)

(Members seeing SAM Online)

Now that you have fulfilled your purchase commitment, you can cancel your membership at any time. If you would like to cancel, click here.

(Members directed to call customer service)

Now that you have fulfilled your purchase commitment, you can cancel your membership at any time. Please contact Customer Service online via Contact Us form.
Old 06-06-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It seems the enrollments show up in your order history now. And for some reason the 3 freebies from the blu ray glitch show up as enrollments.
Old 06-07-08, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
^I had a replacement disk (defective original) which had originally been a freebie show up as an "enrollment" title. It, too, had not been listed on the old site even though it had been shipped.
Old 06-07-08, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by avoiceoreason
Did anyone else notice a box on the checkout page where you can enter a "Promotion Code" (just below the subtotal line)

Details say "If you have received a special promotion code from ColumbiaHouse, enter it here to receive your applicable discount."
Yes, after looking for where you would enter a code I finally found this *after* putting something in my cart! Putting something in your cart is also the only way I've found to see the "deal of the day" and other "offers" that used to show up automatically.

Could this be different/distinct from the "Online Code" or do you think it is the same thing? Did the old site have this? If so I don't remember it.
I think it's the same as before, just moved to a more convenient location. The old site had this on the "home" and offer "details" pages.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.