DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

E-mails when order(s) shipped

Old 12-27-07, 07:57 PM

E-mails when order(s) shipped

I've noticed that some others are posting that they get e-mails when their orders ship. I've never received any such e-mails. How do I change that?
Old 12-27-07, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I get emails but I usually get them the same day I receive the package.
My email says your order has recently shipped and I think to myself NO SHIT SHERLOCK.
Old 12-27-07, 09:42 PM

Check your spam folder?
Old 12-27-07, 10:45 PM

Nothing there. My CH home page says my order shipped on 12/26/07, so if there was something in my "screened mail" folder, it would be in there today, right? Anyway, if you're getting your e-mails late, then I'll be getting mine late also.
Old 12-27-07, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Shipping emails from Columbia House are completely useless so I wouldn't worry about not getting them. Like bigjim, mine usually show up the day the item does, or even several days after the item. Of course, that's only the ones I actually get, probably half my orders I never even get a shipping email.
Old 12-27-07, 11:40 PM

One way to ensure you're getting emails from Columbia House is to make sure you've added the email address to your address book. Your email program will know for sure it's not spam. Here's a couple I have: [email protected] and [email protected]. I've also received emails from [email protected] and [email protected] but these were under certain circumstances.

Also, log on to your Columbia House account, go to ACCOUNT and check under Personal Information to make sure they have YOUR email address and it's correct.

Like smashthesymbols and the others, I don't always seem to get email shipping notification.
Old 12-28-07, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess this is a big YMMV, because I can honestly say I've received a shipment notification for every single order I have ever placed with Columbia House, in about 20 accounts. I don't live in the US, but I have my DVDs shipped to my family's home address in the U.S., and I use the "Your order has shipped!" notifications to track what Columbia House says they've shipped, and to let my family know what to imminently expect. It has been 100% correct for about 5 years; I have never even received a single mistaken item.

In fact, about a half dozen times, I received duplicate emails, and was worried that I would receive duplicate shipments, but that didn't happen.

The emails have ALMOST always come before the DVDs arrived. Sometimes the date on the invoice in the shipping notification is up to three days earlier than the date of the email, but I never paid attention to why, and just assumed it has been because of a weekend or a holiday, combined with the fact that I'm on the other side of the international dateline, so Columbia House is living in yesterday compared to me.
Old 12-28-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One more thing I'll add: under the "Your Account" section you should make sure that you have selected e-mail as your mailing preference. If you have "postal mail" selected it is possible that Columbia House won't send out shipping notices.
Old 01-07-08, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

lately i have been getting emails after i have already received the product. in fact with my most recent fun cash order, i already have been chargred, have already received the discs yet have received no email and the web-site still says pending.
Old 01-07-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My track record is about 50/50. I just placed 2 orders, 1 each on different accounts. On one I got a shipping notice and the other I did not. Both "deliver" to the same email account.

I always pre-pay with a CC and go by the "Last payment made on" information in the "Order History" on my account to determine shipping date. So far, they have never done a charge until an item has shipped and the email notices I've received have all indated they shipped on the date the charge was posted on my CH account.