DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Zodiac 2-disc DC?

Old 01-08-08, 01:58 PM

Zodiac 2-disc DC?

OK, so I was hoping the Zodiac 2-disc director's cut would appear on the Columbia House site today, but it didn't. So I was about to head to Best Buy to pick it up but then I remembered something: Columbia House didn't immediately get the 2-disc Flags of Our Fathers (also a Paramount title), I shelled out $22.95 for it, and then CH got it a couple of weeks later and I was P.O.'ed.

So anyway, do any of you Columbia House vets think the same thing will happen with Zodiac? Think I should wait?
Old 01-08-08, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm going to wait it out. I'm thinking it will show up (possibly on their pre-order list) in a few weeks.
Old 01-08-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was bummed too, I'm also waiting for it. So, I stopped by FYE on the way home to see if they had it on sale, cause I had a $22 GC from xmas burning a hole in pocket, but it's $32.99 or something like that, HA!
And my birthday is coming up at the end of the month, so I think I'll just ask for it.

But, I think CH will add it eventually.
Old 01-08-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think there's a good chance this one shows up within a month or so. If you're not in too big of a hurry to see the Director's Cut I'd give them some time.
Old 01-09-08, 09:52 AM

Right on. I've seen the barebones disc, and with my massive unwatched movie pile I'm sure I can stay busy until it hits Columbia House. I just want it really bad because it's already a early contender for one of the best DVDs of the year.