DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Kubrick and Blade Runner

Old 10-11-07, 03:14 PM

Kubrick and Blade Runner

Any idea if CH is going to offer either the new Stanley Kubrick Collection boxed set (streets on 10/23) and/or the individual titles in that collection (ie, The Shining 2 disc edition)? The only ones listed I see are The Shining and 2001, both on HD or BD only (!) These are Warner titles--I know CH has been doing funny things with MGM titles (like not offering the new 40th anniversary edition of The Graduate or the 2 disc editions of Fistful of Dollars/For a Few Dollars More), but why the holdup on these Warner titles?

For that matter, why are they not offering the 4-disc edition of Blade Runner? I don't want the bare bones 2 disc version, and I don't want to overspend for the suitcase boxed set edition.
Old 10-12-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've resigned myself to ordering elsewhere... Makes no sense but then again, there is no CH logic.
Old 10-22-07, 12:57 PM

I pre ordered both the blu ray kubrick titles showing available from CH (2001 & shining)... will report back when (if) they ship!

I too wondered why Eyes Wide Shut, new issue of Full Metal Jacket, and Clockwork Orange don't show as available!