Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Anyone bought an HD title from Columbia House and.........

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-07, 10:13 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had it shipped yet? I ordered Blood Diamond Blu-Ray and got Robocop steelbook as part of a b1g1 deal. Week later and it still hasn't shipped. Anyone? Thanks
Old 09-11-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I received the HD Combo of 300 a month ago. It shipped out on the day of release and I received it a few days later.
Old 09-17-07, 01:06 AM

I'm still waiting for Blades of Glory, 300, on Blu-ray. In fact, I don't think they have sent me any of my Blu-ray titles yet. What gives?
(Hope you meant HD=high definition, not HD=HD DVD only) If I'm wrong, just delete my post.
Old 09-17-07, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You'll be waiting quite a while for Blades of Glory on Blu-ray.
Old 09-17-07, 02:50 AM

How come? Didn't it get released? I swear I ordered it...
Old 09-17-07, 03:02 AM
Banned

Paramount signed an HD-DVD-exclusive deal (minimum of 18 months, I think?) and immediately pulled all their upcoming Blu-Ray titles.
Old 09-17-07, 05:22 AM

Oh. (frowny face)
I didn't read that, I am sure there's a thread.... dang.
Guess I have to watch the 'normal' version. I know, it's SD to you!
Thanks for the information, I wish CH had said something, as far as I was aware, it's still coming.
Old 09-17-07, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I posted a thread a few weeks back asking the same question. I ordered two copies of Bourne Supremacy HD-DVD (two seperate orders -- one through CH.com and one through the main site with 40-Year-Old Virgin 2-disc as a freebie). The one from ch.com has showed up and the other is awaiting new stock. They also already shipped me the freebie disc. But CH is definitely not at the top of their game with HD yet.
Old 10-03-07, 12:49 AM

I still haven't received my 300 Blu-ray disc that I pre-ordered when they offered buy this today and save 10%.
In fact, I ordered a couple extra copies of 300 2-disc and they haven't shipped either.
Very disappointed in how they are handling this!
Old 10-03-07, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I successfully ordered Sleepy Hollow HD-DVD and it arrived after a longer than usual wait. But, I have since pre-ordered Top Gun (released 10/2) and 2001 during the B1G1 sale and the 2 freebies are stuck on "awaiting credit approval" and the HD-DVDs are both showing "Pre-Order." Not sure what gives about the "credit approval" crap though, they never even tried putting a hold on the account to check it yet.
Old 10-03-07, 07:52 AM

I ordered The Mummy and The Mummy returns during the B1G1 sale, they shipped a few days ago as well as my freebies. Haven't had an issue yet in regards to HD-DVDS.
Old 10-03-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
I successfully ordered Sleepy Hollow HD-DVD and it arrived after a longer than usual wait. But, I have since pre-ordered Top Gun (released 10/2) and 2001 during the B1G1 sale and the 2 freebies are stuck on "awaiting credit approval" and the HD-DVDs are both showing "Pre-Order." Not sure what gives about the "credit approval" crap though, they never even tried putting a hold on the account to check it yet.
You are taking "awaiting credit approval" too literally. As has been mentioned by others, it is just CH-speak for orders on hold for one reason or another — in this case because they are pre-orders. Columbia House isn't like e-tailers such as Amazon who have efficiently updated account details. With CH it is not unusual to receive a DVD before one's account history even shows it as shipped.

Last edited by lizard; 10-03-07 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-03-07, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by mazzystar
I ordered The Mummy and The Mummy returns during the B1G1 sale, they shipped a few days ago as well as my freebies. Haven't had an issue yet in regards to HD-DVDS.
Well, I got the movies today ^^^^ but instead of the mummy i got the mummy returns so i have two copies of the mummy returns. What usually happens when they send the wrong movie?
Old 10-04-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lizard
You are taking "awaiting credit approval" too literally. As has been mentioned by others, it is just CH-speak for orders on hold for one reason or another — in this case because they are pre-orders. Columbia House isn't like e-tailers such as Amazon who have efficiently updated account details. With CH it is not unusual to receive a DVD before one's account history even shows it as shipped.
Thanks for the clarification, Top Gun and my two SD-DVD freebies are now listed as "Pending" (I believe this is the step before "Shipped")
Old 10-05-07, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mazzystar
Well, I got the movies today ^^^^ but instead of the mummy i got the mummy returns so i have two copies of the mummy returns. What usually happens when they send the wrong movie?
With regular DVDs they would likely tell you to toss the wrong one and just send the correct one. With HD titles I would guess that they will send a return label so that you can return the incorrect one.

These sort of mistakes are not uncommon. Don't hesitate to get Columbia House to correct the error.

I prefer to do this by phone but if you have trouble getting through, you could try e-mail: [email protected] Be sure to include your name and account number and be clear as to what the error was (use selection numbers). If you get a useless canned response, try replying to that. Reports suggest that such replies get answered by a live person.
Old 10-05-07, 01:57 PM

I received an email about it, and they want to send a return label, so i have to mail it back, and wait for a replacement. sucks because i was all ready to cancel and open another account so i'll have to wait. All good though, just happy to be getting some more movies!
Old 10-05-07, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Ah, yes! The days of cycling accounts as quickly as possible in case the CH gravy train goes away... Many of us have been there!
Old 10-21-07, 12:51 AM

I still never received my '300' Blu-ray disc, or any others either. The order is still pending, awaiting stock, along with my copies of the 2 disc '300' as well. *Sigh*
Old 10-23-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Craig
I still never received my '300' Blu-ray disc, or any others either. The order is still pending, awaiting stock, along with my copies of the 2 disc '300' as well. *Sigh*
Call customer service