Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-07, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys. I've always heard that two is the limit per DVD per person, but I'm not sure they should count if they aren't shipping. I'm going to think about it a bit more, but I may gamble and place that one last order for three more free titles. There's still one more of the high priced, non-enrollment titles I want to get. I suppose if I do get blacklisted it's no big deal since I have a new address that has no accounts, I could just start over there with new accounts.

Last edited by smashthesymbols; 10-16-07 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-16-07, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again I do not know the policy of if the movie does not ship did you order it, i do know all my items except three pre orders have shipped, the last one says pending but the email i got says item shipped. I would not make another purchase if you can not afford to get rid of the account. I also have various address as well.
Old 10-16-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by corysontag
Again I do not know the policy of if the movie does not ship did you order it, i do know all my items except three pre orders have shipped, the last one says pending but the email i got says item shipped. I would not make another purchase if you can not afford to get rid of the account. I also have various address as well.
I'm gonna go for it. If they're shipping yours and you ordered three of one title I should be safe. I'm sure not going for another after this though, this is it for me. I'd prefer not to be blacklisted at this address even though new ones are no problem at all.
Old 10-16-07, 11:23 PM

good luck my freind, I am kicking around ordering another one just to see how far I can push
Old 10-16-07, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've ordered 4 of each title with no problems and just got shipping notification for the 5th.
Old 10-17-07, 12:21 AM

Sorta have you been doing pre-orders if so are you waiting for pre-orders to ship?
Old 10-17-07, 12:59 AM
Cool New Member

In regards to my previous post, the second order was dropped this morning and only the free two titles remain with pending status as corysontag said would happen. I'm assuming that I'll be receiving a shipping notification within the next few days.

After these two titles come, I'm tempted to try this glitch one more time.
Old 10-17-07, 01:05 AM

A number of my titles shipped before I got the email saying they shipped. I can only assume that if the title does not ship it is not ordered, I previous poster said he has used it 5 times, I tried another one and looks good.

On a side note someone try MI3 bluray already
Old 10-17-07, 01:05 AM
Suspended

Both of my orders(one from the 8th and one from the 10th)were showing pending and ****.Now,that has been replaced with an order number and $59.98 for each order.According to the site,the only order that has shipped yet is enrollment package,which I received last week.
Still not sure what the hell is going on.
Old 10-17-07, 01:06 AM

Takes a minute for orders to ship, the blurays will drop and the free titles will ship
Old 10-17-07, 02:30 AM
Suspended

Okay,thanks for the explanation.Guess i might as well try a 3rd time and snag some Criterions,even though they don't have Man Who Fell To Earth(just the Anchor Bay one) or Haxan.Oh,why the $%*# am I complaining?Free is free!
Old 10-17-07, 02:55 AM
Suspended

My 2 orders from last week say"awaiting credit approval".
So,does this mean since I do not have a credit card on file,they won't send me anything?
If Disturbia and Dreamgirls are going to"fall off"and my invoice will show a total of $0.00,why would they bother with a credit card for these particular orders?
I sent payment(for my enrollment selections) by money order yesterday.When this is received,is it possible "awaiting credit approval" will dissapear?
I don't want to bother with a credit card and it would be a but tricky since I was blacklisted once before.I might have to get a prepaid credit card and use my Aunts address(where my CH DVDs are delivered).
But,if I do that I would rather not have to put over $120 on it.But like I mentioned,these should really only cost me $0.00.
If I do place a CC on file with them and have only 10-15 bucks on it..well I don't know what they'll do.I just get the feeling that this is going to result in both orders being cancelled and I will receive 0 DVDs.
Anyone else here been able to take advantage of this glitch even though you have no CC on file with CH?
Old 10-17-07, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by rider555
My 2 orders from last week say"awaiting credit approval".
So,does this mean since I do not have a credit card on file,they won't send me anything?
If Disturbia and Dreamgirls are going to"fall off"and my invoice will show a total of $0.00,why would they bother with a credit card for these particular orders?
I sent payment(for my enrollment selections) by money order yesterday.When this is received,is it possible "awaiting credit approval" will dissapear?
I don't want to bother with a credit card and it would be a but tricky since I was blacklisted once before.I might have to get a prepaid credit card and use my Aunts address(where my CH DVDs are delivered).
But,if I do that I would rather not have to put over $120 on it.But like I mentioned,these should really only cost me $0.00.
If I do place a CC on file with them and have only 10-15 bucks on it..well I don't know what they'll do.I just get the feeling that this is going to result in both orders being cancelled and I will receive 0 DVDs.
Anyone else here been able to take advantage of this glitch even though you have no CC on file with CH?
I would say the best way to deal with it in the future is use a credit card to pay what you owe, ie you place an order and select bill me, then later pay the amount due on-line using a credit card. They do get really funky when you place orders when you still have money due.
Old 10-17-07, 09:56 AM

I use the bill me option and it took a few orders to be placed before they seemed to ship things regularly. Now they ship my order regardless of the price ( last paid irder was 60 bucks ) so it just takes time.
Old 10-17-07, 12:49 PM

Came home on my lunch break and found 5 free DVDs in my mailbox. Unfortunately Knocked Up and Pan's Labyrinth didn't have the slipcovers but oh well. I guess you get what you paid for.
Old 10-17-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 224 Likes on 149 Posts
Has anyone tried ordering the Shooter Blu Ray ( # 4733101)? That's another paramount title that is OOP.
Old 10-17-07, 04:15 PM

Perkin give it a try add MI3 in there as well, be a sport, I would be have a ton of pre-order stuff sitting now, and my other account I forgot to cancell directors selection and got hit with heros for 50 bucks I had to ship back
Old 10-17-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JorgeC
hmmmm, i didn't get $1.99 shipping, but here's the order I put in.

Dreamgirls Showstopper Edition - Blu-ray $29.96 Sale Price 04733408
Knocked Up (Unrated)Collector's Edition Free Sale Price 04795308
300 Special Edition Free Sale Price 04707105
Sleepy Hollow - Blu-ray $22.46 Sale Price 04733606

So, I should see the Dreamgirls and Sleepy Hollow put on backorder and eventually cancelled, but still get the Knocked Up and 300 for free? Since both titles will get cancelled, do they still count towards fullfilment of my membership?
So whatever became of Sleepy Hollow? Did they actually ship it or did it disappear like Dreamgirls?
Old 10-17-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 224 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by corysontag
Perkin give it a try add MI3 in there as well, be a sport, I would be have a ton of pre-order stuff sitting now, and my other account I forgot to cancell directors selection and got hit with heros for 50 bucks I had to ship back
MI3 Blu Ray is no longer on their site.
Old 10-17-07, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
decided to do one last order:

disturbia blu-ray
dreamgirls blu-ray
transformers (2-disc)
planet terror (2-disc)
bug - se

disturbia and dreamgirls dropped off and i got a shipping confirmation e-mail for the other 3 today. all totally free
Old 10-17-07, 06:34 PM

Mi3 is gone, should have treid it, thats ok
Old 10-17-07, 07:59 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by joltman
I would say the best way to deal with it in the future is use a credit card to pay what you owe, ie you place an order and select bill me, then later pay the amount due on-line using a credit card. They do get really funky when you place orders when you still have money due.
I will probably do that.But,why would I need to prepay for these 2 orders,since the Blurays are supposed to drop off and I will just end up with an invoice for $0.00?
I have only been a member for almost 2 weeks so have not really had time to build up a payment history with them,just a money order for $12.89 to pay for my enrollment titles.
Old 10-17-07, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rendle
Came home on my lunch break and found 5 free DVDs in my mailbox. Unfortunately Knocked Up and Pan's Labyrinth didn't have the slipcovers but oh well. I guess you get what you paid for.
My Knocked Up didn't have the slipcover either,so I bought one at the store took the slipcover off and returned the DVD,done it many times over the years when it comes to CH orders.
Old 10-17-07, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did anyone catch this in the sale thread?

Originally Posted by zombeaner
I just used the b2g3 code a few days ago and the order looked like this:

War (Pre order) $19.95
Lawrence of Arabia SE (Pre order) $22.95
Poltergeist SE Free
1408 SE Free
Up In Smoke SE FREE

and today I went back to check and Lawrence of Arabia is completely gone from the order, and all three of the free items were still free. This means, if this is true, that I got a B1G3 free order. That is amazing! What a goof! Only bad news is that I have to find another fulfillment, I'm going to wait and see how this pans out...
Do we have another potential glitch? More free titles for everyone? Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 10-17-07, 10:34 PM

Can we find out what day his order was placed and when it dropped?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.