Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-07, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
okay i placed an order for disturbia blu ray and dreamgirls blu ray with two free dvds Disturbia dropped off but dreamgirls blu ray is "awaiting credit approval" and didn't drop off yet ...

well i placed the order October 9th... so my question does DREAMGIRLS blu ray drop off or not ? I mean i don't own it anyway but still didn't really want it ... but either way is fine i guess...
I made an order on Wednesday night and both Disturbia and Dreamgirls were dumped this morning.
Old 10-12-07, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone been able to confirm MI3 I have placed three orders using the other two
Old 10-12-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah Dreamgirls BLu ray finally got dumped but now everything is "awaiting Credit approval " ... hopefully they ship soon nice deal

thanks
Old 10-13-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got 8 free DVDs out of those 2 blu-ray titles Now if somebody confirms MI3 I'll get 4 more
Btw, how come CH doesn't have Dark Crystal and Labyrinth 2 disc versions?
Old 10-13-07, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
Works great with 802334 when it is working. 802334 is a B1G1 Free. Buy 2 (Dreamgirls Blu & Disturbia Blu) and get 2 free. CH is also running a 5th free. So take one more. That makes B2G3 Free and when the Blu's drop, it is 3 Free. Wow.
Old 10-14-07, 01:36 AM

Has anyone tried with MI3 worse case is you can return it if it ships.
Old 10-14-07, 02:42 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2 orders using this code are still showing up as "pending *****",after more than 4 days.How much longer do I have to wait?I wanna' know if I am going to receive any free DVDs or not.
Old 10-14-07, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by corysontag
Has anyone tried with MI3 worse case is you can return it if it ships.
Well, if that's the case, why don't you try it ? :P
Old 10-14-07, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by rider555
My 2 orders using this code are still showing up as "pending *****",after more than 4 days.How much longer do I have to wait?I wanna' know if I am going to receive any free DVDs or not.
Sounds like it's not going to work for you. At least that's been my experience on orders with the dreaded *****'s after that long a time period.
Old 10-14-07, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by rider555
Is this a new account and did you use bill me later? If so, do you have a balance on your account from previous orders? If yes, you may need to pay that balance first. At least that has been my experience. I got that pending **** last week on a new account I just opened. I hadn't yet paid my enrollment charges but as soon as I did, my pending ***** went away the next day.
Old 10-14-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
I had pending ***** yesterday for my 2nd order (b2g3 free). There was not a charge on my CC for this order. The my pending ***** disappeared today and I have a pending charge on my CC (which will fall off once Disturbia and Dreamgirls drop). Must be something to do with billing as mentioned earlier.
Old 10-14-07, 03:43 PM
Suspended

Yes,this is a new account,a little over a week old.I owe $12.89 for enrollment.I will get that paid for and hopefully that take care of it.
Old 10-15-07, 01:28 AM
Suspended

I just checked my order history.One of the orders was $59.98,than pending **** and now isn't showing up at all.
Old 10-15-07, 01:29 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by shadow32
Is this a new account and did you use bill me later? If so, do you have a balance on your account from previous orders? If yes, you may need to pay that balance first. At least that has been my experience. I got that pending **** last week on a new account I just opened. I hadn't yet paid my enrollment charges but as soon as I did, my pending ***** went away the next day.
Could this be the same reason that my 2nd account was rejected?
Old 10-15-07, 01:49 AM

Should change the thread title to, "Does this keep happening to you?"
Love free DVDs! Thank you OP, and the code-givers after that!
Old 10-15-07, 09:50 PM
Cool New Member

Received Hearts & Minds today with no letter stating that Disturbia (BR) was dropped. Either way, the invoice said I didn't owe anything.

Strangely enough, however, I put in an order using Disturbia (BR) and Dreamgirls (BR) with 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up (2D) and it is appearing twice in my order history with two separate order numbers. One of them only lists the latter two titles, claims I do not owe anything, but has a pending status. The other lists all four, a charge of $60, and has a pending status.

I place the order last Wednesday (10/10) and am over 100% certain that I did not submit two of the same order. Also, my CC does not list such a charge. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I get them.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Either way, this was a great way to get (hopefully) get three dvds for free.
Old 10-15-07, 11:14 PM

you should see the one order with 4 films stating you owe nothing drop off, and the second order with four films and a charge of 60 bucks should be confirmed then the two blu rays drop off and the films get shipped for free and you owe nothing.

So far I have been able to use the films on a fullfilled account 3 times each all with the buy 2 get 3 free and no problems.

Still waiting for MI3 confirmation
Old 10-16-07, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 240 Posts
I'm giving this a go. Since when you put Disturbia/Dreamgirls in your cart it, the option was given to pick up another as a gift, I ordered 2 of each along with 6 freebies. If it goes through as others have described, this'll be the best CH deal yet...unless someone can figure out a way where we're paid to receive DVDs.
Old 10-16-07, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
If it goes through as others have described, this'll be the best CH deal yet...unless someone can figure out a way where we're paid to receive DVDs.

Replace deal with glitch and I would agree.
Old 10-16-07, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by bantheradio
Received Hearts & Minds today with no letter stating that Disturbia (BR) was dropped. Either way, the invoice said I didn't owe anything.

Strangely enough, however, I put in an order using Disturbia (BR) and Dreamgirls (BR) with 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up (2D) and it is appearing twice in my order history with two separate order numbers. One of them only lists the latter two titles, claims I do not owe anything, but has a pending status. The other lists all four, a charge of $60, and has a pending status.

I place the order last Wednesday (10/10) and am over 100% certain that I did not submit two of the same order. Also, my CC does not list such a charge. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I get them.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Either way, this was a great way to get (hopefully) get three dvds for free.
Same thing happened to me.I have 2 accounts open and I went on there Wednesday and placed an order on one account with Disturbia twice and Knocked Up CE and 1408 CE.Then when it was confirmed that Dreamgirls worked later on the same day I placed an order on my other account with 2 Dreamgirls,The Condemned,and 300 SE.Ever since Friday there have been 2 orders on the second account,just like you described.I received Knocked Up and 1408 yesterday with no mention of Disturbia,but the other account is still pending with Dreamgirls.

Since I ordered Disturbia twice already on one account,I was thinking about trying it on the other,but am afraid of being blacklisted for ordering too many of one movie.They are different accounts both in my name but different email addresses,anyone order more than 2 on 2 different accounts before,without any problems?
Old 10-16-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually received Planet Terror along with 1408 today. Pretty awesome getting a totally free movie on release date!
Old 10-16-07, 03:34 PM

Gave this a shot. Ordered Disturbia (BR) and Dreamgirls (BR), along with 3 free titles. Crossing my fingers this deal still goes through.
Old 10-16-07, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by corysontag
So far I have been able to use the films on a fullfilled account 3 times each all with the buy 2 get 3 free and no problems.

Still waiting for MI3 confirmation
Is it safe to order three or four copies of these? Does anyone have any insight? I've ordered Disturbia and Dreamgirls once on each of my two accounts. (so two copies of each, total). Do we think it's safe to place another order for each movie (bringing me to three of each)?

I'm still waiting on confirmation for MI3 as well. Surely someone here has given it a shot. EDIT: Nevermind, too late on MI3. It looks like the Blu Ray for it is no longer on the site.

Last edited by smashthesymbols; 10-16-07 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-16-07, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
Is it safe to order three or four copies of these? Does anyone have any insight? I've ordered Disturbia and Dreamgirls once on each of my two accounts. (so two copies of each, total). Do we think it's safe to place another order for each movie (bringing me to three of each)?

I'm still waiting on confirmation for MI3 as well. Surely someone here has given it a shot. EDIT: Nevermind, too late on MI3. It looks like the Blu Ray for it is no longer on the site.

normally ordering more then 2 of any single title may open you up to blacklisting or having your account closed, however in this case, things are slightly different.... mainly because the item in question is never going to ship...

i wouldn't do it personally, but i plan on being in as good standing as possible with CH in the future....
Old 10-16-07, 06:01 PM

I would agree to be careful, but I have placed in one account 3 copies of disturbia and 2 copies of dreamgirls all orders of free films have shipped ( except the pre-orders ) and have yet to have any issues. I figured if the film never ships I never ordered it. It does not show in my account history, I do have one other account which I have not used it on just in case, but so far has been 15 ( 12 shipped ) films for free.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.