Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

A Fish Called Wanda 2-Disc Edition Available?

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 01-15-07, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

According to CH's website they have the 2-disc edition. However, they still show the picture of the old edition. I'm a bit unsure whether to pull the trigger on this or not. Has anyone else purchased this set from CH and can verify that they do actually carry it? They tried this same type of business earlier when the Beavis and Butthead Collector's Edition was released except in reverse order. They showed the pic of the new release but in fact it was still the same old original release.
Old 01-15-07, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This does appear to be the new release. It has a new item and selection number and price. This was discussed elsewhere, but not sure if anyone has confirmed to have received this version yet.

Also next week, this should be available for enrollment.
Old 01-16-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by basaro
This does appear to be the new release. It has a new item and selection number and price. This was discussed elsewhere, but not sure if anyone has confirmed to have received this version yet.

Also next week, this should be available for enrollment.
That's great news to hear that it will be available for enrollment. I'll add it to my want list. Thanks!!!!
Old 01-16-07, 09:44 PM

I received an "unfortunately, stock of any item noted below has been exhausted" letter (dated 1-3-07) regarding my Funcash order of "FISH WANDA DLX 043888072 W." The letter offered me a refund if I pre-paid, so I'm curious if I'll get the Funcash credited back to my account. I placed the order on 12-31-06, so they may be real bastards about offering me a credit on expired Funcash.

No "Wanda" for me, but they still list it on the sight. I'm kinda curious as to whether anyone has received this title, too.
Old 02-07-07, 09:29 PM

Something is fishy with my newest application too. I chose wanda as my 7th title (for $9.95), but I haven't been charged for it and it doesn't show up in the order history like usual. I haven't rec'd my enrollments yet, but I am sure it won't be in the box. This actually might work out to my benefit (despite not getting wanda), because I still only have 2 fulfillments to buy(wanda counted as a fulfillment even though it didn't go through!?), and I've only paid $2.94 for the first 6 titles. I'd rather have the extra title though
Old 02-08-07, 04:50 AM
Suspended

Don't bother ordering it, I tried to get it as an enrollment, no shipment,no email no anything. its either out of stock or they are just holding back
Old 02-12-07, 12:25 PM

I got my enrollment package today, and of course it didn't have Wanda in it, but it did have a note that it was temporarily OOS, and it would be mailed to me no later than 2/19/07.

So, looks they do have it, it's just OOS. I'll report back in a few weeks, we'll see if it arrives.
Old 02-19-07, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my enrollment package today, and of course it didn't have Wanda in it, but it did have a note that it was temporarily OOS, and it would be mailed to me no later than 2/19/07...
I got the same note in the enrollment package I received on Wednesday (2/14/07), only to get a "stock exhausted/item canceled" notice on Saturday. Of course, it was one of my free titles, so I'm going to have to fight with a CS rep. this week to get them to send me an alternate disc or coupon.
Old 02-19-07, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Got my enrollment package and they didn't inlcude any sort of note. It was the 9.95 title, but they didn't charge me. I wonder if it will come eventually, or if my fulfillments were reduced by 1 for free?
Old 02-19-07, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

had it on my enrollment package. got a letter saying they exhausted their stock and if i was charged I would be refunded. it was one of my $9.95 selections.
Old 02-21-07, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
had it on my enrollment package. got a letter saying they exhausted their stock and if i was charged I would be refunded. it was one of my $9.95 selections.
Crikey! Now, I got that letter too. My circumstances are the same as yours.
So far, my commitments is still only 2, so did we get this account for $2.94/6 with 2 to fulfill? Seems like it. Guess I can't complain too much. I still want this, so I will try again to get this on another account!
Old 02-21-07, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Crikey! Now, I got that letter too. My circumstances are the same as yours.
So far, my commitments is still only 2, so did we get this account for $2.94/6 with 2 to fulfill? Seems like it. Guess I can't complain too much. I still want this, so I will try again to get this on another account!
I'm in a similar boat, except that my enrollment order of AFCW was not my $9.95 title. I did call in the other day to re-order it, and there didn't seem to be any problem. We shall see if it shows up though.
Old 02-26-07, 06:53 PM

Yes

My sister ordered it for me--got it about Valentine's Day. It's the real deal!
Old 02-26-07, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
My sister ordered it for me--got it about Valentine's Day. It's the real deal!
You mean she ordered around v-day or that's the day you got the dvd?
Old 02-27-07, 09:11 AM

After having it in my enrollment order but it not showing up, I've now gotten a shipping confirmation for A Fish Called Wanda so it seems to be available for sure.
Old 02-27-07, 09:38 AM

since a lot of MGM titles have switched to FOX (from sony), i don't think co house will carry this title anymore (they don't carry 20th century fox stuff). there were 2 versions of A FISH CALLED WANDA released on the same date last year, one mgm/sony and one fox (they both had rights for a period), both same content but different covers.

dvdempire has info/images of both listed below

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...searchID=34165

a lot of vendors are becoming deplete of the mgm/sony version and now only carry the fox version (fishbowl cover). i think once co house was deplete of their mgm stock (cast cover), the title was no longer available thru co house. mine was cancelled with a notice last week it would no longer be carried (again, co house doesn't carry 20th century fox titles).

i bought mine thru barnes and noble a day later for $14 (oscar sale) with 15% off coupon.

if co house restocks this i'll be surprised.
Old 02-27-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just rejoined and chose this as an enrollment selection. I've already received the shipping confirmation email. I'll post again whenever I receive the enrollment package.

Dear JOHN PEARCE,

We shipped the following items to you on 02/23/2007

A Fish Called Wanda Collector's Edition, Widescreen, 4388807
Old 02-27-07, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by elektrohog
hope i'm wrong on my above post and they now have it back in stock.
i'm curious what cover it will be if so.
Old 02-28-07, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ While you may be right about the Fox/MGM thing, my reading suggests that MGM retains decision making authority in how their film library is distributed. That may mean that MGM titles will continue to be available through Columbia House.

We shall see...
Old 02-28-07, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received my enrollment pkg in the mail today.

A Fish Called Wanda Collector's Edition (2-Disc Set), Widescreen, 4388807
Slipcase & booklet style insert included!

Old 03-01-07, 08:43 AM

^What did the slipcover look like, same art as that cover^?

Looks like elektrohog might be on to something, as this is the older version, correct?
Old 03-01-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^slipcover matched the dvd cover, this release is listed on Amazon as A Fish Called Wanda (Deluxe Edition) (1988)

I was hoping for A Fish Called Wanda (2-Disc Collector's Edition) (1988)
Old 03-01-07, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I remember seeing the new 2-disc set when it was released and the slip cover was white with some orange lettering (I do belive). It also had a fish on the front and not the picture that is seen above. Here's the link to it at deepdiscount.com
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...ductId=6415823
Old 03-01-07, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by elektrohog
since a lot of MGM titles have switched to FOX (from sony), i don't think co house will carry this title anymore (they don't carry 20th century fox stuff). there were 2 versions of A FISH CALLED WANDA released on the same date last year, one mgm/sony and one fox (they both had rights for a period), both same content but different covers.

dvdempire has info/images of both listed below

a lot of vendors are becoming deplete of the mgm/sony version and now only carry the fox version (fishbowl cover). i think once co house was deplete of their mgm stock (cast cover), the title was no longer available thru co house. mine was cancelled with a notice last week it would no longer be carried (again, co house doesn't carry 20th century fox titles).

i bought mine thru barnes and noble a day later for $14 (oscar sale) with 15% off coupon.

Looks like you might be right about the cast cover version, that's the one that has been received by someone already.

But, it does look like they have some stock of this version, and they are the same contents, so I don't care which I get. I think the fishbowl cover is just stupid anyway, Wanda was never in a silly little fishbowl.
Old 03-01-07, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by jpdude
^slipcover matched the dvd cover, this release is listed on Amazon as A Fish Called Wanda (Deluxe Edition) (1988)

I was hoping for A Fish Called Wanda (2-Disc Collector's Edition) (1988)
The content is the same, so nothing to worry about, unless you were just hoping for that silly fishbowl cover.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.