Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Where Is Star Trek Nemesis Collector's Edition?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-06, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is neither available for enrollment or non-enrollment to purchase. It seems odd to have all the other Star Trek titles except this one, crappy as it maybe.
Old 08-16-06, 08:08 AM

They're not allowed to carry Nemesis because of it's high quality storyline.

But really, I'm pretty sure I got it thru here....Maybe they're just sold out....
Old 08-16-06, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^Did they ever offer the CE? If not, then perhaps they don't offer it because the regular edition, 2826709, didn't sell very well. Just guessing.
Old 08-16-06, 06:53 PM

I've never seen the Nemesis SCE available from CH since it was released back in Oct 2005. I bought it from DDD during their Paramount Buy2Get1Free sale this past May for $6.24. That's about as close to CH prices you'll get.
Old 08-16-06, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
^Did they ever offer the CE? If not, then perhaps they don't offer it because the regular edition, 2826709, didn't sell very well. Just guessing.

I doubt Insurrection sold very well either but they had a standard release of that as well as the collector's edition

Maybe they're just waiting until they run out of stock on the regular Nemesis edition, but as far as I know it hasn't been in print in sometime.
Old 08-17-06, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Perhaps poor sales of Insurrection: CE made Columbia House more cautious with Nemesis. My recollection is that Nemesis was sufficiently unpopular that the regular DVD dropped in price much more rapidly than the previous ones (CH had it on sale for less than $5 in short order). Therefore, since CH buys in bulk, they may still have a boatload of the regular editions they are trying to unload and thus aren't stocking the CE, as you say.

As an aside: I know I am a minority of one, but I rather liked Insurrection, although it is hardly a favorite and I am not enough of a fan of the movies to bother with collecting all of them or buying all the CEs or anything like that. Once in the theater was enough for Nemesis however, and buying the DVD would be pointless. I suspect I am not alone in that decision, which might explain why CH chose not to offer the CE. (My favorite of the Star Trek productions was DS9; I am a big fan of that series.)
Old 08-18-06, 04:54 AM

Yeah, probably not.

5 and Insurrection are even crappier movies that probably sold worse yet still were carried and they have the CE of. They probably just have too many copies of the original Nemesis. Also, DS9 is an abomination to God.

Last edited by AndyRichter; 08-18-06 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-18-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Ouch! Well, I can understand why folks didn't like Nemesis or Insurrection but I don't get the hate for DS9. I am not alone, by a long shot, in thinking that DS9 was the best of all the ST series by a wide margin. It had years long story arcs like B5, the best characterizations of all the ST series, a fascinating in depth look at the culture, religion and politics of the Bajorans (and Cardassians, to some degree), numerous interesting, mysterious, and intriguing characters [like Odo, Garrack (my favorite), the Section 31 crazies, and many others]. It was light years ahead of TNG and TOS in complexity of story lines. Besides, Jadzia Dax was hot! (Did I say that out loud? )

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Last edited by lizard; 08-18-06 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-18-06, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Star Trek is like sex, even when it's bad, it's still pretty good...............
Old 08-19-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As it happens, today's Deal of the Day is Nemesis (regular edition, of course) for $4.95. They have been selling them at that price since last year. It doesn't appear that the stock of the regular edition will be depleted anytime soon.
Old 08-19-06, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by lizard
As it happens, today's Deal of the Day is Nemesis (regular edition, of course) for $4.95.
It's also the foolscreen version.
Old 08-20-06, 12:02 AM

Dude...TNG 4 life, w0rdz.
Old 08-20-06, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
It's also the foolscreen version.
Yes, I didn't bother to check. Makes sense that CH has a lot of FS copies of Nemesis to unload. How many Trekkies would buy foolscreen?

Originally Posted by AndyRichter
Dude...TNG 4 life, w0rdz.
Does not compute. It seems a bit like English but not in any form I recognize...
Old 08-20-06, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just get it at Best Buy for $10.