DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Funcash suggestions (bang for your buck, etc.)

Old 12-01-06, 09:27 AM
  #26  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,096
Originally Posted by drh4
The sale that blaze1984 and others referred to which worked with funcash now appears dead, unfortunately.
Still works fine for me.

Keep in mind, only some titles show up at sale price in the funcash cart, not all of them.
Everything that blaze1984 listed, and everything I ordered myself is still showing up at sale price.
basaro is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 11:05 AM
  #27  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,582
Originally Posted by drh4
The sale that blaze1984 and others referred to which worked with funcash now appears dead, unfortunately.
It still works, but ONLY on the "DVDs $6-$15" category. The "DVDs Under $6" category does NOT work, as those DVDs revert back to the regular price when placed in your funcash cart.
Al_Tahoe is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 11:10 AM
  #28  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 202
Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
It still works, but ONLY on the "DVDs $6-$15" category. The "DVDs Under $6" category does NOT work, as those DVDs revert back to the regular price when placed in your funcash cart.
good call... wish i had known this earlier, definately wouldn't have gotten the usual suspects as a fullfillment... couple other good ones that I just got are Ran (Akira Kurosawa film) and Hamlet Criterion... damnit, i really wish CH would get Seven Samurai... don't wanna pay $25 for it


also, some good prices on the sets under $20... beverly hills cop series for ~$11, Growing Pains Season 1 for ~$11, Maltese Falcon Special Edition for !~$13.50... if only $7 for shipping didn't kill these deals (though $10 for the Maltese Falcon Special Edition is a steal)

Last edited by blaze1984; 12-01-06 at 11:16 AM.
blaze1984 is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 11:16 AM
  #29  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 139
It appears that all boxsets under $50 (CH price) come up as approximately 60% off retail in the funcash cart. Even if you don't use any funcash you are getting a pretty good deal on many of these. Perhaps there are some exceptions but I didn't find any.
drpie is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 03:23 PM
  #30  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: US
Posts: 93
I tried adding about 14 box sets to use with funcash. The order total was about $150. When I went to check-out they added $87.96 in shipping and processing charges.

I thought there was a cap on shipping charges? $87 for 14 titles? That's outrageous!
grham09 is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 04:30 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Todash
Posts: 808
Originally Posted by grham09
I tried adding about 14 box sets to use with funcash. The order total was about $150. When I went to check-out they added $87.96 in shipping and processing charges.

I thought there was a cap on shipping charges? $87 for 14 titles? That's outrageous!
Yeah, it used to be $15 max on shipping but CH nixed that earlier this year.

Anyway I had $44 in FC so I got these:

The Maltese Falcon Special Edition $13.48 $10.00 $3.48

Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition $44.98 $20.00 $24.98

Gary Cooper: The Signature Collection $22.48 $10.00 $12.48



Subtotal $40.94
Shipping & Processing $21.97
Tax $0.00



Total $62.91

To think I paid $61. for the Supe box alone earlier last month.
OwlAtHome is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 04:35 PM
  #32  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,056
James Bond Ultimate Collection: Volume 1 $40.48 $20.00 $20.48
Subtotal $20.48
Shipping & Processing $7.99
Tax $1.43

Total $29.90

some more bang
DisneyDVDFAN is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 04:39 PM
  #33  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 202
Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
James Bond Ultimate Collection: Volume 1 $40.48 $20.00 $20.48
Subtotal $20.48
Shipping & Processing $7.99
Tax $1.43

Total $29.90

some more bang
wow, anyone with some suggesstions on cheap movies to get with the new triple funcash offer to get in on these box sets?
blaze1984 is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 04:42 PM
  #34  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,056
Originally Posted by blaze1984
wow, anyone with some suggesstions on cheap movies to get with the new triple funcash offer to get in on these box sets?
Peter Pan
Widescreen 3119609

Return to Me
Widescreen 2659605

Watership Down
Widescreen 0615005

A Very Long Engagement
Widescreen 3612108

Seuss Celebration
Full Screen 4279709

Total Items Ordered: 5
Order Total: $38.11


i got 30.00 funcash to use after that order...
DisneyDVDFAN is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 04:51 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,056
Product Title Selection # Price

Weekend At Bernie's 04013702W $3.98

Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London Special Edition 03168200W $3.98

The Party 03180106W $3.98

Seuss Celebration 04279709W $8.78

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Mutation & Transformation Collection 03924503W $3.98

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Fantastic Androids & Robots Collection 03924107W $3.98

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Aliens Among Us 03923307W $3.98

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Time Travel & Infinity Collection 03348208W $3.98

Hello Kitty: Hello Kitty Goes to the Movies 02959609W $3.98

*Batteries not Included 04009809W $4.98

Crocodile Dundee 00429704W $4.98


you get 66.00 funcash
DisneyDVDFAN is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 04:56 PM
  #36  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 202
Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
Product Title Selection # Price

Weekend At Bernie's 04013702W $3.98

Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London Special Edition 03168200W $3.98

The Party 03180106W $3.98

Seuss Celebration 04279709W $8.78

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Mutation & Transformation Collection 03924503W $3.98

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Fantastic Androids & Robots Collection 03924107W $3.98

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Aliens Among Us 03923307W $3.98

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Time Travel & Infinity Collection 03348208W $3.98

Hello Kitty: Hello Kitty Goes to the Movies 02959609W $3.98

*Batteries not Included 04009809W $4.98

Crocodile Dundee 00429704W $4.98


you get 66.00 funcash

you forgot to place your order in $30 increments and hope you get the $5 off discount , but thanks
blaze1984 is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 05:48 PM
  #37  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,046
Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
Product Title Selection # Price

Weekend At Bernie's 04013702W $3.98

Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London Special Edition 03168200W $3.98

The Party 03180106W $3.98

Seuss Celebration 04279709W $8.78

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Mutation & Transformation Collection 03924503W $3.98

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Fantastic Androids & Robots Collection 03924107W $3.98

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Aliens Among Us 03923307W $3.98

The Outer Limits: The New Series - Time Travel & Infinity Collection 03348208W $3.98

Hello Kitty: Hello Kitty Goes to the Movies 02959609W $3.98

*Batteries not Included 04009809W $4.98

Crocodile Dundee 00429704W $4.98


you get 66.00 funcash
I must be missing something here, because you don't have a regularly priced movie on that list. Are you using a particular code/deal to not have a regularly priced DVD?
joltman is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 06:02 PM
  #38  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,056
Originally Posted by joltman
I must be missing something here, because you don't have a regularly priced movie on that list. Are you using a particular code/deal to not have a regularly priced DVD?
no codes or anything those are the prices for those dvds ... look under dvds priced under 6.95 on the site to see the whole list ...
DisneyDVDFAN is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 06:04 PM
  #39  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,056
don't know if it will work but here is the link ... it is under gift center go to the set that says under 7.95 and under

edited the link isn't working out sorry but it is there...
DisneyDVDFAN is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 06:33 PM
  #40  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by joltman
I must be missing something here, because you don't have a regularly priced movie on that list. Are you using a particular code/deal to not have a regularly priced DVD?
The new triple funcash offer code 803454 is DVDs at 50% off, no other purchase necessary.
junkreceiver is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 07:15 PM
  #41  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
James Bond Ultimate Collection: Volume 1 $40.48 $20.00 $20.48
Subtotal $20.48
Shipping & Processing $7.99
Tax $1.43

Total $29.90

some more bang
Thanks for this post as I had completely forgotten about the Bond sets.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 07:35 PM
  #42  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
A few other good deals(sales tax is not included in the prices)-

Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection $33.98(with $20 of FC applied) + $7.99 shipping = $41.97. Please note that Costco should have this in a couple of weeks for around $50.

Looney Tunes Golden Collection 4 $26.22 shipped using $10 of FC.

Evil Dead 2: Book of the Dead $10.98 shipped using $10 of FC.

Perry Mason Season 1, Volume 1(Volume 2 is the same price) $20.47 shipped using $10 of FC.

Star Trek The Animated Series $25.33 shipped using $10 of FC.

Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 2 $15.98 shipped using $10 of FC.

Joan of Arcadia Season 2 $26.33 shipped using $10 of FC.

Stephen King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes $13.98 shipped using $10 of FC.

There are obviously many other great deals, such as The Rockford Files sets, but I already own most of these other sets.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 07:58 PM
  #43  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,096
Amazing Stories S1 for $19.47 shipped with $10 of funcash.

Debating on that myself as well as some other titles. Also debating on pulling the trigger on a $60 triple funcash order to get some more! I got the sickness, must try to resist.
basaro is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 09:24 PM
  #44  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Originally Posted by basaro
I got the sickness, must try to resist.
I got the stank too and everyone can smell it on me!
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 10:02 PM
  #45  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,454
Most of the Universal Legacy sets are $2.13 plush shipping after you take off the $10 in funcash.
movieguru is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 10:24 PM
  #46  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: coast to coast
Posts: 696
Originally Posted by movieguru
Most of the Universal Legacy sets are $2.13 plush shipping after you take off the $10 in funcash.
how much for shipping? I have 63 dollars in funcash, this might be were I pull the trigger on these.thanks for the tip.

Last edited by bloopbleep; 12-02-06 at 09:43 AM.
bloopbleep is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 11:05 PM
  #47  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,454
Originally Posted by bloopbleep
how much for shipping?,I have 63 dollars in funcash, this might be were I pull the trigger on these.thanks for the tip.
It was $2.99 for shipping on the first one, and I think the next ones were around $2.49.They're only 2 disc sets the shipping isn't outrageous. I got 3 of the sets and the total was around $13. I've been waiting for these sets for a while and since Funcash is usually worthless I decided to go for it with the Legacy sets.

They're actually blind buys as I haven't seen any of these before. The one set I won't have is the Creature from the Black Lagoon. I vagely remmber seeing parts of this as a kid ( it was some kind of 3D version if I recall correctly). I didnt like it very much. Hope the others are better.
movieguru is offline  
Old 12-01-06, 11:17 PM
  #48  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: coast to coast
Posts: 696
Originally Posted by movieguru
It was $2.99 for shipping on the first one, and I think the next ones were around $2.49.They're only 2 disc sets the shipping isn't outrageous. I got 3 of the sets and the total was around $13. I've been waiting for these sets for a while and since Funcash is usually worthless I decided to go for it with the Legacy sets.

They're actually blind buys as I haven't seen any of these before. The one set I won't have is the Creature from the Black Lagoon. I vagely remmber seeing parts of this as a kid ( it was some kind of 3D version if I recall correctly). I didnt like it very much. Hope the others are better.
thanks heres what I got myself for christmas.

Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection $12.13 $10.00 $2.13

Dracula: The Legacy Collection $12.13 $10.00 $2.13

The Mummy: The Legacy Collection $13.48 $10.00 $3.48

The Creature From the Black Lagoon: The Legacy Collection $13.48 $10.00 $3.48

The Wolf Man: The Legacy Collection $12.13 $10.00 $2.13

The Invisible Man: The Legacy Collection $13.48 $10.00 $3.48



Subtotal $16.83
Shipping & Processing $12.94
Expedited Shipping $4.99
Tax $0.00



Total $34.76
been waiting for a good price on these for a while.
bloopbleep is offline  
Old 12-02-06, 03:28 AM
  #49  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,582
Originally Posted by blaze1984
wow, anyone with some suggesstions on cheap movies to get with the new triple funcash offer to get in on these box sets?
Brokeback Mountain................... 5.95
Lost in Translation..................... 5.95
Starship Troopers S.E................. 5.95

Total = $17.85 w/ no other purchase necessary and free shipping
Funcash = $18-

Even if you already own some/all of them - they make great Christmas gifts.
Al_Tahoe is offline  
Old 12-02-06, 04:15 AM
  #50  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,609
Amazing deal! Since my account is already fulfilled my $2 FC triples to $6 for each DVD, even the sale priced $5.95 selections.
Xbox69 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.