Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

TV Edition Club, Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lizard
So, let's assume that you typically expect to use a BOGOF plus free shipping sale offer on your memberships; your the average value of a DVD would be $4.80.
Lizard, first of all, let me say that you are a GOD for providing so much CH info over the years. Thanks!!!

I recently joined and fulfilled using your math as a guide and the BOGOF + free shipping. I picked "Pan's Labyrinth SE" and "The Departed SE" as one of my pair of BOGO free's, so my average was a little higher, but I was still very pleased.

Thanks for detailing out the way to maximize the TV club! I may join it next.
Old 03-30-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ You're welcome. This forum is a collaborative effort and those of us who use the TV Edition club appreciate BYork's frequent enrollment title updates. None of us could keep track of all of the information about Columbia House by ourselves.

I appreciate the help I got years ago from forum members mostly long gone now. So I try to return the favor to others.
Old 05-02-07, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
does anyone know if they'll ever have planet earth or alfred hitchcock presents season 2 available as enrollments?
Old 05-02-07, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
does anyone know if they'll ever have planet earth or alfred hitchcock presents season 2 available as enrollments?
No way to know for sure, but I would guess probably not on Planet Earth, as the list price is kind of high- there are a few enrollment titles in that range, but it seems like they've been consciously skewing towards lower-priced sets since they removed several expensive ones awhile back. And IIRC the similar Blue Planet: Seas of Life set never became eligible (Walking With Dinosaurs did, but that one's cheap).

The Hitchcock Presents S2 is anybody's guess. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason as to which season 2 sets become enrollment eligible and which don't. It's also hard to know whether the recent update to the enrollment list- the first significant one in many months- means that they might start updating it more frequently or that we'll have to wait another eternity for the next round of new additions.
Old 05-05-07, 01:31 PM

Does anyone know if you can request a mailing? Or if the there is an application in a magazine somewhere? I want to get The Flash and The Incredible Hulk First Season. Thanks.
Old 05-07-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^I've never received a mailing for the TV Edition Club, although others reportedly have. I don't know how you would get one.

You might try calling the TV Edition phone number (800-861-9505) and asking the CSR if they could send you a mail-in application. At worst he or she would say no or try to get you to join by phone (but the standard deal they offer isn't very good; at last report the best phone code was 6J1).
Old 05-07-07, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
^Another option to get a "mailing" would be to email customer service [email protected] telling them you're interested in a TV on DVD club membership but would like more information about available titles or possible additional enrollment selections. Provide your name and address and you should get a snail-mail offer in a few weeks.
Old 05-08-07, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Good idea.
Old 05-09-07, 07:14 AM

Sent off an email and got this back....Thanks.

Thank you for your e-mail message.

We are sending an application with information about joining Columbia House DVD Club via standard mail. Please return the application and any required pre-payment or credit card information in the postage paid envelope provided. You may also submit your application online through our website.
Old 05-09-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by grinch1
We are sending an application with information about joining Columbia House DVD Club via standard mail.
Hmmm... did you specifically request a TV Edition mailing? That sounds like they may just be sending you a regular DVD Club one...
Old 05-09-07, 05:45 PM

I just got approved Again for TV Edition using HDL... Did it once last year and did not buy my two until the last possible minute... Didnt think it would go through again, but it did... So now I have House Ssn1 and 2 comin...
Old 05-10-07, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by leeta
Hmmm... did you specifically request a TV Edition mailing? That sounds like they may just be sending you a regular DVD Club one...

I did...

"I was interested in a TV on DVD club membership but would like more information about available titles or possible additional enrollment selections that are not available over the phone or on the web. Can you please send a postal mailing to:......."
Old 05-19-07, 12:34 PM

I did...

"I was interested in a TV on DVD club membership but would like more information about available titles or possible additional enrollment selections that are not available over the phone or on the web. Can you please send a postal mailing to:......."

I received my mailing today, it is the TV on DVD club...2 for $19.95 then buy 2 to fulfill
Old 05-19-07, 01:23 PM

I use the link available in the TV edition enrollment thread, it gives you 2 for $9.95 with only 2 to fulfill.
Old 05-19-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I received my mailing today, it is the TV on DVD club...2 for $19.95 then buy 2 to fulfill
Interesting. That's a decent deal, if not as good as HDL.

Did the catalog or stamps that came with the mail application include the set titles you wanted? You might want to compare the titles offered with the TV EDITION - Available For Enrollment List and report any that are different from what BYork has on the mailing list (post #4) .
Old 05-20-07, 08:52 AM

Interesting. That's a decent deal, if not as good as HDL.

Did the catalog or stamps that came with the mail application include the set titles you wanted? You might want to compare the titles offered with the TV EDITION - Available For Enrollment List and report any that are different from what BYork has on the mailing list (post #4) .
I wanted to get "The Flash" and "Incredible Hulk Season One" both were included. I didn' see anything in the mailing that was different then the list in the thread.
Old 05-20-07, 09:25 PM

Question for grinch -

Was there a savings code with the mailing you received? Getting an approval with 6J1 is getting pretty random lately.
Old 05-21-07, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by ronstone00
Was there a savings code with the mailing you received? Getting an approval with 6J1 is getting pretty random lately.
8T4
Old 05-29-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
It's possible this question has been answered before. I applied online for a tv edition account on 5/13. No response yet. How much time should I allow before trying again or contacting them?

I've never had a tv club account before, just a regular CH membership.
Old 05-30-07, 07:29 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

I would say that that particular application got "lost". I believe that you have to pay up front with a credit/debit card when placing an online order for the TV club and from my experience those that are successful usually see a charge with a couple of days and then the "Welcome to the club" email follows.

Since it's been 2 weeks I would give it another shot.
Old 06-01-07, 03:50 PM

I wanted to get "The Flash" and "Incredible Hulk Season One" both were included. I didn' see anything in the mailing that was different then the list in the thread.
I received my order today. Great turn around time, 12 days, considering it was snail mail. I highly recommend requesting a mailer if there are titles that anyone wants.
Old 06-02-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Thanks for letting us know how all that worked out. That was a creative approach to getting what you wanted!
Old 06-02-07, 07:13 PM

^Thanks for letting us know how all that worked out. That was a creative approach to getting what you wanted!
My pleasure, it was the least I could do. This forum has helped me cycle thru 100+ accounts over the last 6 years.
Old 06-05-07, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Has anyone managed to open an account online recently using the HDL code? I've been trying about one a week for a month or so, and nothing has gone through.
Old 06-05-07, 07:22 AM

Yes, I got my welcome to the club email on June 3, I had applied for it on the 1st using the HDL code, I just clicked on the link thats in the beginning of this thread.

Columbo:Complete first season
Night Gallery

Those two are expensive if you pay the full price for them, I already have all the Columbo shows available on DVD but this one is a gift for someone else.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.