Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH.com Guide?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-06, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CH.com Guide?

I've seen the guides for ColumbiaHouse.com and a lot of stuff about the TV on DVD club, but is CH.com worth joining? If so, what are the strategies or suggestions one could make about joining?

Apoligies if this has been posted prior to this and I missed it.

Thank you.
Old 02-13-06, 09:38 PM

Yes, I understand that, but I am asking specifically about CH.com, not the usual Columbia House account or TV on DVD account.
Old 02-13-06, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the enrollments are not a great deal, but it is not a bad idea to keep your ch.com account open so you can order the deal of the day when it is something that you really want to get without paying the high shipping for unfulfilled accounts
Old 02-14-06, 12:09 AM

there historically also has been some weird codes that worked on ch.com that involved getting some nice deals... it's worth it to just open and fufill it, then keep it open just in case there is a good deal out there...
Old 02-14-06, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
The best thing about CH.com is that if you can transfer funcash over to it, you get free shipping on your funcash orders. I haven't had much luck doing it lately though.
Old 02-14-06, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JoN8282
there historically also has been some weird codes that worked on ch.com that involved getting some nice deals... it's worth it to just open and fufill it, then keep it open just in case there is a good deal out there...
I just found out I have an open ch.com account (since 2004) How can I close it? Or is it not worth it to close it?
Old 02-14-06, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by starman9000
I just found out I have an open ch.com account (since 2004) How can I close it? Or is it not worth it to close it?
I don't think it really hurts to leave it open, it's not like there are director's selection or anything like that.
Another good thing, besides what I mentioned earlier, is getting <19.95 boxsets. Since they don't count for fulfillment, you get it at 40% off and free shipping.
Old 02-14-06, 03:12 PM

How would you transfer funcash over to a CH.com account? I've got a few dollars in funcash in two different accounts that I plan on closing soon and it would be easier to transfer the funcash into one account and use it for something worthwhile.
Old 02-14-06, 07:19 PM

The way I've done it is by using Contact Us on the site and send them something along these lines:

I would like to cancel but I don't want to lose my funcash, so could you please transfer the funcash to account #xxxxxxxxx. If you can't transfer the funcash, then don't cancel the account. Thanks.

It's real hit or miss, no guarantees that you will get it, but it's worth a shot.
Old 11-09-06, 03:18 PM

I was thinking about joining this and have some questions. The ch.com website says that everything is 40 to 60% off. I am very interested in the sets that are 50-60% off. Are there a lot of sets in this club that are 50 to 60% off? Is it only older sets that are that much off or are there deals that pop up from time to time? How does this work?

I understand that they are at least 40% off everyday, but how often and which ones are 50-60% off?
Old 11-10-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^There are hardly any sets that are 50% to 60% off and the prices for sets at CH.com change infrequently. Also, there are rarely, if ever, any additional sale offers at CH.com.

The main purpose of CH.com is convenience; it is very simple and there aren't any Director's Selections and the like to fuss with.

If one buys sets as part of a membership package in the regular DVD or TV Edition clubs, one can usually get them for a lower "relative cost" than at CH.com.