Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

My Fun Cash - Gone!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-05, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Fun Cash - Gone!

I had a few hundred dollars in fun cash.
I looked the other day and I had $18. I called, they said it was a mistake and it would be fixed. Today I followed up and was told that there is no record of me having all that fun cash. I then spoke to someone in the web department, and they said my problem would be sent to the processing department. But of course, there is no one to talk to in the processing department - so I have to wait. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Old 03-14-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's happened to me before. It was just a temporary problem that worked itself out in a few days. Don't worry about it.
Old 03-14-05, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You have proof of earning that funcash!

If the problem continues tell them that they should review your order history and see for themselves that you have earn it.
Old 03-14-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OP, was this earned during the recent double fun cash sale? Or had you acculumatd it over time?
Old 03-14-05, 02:22 PM

I still have recent invoices that prove my fun cash accumulation.

drh4: This was accumulated from the first of this year to present.

Thanks!

Dave
Old 03-14-05, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks OP, I was trying to see if maybe they were reacting to the B1G1F/2x funcash combo sale, which I doubt they intended to stack. Sounds like not.
Old 03-16-05, 10:39 AM

Dave (OP), did you ever get your FunCash amount corrected? I noticed that today my funcash amount was incorrect: it was $2 lower than it should be. Wondering if I should just wait and see if it corrects itself or call a CSR.
Old 03-16-05, 10:39 AM

Still no adjustment.

The first CSR I spoke to said "no problem" and "sorry for the error" and that it would be adjusted. I called to follow up yesterday and they said it was still not adjusted and I would have to send proof (my most recent invoice) to the processing dept. I faxed the info. to them. Does anyone know if there is a phone number to reach this elusive department?

The CSR said she can only see my last few orders, not the last few months worth, in which I amassed a large amount of fun cash.

I also sent in an email request for the adjustment, and was given a similar response. The CSR via email stated to send along any further information if I still believe there is a discrepancy. I asked the CSR to provide me a fax number to send it directly to him, so I'm waiting for a response on that.

Any ideas?
Old 03-16-05, 10:40 AM

moonraker: What a coincidence! Just posted a reply to your question. I wish I was $2 off. I'm talking hundreds here.
Old 03-16-05, 11:00 AM

Whats OP mean ?
Old 03-16-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Original Poster.
Old 03-16-05, 11:11 AM

I havnt ever noticed that until yesterday, how long has that been used? haha
Old 03-16-05, 02:19 PM

Thank you for your very informative and precautionary posting. I'm now making a folder in my files where I am saving both my funcash page and account history (showing FC earned) page so that I have proof that I did in fact earn this funcash. I've got enough now (thanks to their most serendipitious B1G1/Double Funcash/$6.95 Simple cash convergence) for both that MONTY PYTHON MEGASET _and_ REILLY, ACE OF SPIES in April, and do _not_ (naturally!) want anything to jeopardize this! I was starting to get a bit worried, because CH's customer service on this account has been exemplary, no problems at all, which reminds me of the scene in old westerns when the one cavalryman tells the other "It's too quiet" just before the Indians strike!
Best,
Scott
Old 03-17-05, 09:50 AM

It's been alomst a week since this has been "taken care of" and still no fun cash. I was told to keep on waiting, and told they have no record of my previous fun cash balance.

I hope the previous invoice I faxed shows proof enough. Anyone know the turn around time for a fax reqeust?

Should I just relax and wait (and hope) it gets resolved, or keep hounding them?

I mean, I earned the fun cash $ and have proof. I have all previous invoices and my credit card statements, so I guess if they refused to credit it, I could always show proof...
Old 03-17-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ITALIAN926
I havnt ever noticed that until yesterday, how long has that been used? haha
Years, IIRC.

Figuring out the abbeviations used here has been fun, IMHO.
Old 03-17-05, 01:20 PM

iirc?
Old 03-17-05, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If I Recall Correctly
Old 03-17-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
If I Recall Correctly
Yes, although I translate it as "If I Remember Correctly".

My favorite is YMMV ("Your Mileage May Vary", i.e. your experience might be different) because it is a bit subtle.

Some others:
OTOH: On The Other Hand
AFAIK: As Far As I Know
IMO: In My Opinion
and, of course, IMHO: In My HUMBLE Opinion
Old 03-17-05, 05:03 PM

Dont forget STFU
Old 03-17-05, 06:18 PM

Wtf?
Old 03-17-05, 06:25 PM

To get the thread back on track - here's my story. I used and abused the recent B1G1 code (where we were getting 2 for $9 or $11 shipped) and had fatcash up to $195. Now it's at $91. I know I made a mistake - I did the same order twice on two different nights, in a daze the 2nd night i guess. That duplicate order sat as PENDING for a few days with 12 others made that night, now all 13 of those are listed as RETURNED and they took the fatcash away from me. And reversed the charges, I hope! Oh well. Live and learn.
Old 03-18-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by New Rambler
To get the thread back on track - here's my story. I used and abused the recent B1G1 code (where we were getting 2 for $9 or $11 shipped) and had fatcash up to $195. Now it's at $91. I know I made a mistake - I did the same order twice on two different nights, in a daze the 2nd night i guess. That duplicate order sat as PENDING for a few days with 12 others made that night, now all 13 of those are listed as RETURNED and they took the fatcash away from me. And reversed the charges, I hope! Oh well. Live and learn.
I'd be cautious about this. "Returned" usually means that the boxes were undeliverable and returned by the post office or you refused them and sent them back yourself. I'd call to see what it going on. Too many returns for no good reason can lead to the blacklist.
Old 03-18-05, 05:04 PM

They never really shipped. They went straight from pending (and my card was charged) to returned.
Old 03-20-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lizard
Years, IIRC.

Figuring out the abbeviations used here has been fun, IMHO.

None of them are abbreviations exclusive to this site. They've been used since the internet began.

Stew
Old 03-21-05, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by spartanstew
None of them are abbreviations exclusive to this site. They've been used since the internet began.

Stew
Yes, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. However I came across them here, for the most part. I presume that the myriad abbreviations for movie titles are limited to DVD and Movie sites, as are the famed "OAR", "WS", "FS", "SE", "LE", and "EE".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.