DV2 Club?

Old 03-08-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 dvds. Not sets.
Old 03-08-05, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by j-bo
I may be missing something here. After I put in the HDX code......

In the "member details". It says you will be charged $9.95 for the club. Cancel within 10 days and it will be refunded.

"Choose 2 DVDs for $4.98 each, with free shipping! All you need to do is buy 1 DVDs over the next year at $19.95 or more plus shipping and processing"

My math may be screwy, but isn't this expensive? I don't see the benefit of joining.
One thing about the DV2 club is you can forget about retail $19.95 DVD prices. In DV2, every dvd is always at least 40% off retail. That is one reason why you can buy any DVD at any price to fullfill your commitment for the year. When you first enroll you do pay your first yearly fee for $9.95, but DV2 will let you select 2 free DVD's for joining. So, if after 11 months or whatever you can quit the club if you don't want to pay another $9.95 for your second year(or just quit and rejoin like I did to get 2 free DVD's again). Also, pay more attention to what the membership details say on the official sign-up 2nd page where you enter your address, rather than on that very first generic page where you first pick your selections.

Things to keep in mind about the DV2 club:

---Every DVD is at least 40% off retail all the time
---Shipping is always free
---No "Directors Selections" to respond to
---Order just 1 DVD for any amount and your commitment is over for the year

Last edited by Keith123; 03-08-05 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-08-05, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by zooiiks
Wait a minute...$9.95 for two SETS or two DVDs? If you can get 2 sets and then fulfill with a DOD, that'd be killer. Could someone please clear this up for me? Thanks.

When I applied it said to pick two sets. Then it said that I would only have to purchase one dvd at 19.95 or higher in the next year. If they dont accept my application then it doesnt hurt trying.
Old 03-09-05, 07:28 AM

Is the selection very limited when you sign up ? I'm at step 3 and it won't let me go back and select anything else than what's on that page.

Sade
Old 03-09-05, 08:12 AM

Also, pay more attention to what the membership details say on the official sign-up 2nd page where you enter your address, rather than on that very first generic page where you first pick your selections
Thanks for the info. After I read the generic stuff, I didn't continue.
Old 03-09-05, 09:34 AM

Could anyone who is already a member of the DV2 club tell me how much the Lord of the Rings Box Gift sets are?
Old 03-09-05, 09:44 AM

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Gift Set 2001 - 47.95
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Collector's Gift Set 2002 - 47.95
The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King Collector's Gift Set 2003 - 47.95
Old 03-09-05, 09:48 AM

Thanks
Old 03-09-05, 02:59 PM

I dunno, I'm still undecided on this one. Trying to find out why I would want to keep this, when I have one permanent CH acct and one CH that I cycle through.

I went through the process right until checkout, and kept thinking .. why do this?

2 dvd's for $9.95 ( it does say they will send a free dvd for joining?, is this the 2nd choice, or a 3rd one?) plus the $9.95 yearly fee and say a deal of the day for 5.95 or so.
Old 03-09-05, 03:32 PM

I'm undecided about this one also. I am saving up my funcash to redeem for a Monty Python megaset (yes, I aim high!), which is about $150 plus S&H from the regular CH dvd club. How much would it be from DV2, and has anyone been able to transfer (successfully) that much funcash into a DV2 account? Thanks!
Best,
Scott
Old 03-09-05, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by j-bo
I dunno, I'm still undecided on this one. Trying to find out why I would want to keep this, when I have one permanent CH acct and one CH that I cycle through.

I went through the process right until checkout, and kept thinking .. why do this?

2 dvd's for $9.95 ( it does say they will send a free dvd for joining?, is this the 2nd choice, or a 3rd one?) plus the $9.95 yearly fee and say a deal of the day for 5.95 or so.
I believe the $9.95 annual fee includes the 2 DVDs - they are not an additional $9.95.
Old 03-09-05, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Scott Connors
I'm undecided about this one also. I am saving up my funcash to redeem for a Monty Python megaset (yes, I aim high!), which is about $150 plus S&H from the regular CH dvd club. How much would it be from DV2, and has anyone been able to transfer (successfully) that much funcash into a DV2 account? Thanks!
Best,
Scott
It is $119.97 with free shipping.
Old 03-09-05, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by NCYankee
I believe the $9.95 annual fee includes the 2 DVDs - they are not an additional $9.95.
Yep.
Old 03-09-05, 04:12 PM

Geez... I'm a doofus.

And I thought all this time I had pretty good reading comprehension! AACccccccck
Old 03-10-05, 11:29 AM

I think the club is a really good deal, especially when you compare the DVD prices to the "regular" prices in the other clubs (assuming you haven't fulfilled your obligations of course). It's a nice way to get cheaper DVDs without having to jump through as many hoops as the traditional clubs. Of course I'm a member of the DVD Club, the TV Club, and DV2...but that's just because I'm addicted.
Old 03-10-05, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can someone clarify - in another thread, someone mentioned that using funcash negates the discount and free shipping - but I am not sure whether that was referring to the regular DVD cub or DV2.
Old 03-10-05, 12:09 PM

The funcash in DV2 doesn't negate the free shipping, but it DOES negate the discount, except for Box Sets. The funcash is taken off of whatever the "regular" price is.
Old 03-10-05, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Film_Lover
The funcash in DV2 doesn't negate the free shipping, but it DOES negate the discount, except for Box Sets. The funcash is taken off of whatever the "regular" price is.
So I could still get a boxset from DV2 at the 40% discounted price and use my funcash to reduce the price even further? My plan was to do this for the Star Trek Original Movie Collection, which is a six disc set -- would this count as a Box Set? Otherwise, regular price is way too high and my funcash would be better used elsewhere.
Old 03-10-05, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by moonraker
So I could still get a boxset from DV2 at the 40% discounted price and use my funcash to reduce the price even further?
I've never had a DV2 account, but according to this post you can. Evidently the funcash prices for boxsets online don't reflect the sale pricing as they should, so one has to phone in the order and convince the CSR that boxsets are 40% off even with funcash. Perhaps someone else can confirm this.

Originally Posted by moonraker
My plan was to do this for the Star Trek Original Movie Collection, which is a six disc set -- would this count as a Box Set?
Movie collections like that are considered boxsets.
Old 03-10-05, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Big Worms
It is $119.97 with free shipping.
Thank you.
Old 03-21-05, 11:44 PM

Is the cheapest way of getting box sets through this club? Can I get box sets as enrollments, or can I only get them for 40% off and free shipping? I think Im missing something...
Old 03-21-05, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by jigga6286
Is the cheapest way of getting box sets through this club? Can I get box sets as enrollments, or can I only get them for 40% off and free shipping? I think Im missing something...
The TV edition club is the one where you get 2 sets on enrollment for 9.95 (no S&H) then have 2 titles for fulfillment which can be regular non-set disks. There is a whole thread on this here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367791

I just signed up myself and got CSI S3 and Without a Trace S1 for about $10 for both. I'm going to fulfill this acct while the free shipping is on.
Old 03-24-05, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I put in an application for the dv2 club. It was 9.95 for two sets with free shipping and only one purchase of 19.95 to fulfill. The only think is that I dont want to be charged the yearly fee.
I got an email saying they are dropping the annual fee:

We are excited to announce a change to your dv2 membership that is coming soon.
The dv2 Club name and internet address will soon change to ch.com - this means
more choices and bigger savings for you!

As an existing Club member, your Username, Password, account information and
membership details will automatically be transferred to our new Web site. You
will also receive a benefits package in the mail over the next few weeks.
Remember that all future correspondence will be from ch.com.

As a member of ch.com, you will continue to enjoy the same great benefits you
had with dv2, plus more. With no additional cost and no annual fee, you'll now
have more than 8,000 titles to choose from with even greater savings of 40-60%
off list price combined with our limited-time, members-only email promotions.
And we're still giving you FAST FREE SHIPPING ON ALL DVDs!

IMPORTANT: The outstanding deals offered at ch.com are only available online
and through email. Your email address should be personal to you and one that
you check regularly, since we will be sending all membership notices, including
account, payment, and other personal information, to that email address. If you
previously have opted out of receiving promotional email from us, you may want
to opt back in. Since we will no longer send you our offers and selections by
postal mail, the only way you would hear about them is by email. To make sure
you will receive promotional email from us, please visit the Email Preferences
page of the My Account area of our Web site and make any necessary changes.

Shopping at ch.com always means faster access to the newest titles, greater
savings and quicker delivery. And don't forget to sign up for special email
alerts that will stretch your savings even further.

Last edited by mike1977; 03-24-05 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-24-05, 01:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, i just hope they are keeping the free shipping and 40% off and getting rid of the annual fee, they mentioned something about a "savings packet" that they would sent me in the mail, probably just more junk mail, but who knows, there could be some nice coupon codes in there, in the past, coupon codes never would work on dv2 accounts.
Old 03-27-05, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Could anyone tell me how much the Complete Black Adder boxset (5 discs I believe) is with a dv2 account? And also the Father Ted Holy trilogy boxset? Thanks in advance.
From reading tons of posts here in this forum it seems to me that some people are under the impression you get free shipping on your funcash order after transferring the funcash from your regular DVD club, but that's not true is it? I thought that no matter which avenue you used for your funcash order a shipping charge would always apply. If anybody can tell me I'm wrong that would be good news

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.