Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

DVD Club: TV Edition Introduction and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-05, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, I got an e-mail indicating that CH has sent out my member welcome package that includes Star Trek DS9 seasons 4 and 5! My second application using a different CC and e-mail address has been accepted, so hopefully I'll get a shipping e-mail from them for the final 2 DS9 seasons. I've been waiting for the right price to complete my collection of the show, and this more than fit the bill!
Old 01-28-05, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Forgot to mention, when I ordered over the phone, they also gave me double the fun cash.
Michael, how were you able to get free shipping AND double fun cash AND a free DVD? The CSR told me that the free DVD offer is only available on the web. And how can it be combined with all that other good stuff?

Update: I answered my own question. The CSR transferred me through to the Web order department. Working with them, I was able to place the order from my end, getting the $5 discount, then they doubled the fun cash and adjusted the shipping after my order went through. YMMV.

Last edited by DVDriguer; 01-28-05 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-28-05, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDriguer
Michael, how were you able to get free shipping AND double fun cash AND a free DVD? The CSR told me that the free DVD offer is only available on the web. And how can it be combined with all that other good stuff?

Update: I answered my own question. The CSR transferred me through to the Web order department. Working with them, I was able to place the order from my end, getting the $5 discount, then they doubled the fun cash and adjusted the shipping after my order went through. YMMV.
Well, I originally called with issues with my account. It wouldn't let me log in. It kept logging me in to a closed account from over a year ago. So I was on the phone with Sally for probably 15 mins. Super friendly and very helpful. I also wanted to order Quantum Leap: 2 but they won't have it for a couple more weeks. So I told her that I wanted to pick up Freaks & Geeks, she offered the free DVD, and the double fun cash was available to all orders placed over the phone. So she told me F&G was $52. I asked if that was with or without the shipping b/c I had seen free shipping mentioned on the site. Sally said it was B3G free shipping, but went ahead and adjusted it for me anyway. So it is definitely YMMV. I couldn't use the webdvd coupon though. Not a huge loss to me, not worth sweating over $5.

Originally Posted by zooiiks
I did. It'll let me add an approved enrollment to the cart using the number technique, but not a "creative" one. I've tried it using a bunch of different titles. Anyone else having this problem?

Took me about 15 minutes to figure out what I was doing wrong. Are you sure you are using the item ID and not the selection number? Once I figured that out, I was good as gold. If you look up a title, say CSI: Season 4, in the description it has a 7 digit Selection #. i.e. the number in the catalog mailings. Don't use this number. Instead look in the url, at some point in the url it has itemID=1234567. This is the # you want. It isn't the same as the selection number.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 01-28-05 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-28-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just a thought: Has anyone actually tried for a 3rd TV account? I mean, what would be the harm in trying?
Old 01-28-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Applied: 1/14/05
Welcome e-mail: 1/17/05
Enrollment Received: 1/21/05
Code: HDL
Order: CSI Seasons 1 & 2

I just placed an order to fulfill my tv club acct. Here's my end cost for this deal:

Enrollment: $9.95 w/Free Shipping
titles: CSI - The Complete First & Second Seasons

Fullfillment: (with $5 coupon and free dvd offer):
titles: One Tree Hill - The Complete 1st Season ($39.96)
Boogie Nights - Platinum Series ($10.98)
Cellular - Platinum Series (FREE)
Shipping: $11.97
Order Total: $62.91

Total Overall Cost: $72.86

I'll cancel when i receive my fullfillment order. I just applied for a new tv acct, choosing I Love Lucy Seasons 1 & 2 as my selections and have just received my application confirmation e-mail.

Last edited by jpdude; 01-28-05 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-29-05, 01:20 PM
Cool New Member

WOO-HOO Just got my welcome e-mail for Star Trek TNG season 7 and the complete Monty Python's Flying Circus megaset~!
Old 01-29-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
Just a thought: Has anyone actually tried for a 3rd TV account? I mean, what would be the harm in trying?

Open @ the same time? How about denial - or worse - blacklisting???
Old 01-29-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jpdude
... I just applied for a new tv acct, choosing I Love Lucy Seasons 1 & 2 as my selections and have just received my application confirmation e-mail.
Same here. And here I thought I'd be first one this?? No matter.

Only bad thing about this is that I already have all the Star Trek DS9 & TNG series. Bummer.
Old 01-29-05, 02:47 PM

I'm flabbergasted. I just got an approval for yesterday's application for the Avengers and Monty Python mega sets. This makes two TV club and one regular DVD club accounts open right now, and I get to fulfill the newest with the buy 1 get one free deal. Sweet!

For the record, the TV club accts are to my work address and the DVD club is at my home, and they use different email addresses and credit cards for each location, if anyone's wondering.
Old 01-29-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dougb222
I'm flabbergasted. I just got an approval for yesterday's application for the Avengers and Monty Python mega sets. This makes two TV club and one regular DVD club accounts open right now, and I get to fulfill the newest with the buy 1 get one free deal. Sweet!

For the record, the TV club accts are to my work address and the DVD club is at my home, and they use different email addresses and credit cards for each location, if anyone's wondering.
With that setup, you could have 8 total accounts - 2+2 @ home & 2+2 @ work. Each separate club can have 2 @ each address(, etc).
Old 01-29-05, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by thejester
With that setup, you could have 8 total accounts - 2+2 @ home & 2+2 @ work. Each separate club can have 2 @ each address(, etc).
I doubt it. When the TV edition of the club emerged last year (along with DV2), I'm pretty sure that after some speculation it was determined that you could only have 2 accounts per address, no matter which club the accounts were with.

I mean, I like DVDs and all, but there's no way I'm going to keep 8 CH accounts open at one time. Too crazy/expensive!

And now I can only wonder how long this will last, both the "creative" enrollments and the HDL code. My motivation for trying this last signup was that they might pull the plug at any time, and I've had my eye on these sets for too long a time to pass up the opportunity to get them for $9.95(!!).
Old 01-29-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dougb222
I've had my eye on these sets for too long a time to pass up the opportunity to get them for $9.95(!!).
Please correct me if I'm mistaken but, personally, I think the best way to view them is as costing ~$17-$18 each after counting for the fulfillment breakdown.
Old 01-29-05, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like to think of it as getting 2 box sets for $9.95, then full price for 2 DVDs.
Old 01-29-05, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts
I got approved for Black Adder and the Monty Python Megaset! That makes 2 TV Clubs and 1 DVD club, all at the same address.
Old 01-29-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 962 Likes on 669 Posts
Well, got ST:TNG 5+6 in and waiting for approval for 7 and DS9 1.
Correct me if I am mistaken but isn't it two accounts per club? I have an open DV2 account and I think I had two TV accounts open at the same time. How do they track accounts? Is it just through address or do they look at name email and credit card.
Old 01-29-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tanman
Well, got ST:TNG 5+6 in and waiting for approval for 7 and DS9 1.
Correct me if I am mistaken but isn't it two accounts per club? I have an open DV2 account and I think I had two TV accounts open at the same time. How do they track accounts? Is it just through address or do they look at name email and credit card.
It is two accounts per club. CH considers the TV Club as separate from the DVD Club. Thus, you can have two accounts for the TV Club, DVD Club and Music Club running at the same time. I'm not sure if CH considers the DV2 Club as being separate from the regular DVD Club.
Old 01-29-05, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
It is two accounts per club. CH considers the TV Club as separate from the DVD Club. Thus, you can have two accounts for the TV Club, DVD Club and Music Club running at the same time. I'm not sure if CH considers the DV2 Club as being separate from the regular DVD Club.
So does that mean I can use the same name, credit card #, and address for both accounts?
Old 01-29-05, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I'm not sure if CH considers the DV2 Club as being separate from the regular DVD Club.
CH considers the DV2 accounts seperate from the regular DVD club. I have 2 DV2 Club and 2 regular DVD Club accounts
Old 01-29-05, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by whoster69
So does that mean I can use the same name, credit card #, and address for both accounts?
Yes you can.
Old 01-30-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by abintra
Please correct me if I'm mistaken but, personally, I think the best way to view them is as costing ~$17-$18 each after counting for the fulfillment breakdown.
I do my bookkeeping this way also. I value the fulfillment DVDs at what they would cost me as part of a regular DVD club membership, currently $6.535 each (+ tax for me). The rest of the membership cost is divided among the sets.

Last edited by lizard; 01-30-05 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-30-05, 02:59 PM

I recently fufilled and closed my 2nd CH DVD Acct, during the time that acct was still open; I applied and got a DVD TV Edition acct open. I've tried to apply for a 2nd TV Club acct, and my applications seem to keep going into the great beyond and getting lost. Tried twice already and selected CSI Seasons 1 & 2 as my enrollments both times, scared I've been blacklisted or something.
I would really like to get 2nd acct open, maybe I'll try the creative ordering again since that is what worked for me the 1st time.
Old 01-30-05, 07:15 PM

I had two TV club accounts open, closed one, waited 3 days and applied for my third. No response and it's been 6 days.
Old 01-30-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone had success in opening a third account from the same address after closing one of the first two?
Old 02-01-05, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tanman
If you want the deal then the best way to get it is through the website that has been explained. Calling them will not help you in on this and will only hinder future applications. Keep trying and be patient. Acceptance letters can take awhile to process.
I'm curious as to what the longest one has waited for a welcome/approval letter on a creative order, as I have one out and would like timeframe as to when to drop my hopes.
Old 02-01-05, 08:58 AM

quick question:

has anyone tried getting "the office" as an enrollment - or at least as the initial fulfilment? i'm trying to decide what i want, and that is on my list. thanks for all the great info guys!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.