Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best of Ed Sullivan Show 6 DVD Pre Order - $8.99 Amazon PM

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-15, 03:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best of Ed Sullivan Show 6 DVD Pre Order - $8.99 Amazon PM

Even though I don't get to keep the discs, Amazon's return process was a breeze (excepting the time & slight aggravation of repackaging).

On the other hand, I had ordered from Deep Discount just in case Amazon orders got cancelled (didn't even attempt BB) and was assured by phone that I would be getting the six-disc version (so no need to cancel). Of course, I got copies of the single-disc version instead. When I called & asked about return label, the CSR told me it was included. I pointed out that there was no bar code or anything to pay for the return & was told that I was responsible for return postage.

At that point, I took a bit harder tone & pointed out that (a) the website had made the listing error and (b) I had called several weeks before release date to confirm that I would be getting what had been listed and that (c) the "return" situation could have been entirely avoided then and that the entire problem was their fault, not mine. At that point, he did the "please hold" thing before returning to tell me that they could indeed send a prepaid label "this time."

Hate to say this, but I pretty much expected DD to not come through & for the return to be a pain. If they hadn't come through with Bilko, I wouldn't have bothered.
Old 05-22-15, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Costco has the 6 disc set for under $29. Not $9 but not bad. Its about $36 at Amazon. I expect it will come down further at Amazon. Its $60 list price per Amazon.
Old 05-22-15, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
...anyone else having this weirdness lately? Many amazon pages are showing as amazon.co.uk webpages in the preview or whatever area as the page loads, even though they are definitely .com addresses.
That's odd... and "no". I remember being told categorically a few years back that the two (now half-a-dozen Amazons wer completely separate entities, but what I have been seeing a lot recently is a blurring of the lines between .com/.ca/.co.uk in what's being offered "direct from Amazon(.com)" - and [worse] a blurring in what searching brings up.

By which I mean that searching for a specific title on a specific format usually preferentially returns that title and format (though not always the right format), but now it seems hit and miss about the REGION. Which is annoying for many reasons, but particularly when things have region-only digital codes.

Anyway. A friend told me he talked Amazon into lowering the price on the 6-disc Sullivan to the 1-disc price by complaining politely about the mistaken listing. I imagine it wouldn't play too well in retrospect (i.e. ought to be the first query, rather than subsequent to already-having-had-a-refund!), but I thought it interesting to pass along as one single occurance that came out of this specific situation. (Also a much nicer and more intimate one than when Absolute Sandman, the $100 book, was mispriced for 90-odd% off and single fan-ordes were cancelled with a 'sorry' while some STORES managed to receive orders of a dozen+ copies. )
Old 05-24-15, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

I was able to pick up the 6 DVD version on ebay for $19.99. Seems there are several copies floating around at this price and lower.

Be careful, however--some ebay sellers are showing the 6 DVD picture, but when you scroll down for the description, it states it is the ONE disc item.