DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best of Ed Sullivan Show 6 DVD Pre Order - $8.99 Amazon PM

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-15, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Best of Ed Sullivan Show 6 DVD Pre Order - $8.99 Amazon PM

Originally Posted by mitch079
The delisted listing is now showing 6 DVDs again so I'm rolling the dice on it and keeping the preorder.
Mitch, that's what I did from the very beginning as the order still says 6DVDS on it and I have two CSRs of theirs that took snapshots of it and verified I'd be getting the 6 DVD edition in that blue cover and not the single DVD set now for $8.29 as the price went down. Hoping Amazon does honor this for me, as I think they will.
Old 05-08-15, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Not being released next week.The wait continues.

Old 05-08-15, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
Not being released next week.The wait continues.

Joey, where are getting this information from as a few websites still have it listed as coming out next week...an example...http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musit...FS8Q7AodimkA6w
Old 05-08-15, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rmw650
Joey, where are getting this information from as a few websites still have it listed as coming out next week...an example...http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musit...FS8Q7AodimkA6w
Its on the Amazon page for the set .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Though on my order page it still listed as arriving Tuesday by 8 PM.
Old 05-09-15, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Its on the Amazon page for the set .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Though on my order page it still listed as arriving Tuesday by 8 PM.
That I already knew but I would certainly believe they will fulfill the orders based on the stock they originally had when this item went up for sale a few months ago. AND certainly still hoping they will honor the price for the 6DVD set as it is still indicated by what i saw on my order listing as of today.

I think they will make good on those orders placed back in March when the item is set to be released next week but because of that said error they made on the pricing, they won't be taking any more orders, hence why they now state that specific set as being unavailable.
Old 05-09-15, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am gearing up for a return because the weight on UPS's website shows .60 lbs (9.6 oz) and a 6 disc set with a 4 disc TCM set in the same package should weigh over a pound easily.
Old 05-11-15, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by mitch079
I am gearing up for a return because the weight on UPS's website shows .60 lbs (9.6 oz) and a 6 disc set with a 4 disc TCM set in the same package should weigh over a pound easily.
Yes, but if this is just the 6 Disc set in a keep case, 9.6 oz may be just about right. A 1 disc set would be 4 or 5 oz at the most if shipped in a bubble envelope.
Old 05-12-15, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got shipment notice. I expect to receive it today. From Amazon.
Old 05-12-15, 12:59 PM

Single disc - back to Amazon it goes.

Update - filled out the return form and it came back saying I'd be credited $8.29 and I don't have to return the item. Although I wish I had gotten the box set I'm not going to complain about Amazons response! BTW, when you fill out the return form don't check the box for an instant refund if you agree to send the item back in 30 days - go to the next page and it should credit you with the refund.

Last edited by JohnBeas; 05-12-15 at 01:05 PM. Reason: update
Old 05-12-15, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnBeas

Update - filled out the return form and it came back saying I'd be credited $8.29 and I don't have to return the item. Although I wish I had gotten the box set I'm not going to complain about Amazons response! BTW, when you fill out the return form don't check the box for an instant refund if you agree to send the item back in 30 days - go to the next page and it should credit you with the refund.
I received the same one.And great advice.
I do not return many items to Amazon.And would have checked the
instant refund box if I did not read your post.
thanks
Old 05-12-15, 04:38 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Yep, got the 1 disc set as well. I submitted for a refund and got an automatic "No need to return" message. I didn't have an option to uncheck the instant refund, but I still got a message I would be getting it in the next 2 days. Thanks OP, it was worth the shot. And I guess we got a free DVD out of it.
Old 05-12-15, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JohnBeas

I'll have to keep this in mind seeing I haven't received either version yet but when I do get it, I'll be sure to let you guys know what i got and then utilizing this method to attain a full refund and the keeping of the disc as well. Thanks for this important heads-up.
Old 05-12-15, 06:16 PM

Same thing here, received 1 disc, chose wrong item sent, refund issued, don't need to send it back. Took a screenshot just in case.
Old 05-12-15, 07:14 PM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Same here. One disc version. I don't think anybody ended up with the jackpot prize this time--six discs at a one disc price.

Last edited by Franchot; 05-13-15 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-13-15, 07:53 AM

On mine, I chose "website description was wrong" instead of "wrong item sent". I got the same result: refund with no return required.
Old 05-13-15, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DvdClon
On mine, I chose "website description was wrong" instead of "wrong item sent". I got the same result: refund with no return required.
I'm seeing a trend here but just got off the phone with them and they're somewhat guaranteeing me the 6DVD set as I haven't received anything as of yet pertaining to this order BUT DvDClon, I'll take your advice here and do it the way you did it, in case I am faced with this situation so I get the full refund and then keeping the DVD to boot, but crazier things are known to happen. Will update you guys when I get mine in.
Old 05-14-15, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got the 1 disc and now I get to keep it and got a refund. Would have still preferred the 6 disc set.
Old 05-14-15, 08:37 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Same issue, received the one disc version, and told at end of return transaction to not bother returning.

But anyone else having this weirdness lately? Many amazon pages are showing as amazon.co.uk webpages in the preview or whatever area as the page loads, even though they are definitely .com addresses.
Old 05-14-15, 10:20 AM
Banned

Should have just ordered one copy instead of two (one for brother for Christmas).

No offer to let me keep the one-disc versions. I chose "wrong item sent"...probably should have tried "website description wrong" (but they still would probably have insisted that both be returned). Don't mind it so much as it's just an aggravation having to going through the return process (including printing out the return label, re-packaging, & dropping off the package) without so much as a "sorry we messed up" apology.

I ordered from Deep Discount & actually called and talked to a CSR a few weeks back. He put me on hold, checked on the order, and then assured me that I would be getting the six-disc version (but I'm not holding my breath although they did come through with Sgt. Bilko when Best Buy didn't). At least Amazon's return process is fairly smooth...although I did have to send back something to DD recently & was credited.

Congrats to those who got to keep the disc along with the refund!
Old 05-14-15, 11:02 AM

Yeah I ordered 3 copies and a bunch of stuff from the MP and had to return the 3 copies. However an another account, I needed a buffer for FSSS when I ordered 2 copies of the Quantum Leap complete series. They let me keep the DVD on that account. It's probably not worth the trouble for Amazon to pay postage and process the return if it's less than 10 bucks.

But on another note: Woo hoo woo hoo. I received my 2 copies of Quantum Leap complete series a mere 6 weeks after placing the order. Yes. Amazon held my order back over a month because I didn't have Prime and I also had this pre-order on the same order. Great customer service. My other order that also contained the same preorder shipped the non-preorder part about 8 days after I ordered it. I guess I'm happy I at least got that damn thing, but really. This is ridiculous.
Old 05-16-15, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rmw650
I'm seeing a trend here but just got off the phone with them and they're somewhat guaranteeing me the 6DVD set as I haven't received anything as of yet pertaining to this order BUT DvDClon, I'll take your advice here and do it the way you did it, in case I am faced with this situation so I get the full refund and then keeping the DVD to boot, but crazier things are known to happen. Will update you guys when I get mine in.
Providing an update on this situation here.

I received my package today and like all of you and despite being told I would receive the 6DVD set, I also received what you guys did in that one DVD set and after making a phone call today and speaking to one of their CSRs, not only was I allowed to still keep the erroneous DVD but I got fully credited for the title AND an extra 20 bucks was placed back onto my credit card for good measures, so i am happy with the end results, but certainly hoping Amazon and their staff can pay better careful attention to what and how they post stuff on their site from this point forward. But for me, it's all good and I can live with the end results here.
Old 05-16-15, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I'll bet the folks who got to keep the discs ordered directly from Amazon; & those who had to return them ordered from the slime at Deep Discount (also known as "Super D").
Old 05-17-15, 12:19 AM

I just picked up my DVD, and put in the request for a refund. They are making me mail it in to get my refund. I also selected that the website description was wrong. I ordered from Amazon.
Old 05-17-15, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Guys, however you look at it, it's been a nightmare of an order to deal with but I have to give Amazon credit for stepping up to the plate and taking full responsibility for the misprint and error and correcting it a thousand times over.

Like I said, i called them and they couldn't have been nicer in rectifying the problem I had with this order.
Old 05-18-15, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 334 Likes on 253 Posts

Got the single disc this morning, filled out the return form online and got an instant refund. Disc still looks pretty good though I won't have time to watch it for a few days. Normally I'd just let this slide and not give Amazon any grief about it (looks like they've already gotten plenty of it without me) but I'm so pissed about them ruining Instant Video with popups, and they've been unresponsive to the printed letter I sent about it, so they deserve a little bit of screwing over.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.