Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

WB Shop Classic Box set Black Friday 2013 sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-13, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: WB Shop Classic Box set Black Friday 2013 sale

The deal appears to be dead on the WB site. There's still good prices on Amazon and DD today on a lot of these titles.
Old 11-28-13, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverscreenvid
The deal appears to be dead on the WB site. There's still good prices on Amazon and DD today on a lot of these titles.
Spot-checking suggests it might be some-and-some, so I imagine they've sold out a certain number of some/most sets, and raised the prices back on those.
Old 11-28-13, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by beebs
Two options --
1) PayPal or
2) My Citibank allows me to create one-off card numbers for specific amounts.

I personally will only use Amex or Paypal online. Amex is so good with fraud, it is easy to resolve, risk free, and they often spot it and send you a new card before you've discovered it. If there's some online store that doesn't take these, it's a one-off Citibank CC#.
I normally use the Citi VCC system but for some reason I can't get it to work with WB this time. I just used it a few months back without issue on a sale but the card I set up for them will not work. Neither will a new card generated for this time. Both show the card # to be "bad" which typically indicates they are not taking the card number (or it's being refused for some reason). It's possible the fraud it taking its toll as I've had similar issues with Citi cards (real and virtual) on certain sites in the past that had fraud issues.
Old 11-28-13, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deal looks dead. Damn.
Old 11-28-13, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deal looks dead. Damn.
Yep. It's too bad as I had one more order to make for the ROMANCE CLASSICS COLLECTION. Now it's $26 instead of $13. Thought for sure this was their Black Friday sale and would be good through Friday. Oh well.

EDIT: They still had the low price for the ROMANCE CLASSICS COLLECTION in their eBay store with Free Shipping.

Last edited by ProfessorEcho; 11-28-13 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-28-13, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanks for the reminder of the ebay store. Will use it in the future, as I'm 90% certain this is where my card was compromised (I did receive the letter).
Old 11-29-13, 07:56 AM

Man, the Warner Bros site is messed up! Never seen a company this big , not have a hint of a clue! I click on the links today(Didn't have any moola til today) great deals a few days ago...so, click on Bette Davis Collection Volume 3 , not $13.19, but $39.59...ok, if they are out of them, why does it say, ships in 1 day? Why would you end the deal on black Friday? But wait, it gets worse. I click on another link, and see at the bottom of the page, a thumbnail of Bette Davis Collection Volume 3, and it shows the $13.19 price! Oh cool, perhaps there are two listings, or it's back on sale...nope...$39.59. And now I have forgotten others I saw, that were just off my a few dollars, Planes, Trains and Automobiles is one...then several show up at the correct price they recommend, then just saw Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition (BD+DVD+UV Combo Pak) Blu-ray, was supposed to be $17.99 click for more info, $43.99...someone talking on the phone, or distracted by kids, might see one price, click to order, then find after the fact it was double the first price. Hey, you have to pay attention, but who expects to see one price, then another for the same item?
Yeah, just a web "glitch"
Sorry, sorry site....

EDIT: here is a pic....only Point Blank is priced correctly

Last edited by berigan; 11-29-13 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-29-13, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Due to the situation with my debit card, (I received a letter that it was compromised as part of the break in of Warner's card processor), though I don't know for 100% certain that's where the hacker who called me & read me my card number on the phone & asked if I'd really cancelled the "magazine" got it as I use it all over the internet), I likely will never use a card at this store again. If they don't add Paypal, I just won't be shopping there.

Not that I love PayPal (I don't; they have their own set of problems), but unless there servers get hit, it does prevent card # theft.

I guess I owe the hacker a thank you for being dumb enough to call & warn me before I lost any money.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 11-29-13 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-29-13, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They take Paypal, btw. I have used nothing but there for a few years now.
Old 11-29-13, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They take Paypal, btw. I have used nothing but there for a few years now.
Thanks for letting me know, that changes the situation!
Old 11-29-13, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by berigan
Man, the Warner Bros site is messed up! Never seen a company this big , not have a hint of a clue! I click on the links today(Didn't have any moola til today) great deals a few days ago...so, click on Bette Davis Collection Volume 3 , not $13.19, but $39.59...ok, if they are out of them, why does it say, ships in 1 day? Why would you end the deal on black Friday? But wait, it gets worse. I click on another link, and see at the bottom of the page, a thumbnail of Bette Davis Collection Volume 3, and it shows the $13.19 price! Oh cool, perhaps there are two listings, or it's back on sale...nope...$39.59.
There are a LOT of double listings there, but it's not a problem with the site. It's actually different versions of the same box sets in most cases. Sometimes the photos give it away, and you'll see that one box is thinner than the other. If the case of this particular sale, I didn't use the links in this thread, but instead searched each title from the above list that I was interested in, and in many cases, double listings came up, sometimes triple (!), and in each of those instances, there was a slight difference in the packaging and huge differences in price. Same art, but thinner. Maybe slim packs instead of regular cases. Who knows. The prices were/are awesome. As far as I can tell, most of the bargain sets I got were actually newer packagings. Just something to be aware of, I guess . . .
Old 11-29-13, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hoping this pricing returns maybe for Cyber Monday.
Old 11-29-13, 06:59 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks for mentioning the nightmare on elm street collection BD. I got that order in right before the price changes.
Old 12-03-13, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
I placed two orders. The first was:

Warner Gangsters Collection Volume 2
Warner Gangsters Collection Volume 3
The Busby Berkeley Collection Vol 1
The Val Lewton Collection w/ Martin Scorcese Documentary

I had already picked these up from BJ's for $14.99, but from the WBShop it's almost $20 cheaper. Of course, then I placed another order of:

The Thin Man Collection
Myrna Loy and William Powell Collection

So it ended up costing me $5 more than what I paid at BJ's, but I got two more sets.
I have tracking numbers for both orders, but for the Thin Man/Loy and Powell order, I was only charged for one of them and I don't know what actually shipped. I guess I'll have to wait to see what shows up.

Last edited by Rexxriot; 12-03-13 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-03-13, 09:26 PM

Wow...wbshop.com sure takes awhile for them to ship stuff out...
Old 12-03-13, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by kndy
of course, they aggregate the orders - its a busy time of the year, plus people working at the warehouses are people like you and me - they need their holidays and time off too. I got shipping notices for all of my orders today and orders are expected to reach by 5th and 6th Dec. Which ain't too bad, its not Amazon Prime but still :-)
Old 12-05-13, 04:09 PM

I got one one my orders today. It was 4 box sets. 3 were perfect and the other has at least 2 maybe 3 floaters. Yuck.
Old 12-05-13, 04:26 PM
Banned

That is a MAJOR understatement my friend!!!...THEY TAKE FOREVER!!!
Old 12-05-13, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by smurr05
That is a MAJOR understatement my friend!!!...THEY TAKE FOREVER!!!
Forever and a day!
Old 12-06-13, 07:11 PM

Not sure but it ups tracking shows my packages were delivered by UPS this morning and I only received half of them.... Yikes!

Last edited by kndy; 12-06-13 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-06-13, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

received all my packages today - floaters galore :-(....every box seems to have at least 1

and Kndy, I hear you - I have a meat grinder for someone else in town delivered to me...gotta do my good deed of the day tomm and be the UPS man
Old 12-06-13, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
I have tracking numbers for both orders, but for the Thin Man/Loy and Powell order, I was only charged for one of them and I don't know what actually shipped. I guess I'll have to wait to see what shows up.
Turned out to be the Loy/Powell collection. Did anyone else order the Thin Man set and did it ship out for you?

EDIT: Looks I've been charged for it, so I guess it will be shipping soon. I should stop worrying so much.

Last edited by Rexxriot; 12-07-13 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-09-13, 07:14 PM

Curious, if anyone received their Film Noir vol. 2 yet? Mine doesn't show that is has shipped, still showing "in process" for the last two weeks. Unfortunately, one shipment was lost (despite showing it as being delivered). According to wbshop, they need to research what happened to package before they send me a new shipment of the items that were lost.
Old 12-09-13, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Curious, if anyone received their Film Noir vol. 2 yet? Mine doesn't show that is has shipped, still showing "in process" for the last two weeks. Unfortunately, one shipment was lost (despite showing it as being delivered). According to wbshop, they need to research what happened to package before they send me a new shipment of the items that were lost.
Still waiting for my copy of Film Noir Vol.2 to ship also, & yes, it's showing "in process" for me as well!
Old 12-16-13, 04:34 PM

Has anyone received or heard back in regards to Film Noir 2? I still haven't received it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.