Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: AMAZON: Official SD Bargains Thread

Sybil - 4.99. Excellent miniseries.

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Disc-Speci...keywords=sybil
Old 03-13-13, 06:18 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deal of the day: The Woody Allen Collection, Sets 1-3 (2008)
$64.99

ASIN: B001539HQY
Old 03-13-13, 04:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Volume 1 of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers , DuckTales, and TailSpin are $8.99 each.
Old 03-14-13, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 608 Likes on 447 Posts

BECOMING CHARLEY CHASE (4-disc) - $7.98/$7.99 from Marketplace Sellers (one of whom apparently composed of music featured on the set).
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002A2B348/
Lowest Marketplace price on this has been about $13.00 for several months, so could creep back up soon enough. Amazon's own price has never been lower than $14.99.
Old 03-14-13, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In the same vein, THE FORGOTTEN FILMS OF FATTY ARBUCKLE is $7.98 + $2.99 shipping in the Marketplace from OLDIES.com. Not sure how many they have in stock though, but an excellent deal for a great set.

FATTY
Old 03-14-13, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked up the Fatty Arbuckle set from Oldies via their Marketplace storefront in October 2011 for that price, and as far as I know, it hasn't risen very often since then. If it has, it hasn't been not for long. Definitely a bargain considering all the content. It's also that price at the Oldies site, where presumably it can qualify for free shipping within a (much) larger order.
Old 03-15-13, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Brian T
I picked up the Fatty Arbuckle set from Oldies via their Marketplace storefront in October 2011 for that price, and as far as I know, it hasn't risen very often since then. If it has, it hasn't been not for long.
These are the types of deals you have to jump on even if it doesn't show an increase in value for awhile. What usually happens is that the title eventually goes OOP and then rises in price to ridiculous levels. Of course that's the way it always works, but that's why I don't hesitate when I see a good deal like this nor sharing same here on the boards.

The CHARLEY CHASE set is also a great deal and now that VCI is going the MOD route it may be the last chance to get these on pressed DVDs, if they're not already MOD that is.
Old 03-15-13, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Brian T
I picked up the Fatty Arbuckle set from Oldies via their Marketplace storefront in October 2011 for that price, and as far as I know, it hasn't risen very often since then. If it has, it hasn't been not for long. Definitely a bargain considering all the content. It's also that price at the Oldies site, where presumably it can qualify for free shipping within a (much) larger order.
Fatty is on the oldies website for the same price and they also have alot of DVDs for .99-1.99. The postage is 6 bucks (or free > 100), but if you buy some other stuff if might be worth it. I've had my copy since BF 2011 when they had free shipping + 10% off. If you look at the best sellers, it can give you an idea of the best stuff they have.
Old 03-15-13, 09:45 PM

Purchased Charley Chase and Fatty Arbuckle. Thanks!
Old 03-17-13, 10:06 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Ricky-Gervais-.../dp/B0049AF6UG

Ricky Gervais season 1 is 9.99
As an HBO show this usually is 20 dollars or more.
Old 03-24-13, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE VOL. XVI, XXIII, XXIV, XXV - $24.49 each
(Deal of the Week)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=2921749011
Old 03-24-13, 04:02 PM

Yes! Grabbed XXV this morning first thing. Been watching it with camelcamelcamel since preorder and it hasn't been below $42.
Old 03-26-13, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great Pre-Order price on a fantastic new collection of Universal War films, two of which have never been released and four of which were only released on MOD. A little over a dollar a movie!

WAR Mongers
Old 03-27-13, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dirty Fatty Arbuckle Disc's? I got my Fatty but all the disc's have something on them. The package was sealed. Disc 1 and 4 were worse than 2 and 3. Looked like dust and wiped one off but under inspection under a light you can still see where the spots were. I have not tried any in a player yet. Just wondering if anyone else had this with there Fatty disc's.
Old 03-28-13, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ernestrp
Dirty Fatty Arbuckle Disc's? I got my Fatty but all the disc's have something on them. The package was sealed. Disc 1 and 4 were worse than 2 and 3. Looked like dust and wiped one off but under inspection under a light you can still see where the spots were. I have not tried any in a player yet. Just wondering if anyone else had this with there Fatty disc's.
OMG, am I glad you posted this as I put my sealed copy on the shelf for future viewing and who knows when I would have discovered this! In my set only Disc #1 is clear of the stains and residue and it's the only one that registers as there being anything on the disc. The other three discs have some sort of staining that is blotched all over them and none will play on my DVD player or my computer. On both machines they don't even register as their being a disc inserted. Back these go ASAP to Oldies.com. They are obviously defective.

Thank you so much for posting!
Old 03-28-13, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by ernestrp
Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
OMG, am I glad you posted this as I put my sealed copy on the shelf for future viewing and who knows when I would have discovered this! In my set only Disc #1 is clear of the stains and residue and it's the only one that registers as there being anything on the disc. The other three discs have some sort of staining that is blotched all over them and none will play on my DVD player or my computer. On both machines they don't even register as their being a disc inserted. Back these go ASAP to Oldies.com. They are obviously defective.

Thank you so much for posting!
Have either of you tried cleaning them? I've gotten quite a few disks that have residue much like what you describe and I clean them with a microfibre cloth and rubbing alcohol. So far I've been able to clean the residue and the disks work just fine. That said, I did *not* purchase the Arbuckle set so don't know for sure if what you guys are seeing is what I've seen in the past but it *is* worth a try and will not damage the disks *if* you use a microfibre cloth.
Old 03-29-13, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Have either of you tried cleaning them? I've gotten quite a few disks that have residue much like what you describe and I clean them with a microfibre cloth and rubbing alcohol. So far I've been able to clean the residue and the disks work just fine. That said, I did *not* purchase the Arbuckle set so don't know for sure if what you guys are seeing is what I've seen in the past but it *is* worth a try and will not damage the disks *if* you use a microfibre cloth.
I ran some hot tap water over them and appears to have cleaned them and they seem to play okay. If it were not for the price and the hassle of returning it, I would have.
Old 03-29-13, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I bought a NEW set that SHOULD play right out of the package, not one that I need to clean in order for it to play. No matter how much I paid for the set, I still purchased a NEW set, not a used one that was advertised as being potentially and possibly defective. I got a refund and will order another, hoping it will work. Thanks again to Ernestrp for the alert!
Old 03-30-13, 09:05 AM

I bought a NEW set that SHOULD play right out of the package, not one that I need to clean in order for it to play. No matter how much I paid for the set, I still purchased a NEW set, not a used one that was advertised as being potentially and possibly defective. I got a refund and will order another, hoping it will work. Thanks again to Ernestrp for the alert!
That's why I always open every DVD I purchase online, new or used, no matter who from, to be sure I'm not getting a problem.
Old 03-30-13, 09:55 AM

Great Pre-Order price on a fantastic new collection of Universal War films, two of which have never been released and four of which were only released on MOD. A little over a dollar a movie!

WAR Mongers
Thanks for the 411 Professor! A great deal!
Old 03-31-13, 04:37 PM

WAR Mongers
Just saw that there is a Western set too. Saw it at Wal-mart for $9.96, its $12.99 on Amazon....several Audie Murphy films...
http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Wester...f=pd_sim_mov_5
Old 03-31-13, 07:19 PM

I am still waiting on my Fatty Arbuckle discs, is anyone else?
Old 03-31-13, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by AdamGott
I am still waiting on my Fatty Arbuckle discs, is anyone else?
I think there is a backlog in applying the dirty coating and resealing the packages.
Old 04-05-13, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Person of Interest Season 1 for $14.96:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...on+of+interest
Old 04-07-13, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Second set of FATTY discs just as grimy as the first set. At this point I am thinking of contacting the manufacturer to find out if there is an exchange program for the defective discs. If not, I may buy the set USED and make sure beforehand the discs are not coated in crap.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.