Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Importcds.com 10% off coupon (expires 6/24)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-12, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save 10% off your entire order!
Now through June 24th, enter promo code "SAVE10" when you checkout for the savings to appear in your cart. No minimum purchase required and no limits on use.
http://www.importcds.com/LP/Summer-Sale-2012
Old 06-01-12, 10:22 AM

Re: Importcds.com 10% off coupon (expires 6/24)

Do you know, is there anyway to get free shipping from ImportCds?
Old 06-01-12, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In case someone has had issues with deep discount, they own this place too. I haven't had as many issues with them as DD but the one time I did it was a big issue.
Old 06-01-12, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes
Do you know, is there anyway to get free shipping from ImportCds?
No, ImportCDs is pretty forthright about their shipping in the vein of CD Universe: $3 for the first item, $1.50 for each additional. It seems like a lot if you only find out after adding a lot to your cart, but if you keep this in mind while shopping and mentally add $1.50 to each additional item, I've still found some good deals. FYI, their Synapse titles appear to be on sale. I just added Vampire Circus to my cart, after the 10% discount + $3 shipping it's $14.77. DeepDiscount's 25% off sale prices it at $15.30. So ImportCD's cheap prices can sometimes balance out their shipping fees; I've bought Mondo Macabro DVDs from them in the past.

Also, their web site's much easier to navigate than DeepDiscount. Much easier to sign in to your account & add/delete items from cart. I haven't had any customer service issues with them, though, so Mister Peepers can weigh in on that.

My only complaint, same as Deep Discount & DVD Planet, is mailing out DVDs in those uncushioned unprotective white poly mailers. I wouldn't buy anything particularly bulky from them (they charge additional for sets anyway).
Old 06-02-12, 12:15 AM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Around December of last year I placed an order with this website, they literally took over a month to send me out my order, and even then, they only mailed it out in bits and pieces, even though every CD said it was in stock when I ordered it and everytime I checked. They definitely won't be getting my business anymore, just a little buyer beware. If I knew their service was that questionable, I never would have given them my money.
Old 06-02-12, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
In case someone has had issues with deep discount, they own this place too. I haven't had as many issues with them as DD but the one time I did it was a big issue.
You beat me to it! Somewhere on this forum, I posted a list of some of the numerous retailers (the ones I'm aware of; I suspect my list wasn't complete) owned by cd wholesaler "Super D", of which DD & IC are 2. I've taken to calling them "the evil empire".
Old 06-02-12, 10:32 AM

I've had good experiences in all my orders with them. The pricing on Olive titles, for example, is as low as you can get, especially if you order more than a couple and pay the $1.50 handling fee (it's $1.50 for the whole order; only the shipping is per-title).
Old 06-02-12, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish this coupon would be around long enough to use on that Dark Shadows complete series box set.
Old 06-03-12, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
You beat me to it! Somewhere on this forum, I posted a list of some of the numerous retailers (the ones I'm aware of; I suspect my list wasn't complete) owned by cd wholesaler "Super D", of which DD & IC are 2. I've taken to calling them "the evil empire".
Yep. I think they also own DVD Planet. What about SecondSpin & Wherehouse?

http://www.sdcd.com/
Corporate Office and Distribution Center:
Super D
17822 Gillette Ave #A
Irvine CA, 92614
Who else is located in Irvine?
Old 06-03-12, 04:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
WOW...I never knew that...I have never had any problem with importcds.com BUT have had MANY issues with DD. Strange!!!
Old 06-04-12, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

They have the same owner, but the fulfillment operations are completely different. At least it is for CDs and music items.
Old 06-04-12, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
They have the same owner, but the fulfillment operations are completely different. At least it is for CDs and music items.
It is for DVDs as well.
Old 06-04-12, 09:09 AM

How do you add pre-order items to your cart? I'm in for the Olive titles but can't find an 'add to cart' button.
Old 06-04-12, 09:21 AM

Well, I was able to pre-order Red Scorpion, but not Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Weird!
Old 06-04-12, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by akiramole
Well, I was able to pre-order Red Scorpion, but not Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Weird!
They seem to have a time frame for how far in advance you can place pre-orders. Right now the most advance preorders I've found are for June 26th release dates. I guess tomorrow I'll look up a July 3rd release, and if it's available tomorrow then we can calculate their preorder policy to be 4 weeks in advance? (Body Snatchers is released 7/17, and I keep checking up on a 7/10 release myself)

Here, I picked at random a DVD being released on 7/3. I'll check back later in the week to see if it's available for pre-order.
Old 06-04-12, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
Yep. I think they also own DVD Planet. What about SecondSpin & Wherehouse?
Second Spin and Wherehouse are owned by TWEC, the parent company of FYE.
Old 06-04-12, 02:57 PM

Does this coupon work on pre-orders?
Old 06-04-12, 03:11 PM

They seem to have a time frame for how far in advance you can place pre-orders. Right now the most advance preorders I've found are for June 26th release dates. I guess tomorrow I'll look up a July 3rd release, and if it's available tomorrow then we can calculate their preorder policy to be 4 weeks in advance? (Body Snatchers is released 7/17, and I keep checking up on a 7/10 release myself)

Here, I picked at random a DVD being released on 7/3. I'll check back later in the week to see if it's available for pre-order.
Thanks Living Deadpan. That makes sense. I probably should've figured that out on my own.
Old 06-05-12, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by akiramole
Thanks Living Deadpan. That makes sense. I probably should've figured that out on my own.
I just tested the link, and indeed this 7/3 release is available for preorder. Thus, 4 weeks in advance. Which means you should be able to place a preorder for Body Snatchers on June 19th. The last Tuesday before the coupon expires.

How have those Olive releases been so far? I'm rather curious about Tales That Witness Madness.
Old 06-08-12, 07:37 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I placed an order of CDs with a couple pre-orders (one out next week, one out next month). Do they hold the order until the pre-orders come in, or do they send things out as they are available?
Old 06-08-12, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by joltman
I placed an order of CDs with a couple pre-orders (one out next week, one out next month). Do they hold the order until the pre-orders come in, or do they send things out as they are available?
My experience has been that they send things out in two shipments. The first includes what they have available at the time of your initial order. (That might include the item you say will be released next week.) About a month later they send remaining preordered/backordered items. If there is still an item not in stock in time for the second shipment they will cancel it.

My orders have been pretty large - 15-20 CDs and DVDs. They have never sent things out one or two at a time.
Old 06-08-12, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

do they have a phone number to call? I need to cancel an item. I emailed but didn't get a reply.
Old 06-11-12, 01:43 PM

Despite the shipping fees there's some decent deals to be had if you go title by title in your want list.

I haven't found Amer blu-ray cheaper than $21 anywhere, but it's about $18 with coupon, shipping and tax. Same for Love Exposure DVD; the cheapest I saw online was $19.96 (including tax), it's on importcds for about $15.99 (including coupon, shipping and tax).

Also got Frankenhooker for about $12.50 and the Grindhouse double feature was about a buck less than anywhere else, even with all the additional charges.

What annoys me is that I live in Irvine -- I could literally drive over the warehouse and pick up my movies -- but they're still gonna charge me to ship it a few miles!
Old 06-12-12, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
I wish this coupon would be around long enough to use on that Dark Shadows complete original series box set.
$345.18 Shipped. Use coupon code: SAVE10

http://www.importcds.com/Movies/2396...nal-Series-DVD
Old 06-16-12, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just placed an order. Prices after 10% discount:

Rifftrax: Crater Lake Monster DVD $4.89
Rifftrax: Galaxy Invader DVD $4.89
Rifftrax: Hand-Crafted Artisanal Shorts DVD $4.89
Twins Of Evil DVD/BD COMBO (PRE-ORDER) $14.12

SubTotal Item Cost: $28.79
Shipping: $7.46
TOTAL: $36.25

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.