Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Old 12-19-11, 04:54 AM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CT.
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

I was searching through the HBO sale at Bestbuy.com and noticed that Big Love the complete collection is the same price at bestbuy.com as one season of the show at $24.99. It does appear that it is valid for the buy 3, get a $10.00 gift card, but it's still a pretty good price.
Old 12-19-11, 05:05 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: TN
Posts: 1,326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Thanks for posting but the title should probably read $24.99 per season rather than "complete series $24.99".
Old 12-19-11, 05:08 AM
  #3  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CT.
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

From what I can tell, the complete series is $24.99, not just one season. It shows a MSRP of $199.99 and the sale price for that item is $24.99
Old 12-19-11, 05:15 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
EdTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 14,597
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

It's also saying that it's only 5 discs. I'd be amazed if they actually honor this very obvious mistake.
Old 12-19-11, 05:19 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: TN
Posts: 1,326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Originally Posted by rav523 View Post
From what I can tell, the complete series is $24.99, not just one season. It shows a MSRP of $199.99 and the sale price for that item is $24.99
Sorry, see what you mean. Ridiculous deal if they honor it.
Old 12-19-11, 07:34 AM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 145
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

They had this up yesterday morning (12/18) and then it was taken down, which I assumed was to correct the price. Crazy it's back up again.
Old 12-19-11, 08:10 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: TN
Posts: 1,326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

I've watched the entire series and loved it but never really considered purchasing the series. I'll take a jab at that price. The worst they can do is cancel. Thanks OP.
Old 12-19-11, 08:28 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Cabin in the Woods
Posts: 862
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Gave this a shot too!
Old 12-19-11, 08:45 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,153
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

I think the best chance to get this deal would be in store pick up. However it shows as unavailable at all the stores near me. Not sure if it shows as unavailable everywhere. Perhaps we will get another $10 coupon for a pricing mistake as we did with Ben Hur blu ray Black Friday deal. Ben Hur was an actual deal that was over sold. They called it a pricing error in canceling the orders. This is actually a pricing error. The $24.99 price is actual sale price on individual seasons not the whole series.
Old 12-19-11, 08:48 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Cabin in the Woods
Posts: 862
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Best Buy canceled my order, but I think it has more to do with the fact that I was using a mail-forwarding service address.
Old 12-19-11, 09:11 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Marina Del Rey, California
Posts: 10,011
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

I actually spotted this one yesterday morning. Mine just shipped apparently. Perhaps if you got an order in early yesterday it got through the system undetected or something.
Old 12-19-11, 09:49 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Cabin in the Woods
Posts: 862
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Originally Posted by starseed1981 View Post
I actually spotted this one yesterday morning. Mine just shipped apparently. Perhaps if you got an order in early yesterday it got through the system undetected or something.
I'm fairly certain mine was canceled independantly from the pricing error, I'd encourage anyone who still want to give this a shot to try!
Old 12-19-11, 09:54 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 14,469
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Just do you know, it looks to be seleted episodes throughout the entire series, so it's not the complete series itself. Per BestBuy.com:

Spoiler:


Synopsis
Includes:
  • Big Love: Where There's a Will (2006)
  • Big Love: Easter (2006)
  • Big Love: Affair (2006)
  • Big Love: Eclipse (2006)
  • Big Love: Roberta's Funeral (2006)
  • Big Love: Eviction (2006)
  • Big Love: A Barbecue for Betty (2006)
  • Big Love: The Baptism (2006)
  • Big Love: Pilot (2006)
  • Big Love: Viagra Blue (2006)
  • Big Love: Home Invasion (2006)
  • Big Love: The Ceremony (2006)
  • Big Love: Oh, Pioneers (2007)
  • Big Love: The Writing on the Wall (2007)
  • Big Love: Reunion (2007)
  • Big Love: Rock and a Hard Place (2007)
  • Big Love: Vision Thing (2007)
  • Big Love: Damage Control (2007)
  • Big Love: Good Guys and Bad Guys (2007)
  • Big Love: Kingdom Come (2007)
  • Big Love: Circle the Wagons (2007)
  • Big Love: The Happiest Girl (2007)
  • Big Love: Take Me as I Am (2007)
  • Big Love: Dating Game (2007)
  • Big Love: Come, Ye Saints (2009)
  • Big Love: Fight or Flight (2009)
  • Big Love: Rough Edges (2009)
  • Big Love: Outer Darkness (2009)
  • Big Love: Sacrament (2009)
  • Big Love: Block Party (2009)
  • Big Love: Empire (2009)
  • Big Love: Prom Queen (2009)
  • Big Love: On Trial (2009)
  • Big Love: For Better or for Worse (2009)
  • Big Love: End of Days (2010)
  • Big Love: Next Ticket Out (2010)
  • Big Love: The Mighty and Strong (2010)
  • Big Love: Strange Bedfellows (2010)
  • Big Love: Free at Last (2010)
  • Big Love: Under One Roof (2010)
  • Big Love: Sins of the Father (2010)
  • Big Love: Blood Atonement (2010)
  • Big Love: The Greater Good (2010)
  • Big Love: The Noose Tightens (2011)
  • Big Love: Exorcism (2011)
  • Big Love: When Men and Mountains Meet (2011)
  • Big Love: Certain Poor Shepards (2011)
  • Big Love: The Oath (2011)
  • Big Love: A Seat at the Table (2011)
  • Big Love: The Special Relationship (2011)
  • Big Love: D.I.V.O.R.C.E. (2011)
  • Big Love: Til Death Do Us Part (2011)
  • Big Love: Winter (2011)


Nevermind, looks to be the whole series. Buty only on 5 discs? Sounds odd.
Old 12-19-11, 09:56 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Marina Del Rey, California
Posts: 10,011
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
Just do you know, it looks to be seleted episodes throughout the entire series, so it's not the complete series itself. Per BestBuy.com:

Spoiler:


Synopsis
Includes:
  • Big Love: Where There's a Will (2006)
  • Big Love: Easter (2006)
  • Big Love: Affair (2006)
  • Big Love: Eclipse (2006)
  • Big Love: Roberta's Funeral (2006)
  • Big Love: Eviction (2006)
  • Big Love: A Barbecue for Betty (2006)
  • Big Love: The Baptism (2006)
  • Big Love: Pilot (2006)
  • Big Love: Viagra Blue (2006)
  • Big Love: Home Invasion (2006)
  • Big Love: The Ceremony (2006)
  • Big Love: Oh, Pioneers (2007)
  • Big Love: The Writing on the Wall (2007)
  • Big Love: Reunion (2007)
  • Big Love: Rock and a Hard Place (2007)
  • Big Love: Vision Thing (2007)
  • Big Love: Damage Control (2007)
  • Big Love: Good Guys and Bad Guys (2007)
  • Big Love: Kingdom Come (2007)
  • Big Love: Circle the Wagons (2007)
  • Big Love: The Happiest Girl (2007)
  • Big Love: Take Me as I Am (2007)
  • Big Love: Dating Game (2007)
  • Big Love: Come, Ye Saints (2009)
  • Big Love: Fight or Flight (2009)
  • Big Love: Rough Edges (2009)
  • Big Love: Outer Darkness (2009)
  • Big Love: Sacrament (2009)
  • Big Love: Block Party (2009)
  • Big Love: Empire (2009)
  • Big Love: Prom Queen (2009)
  • Big Love: On Trial (2009)
  • Big Love: For Better or for Worse (2009)
  • Big Love: End of Days (2010)
  • Big Love: Next Ticket Out (2010)
  • Big Love: The Mighty and Strong (2010)
  • Big Love: Strange Bedfellows (2010)
  • Big Love: Free at Last (2010)
  • Big Love: Under One Roof (2010)
  • Big Love: Sins of the Father (2010)
  • Big Love: Blood Atonement (2010)
  • Big Love: The Greater Good (2010)
  • Big Love: The Noose Tightens (2011)
  • Big Love: Exorcism (2011)
  • Big Love: When Men and Mountains Meet (2011)
  • Big Love: Certain Poor Shepards (2011)
  • Big Love: The Oath (2011)
  • Big Love: A Seat at the Table (2011)
  • Big Love: The Special Relationship (2011)
  • Big Love: D.I.V.O.R.C.E. (2011)
  • Big Love: Til Death Do Us Part (2011)
  • Big Love: Winter (2011)
They have the same issues on nearly every series they list on the site.
Old 12-19-11, 09:59 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,153
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
Just do you know, it looks to be seleted episodes throughout the entire series, so it's not the complete series itself. Per BestBuy.com:

Spoiler:


Synopsis
Includes:
  • Big Love: Where There's a Will (2006)
  • Big Love: Easter (2006)
  • Big Love: Affair (2006)
  • Big Love: Eclipse (2006)
  • Big Love: Roberta's Funeral (2006)
  • Big Love: Eviction (2006)
  • Big Love: A Barbecue for Betty (2006)
  • Big Love: The Baptism (2006)
  • Big Love: Pilot (2006)
  • Big Love: Viagra Blue (2006)
  • Big Love: Home Invasion (2006)
  • Big Love: The Ceremony (2006)
  • Big Love: Oh, Pioneers (2007)
  • Big Love: The Writing on the Wall (2007)
  • Big Love: Reunion (2007)
  • Big Love: Rock and a Hard Place (2007)
  • Big Love: Vision Thing (2007)
  • Big Love: Damage Control (2007)
  • Big Love: Good Guys and Bad Guys (2007)
  • Big Love: Kingdom Come (2007)
  • Big Love: Circle the Wagons (2007)
  • Big Love: The Happiest Girl (2007)
  • Big Love: Take Me as I Am (2007)
  • Big Love: Dating Game (2007)
  • Big Love: Come, Ye Saints (2009)
  • Big Love: Fight or Flight (2009)
  • Big Love: Rough Edges (2009)
  • Big Love: Outer Darkness (2009)
  • Big Love: Sacrament (2009)
  • Big Love: Block Party (2009)
  • Big Love: Empire (2009)
  • Big Love: Prom Queen (2009)
  • Big Love: On Trial (2009)
  • Big Love: For Better or for Worse (2009)
  • Big Love: End of Days (2010)
  • Big Love: Next Ticket Out (2010)
  • Big Love: The Mighty and Strong (2010)
  • Big Love: Strange Bedfellows (2010)
  • Big Love: Free at Last (2010)
  • Big Love: Under One Roof (2010)
  • Big Love: Sins of the Father (2010)
  • Big Love: Blood Atonement (2010)
  • Big Love: The Greater Good (2010)
  • Big Love: The Noose Tightens (2011)
  • Big Love: Exorcism (2011)
  • Big Love: When Men and Mountains Meet (2011)
  • Big Love: Certain Poor Shepards (2011)
  • Big Love: The Oath (2011)
  • Big Love: A Seat at the Table (2011)
  • Big Love: The Special Relationship (2011)
  • Big Love: D.I.V.O.R.C.E. (2011)
  • Big Love: Til Death Do Us Part (2011)
  • Big Love: Winter (2011)
I believe you are mistaken. There are only the season sets and the complete series set releases for Big Love. There was never a release of selected episodes from all seasons. The Best Buy listing with its cheap price is wrong.
Old 12-19-11, 02:27 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,472
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

I received a shipping notice already. I hope I actually get the complete series.
Old 12-19-11, 02:33 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 14,469
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
I believe you are mistaken. There are only the season sets and the complete series set releases for Big Love. There was never a release of selected episodes from all seasons. The Best Buy listing with its cheap price is wrong.
That's why I put nevermind, looks to be the whole series at the end of my post.
Old 12-19-11, 03:04 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SALEM, OR
Posts: 1,482
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

In for one! Don't like the series that much, but for the price I'll take a risk. Worst case, amazing present for the parents or siblings.
Old 12-19-11, 03:17 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Daryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: You might catch me in Atlanta, looking like a boss
Posts: 13,717
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

I'll give it a shot. I only need season 5, which is also $25, but I'll take the whole series and sell off the individual first four seasons I already own
Old 12-19-11, 03:30 PM
  #20  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 185
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Got a shipping notice for my order earlier today.
Old 12-19-11, 03:31 PM
  #21  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

sucks im outside usa
Old 12-19-11, 03:34 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,220
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know what kind of packaging is used? Are the discs in actual cases or a box were you have to slide the discs in and out?
Old 12-19-11, 03:35 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,652
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

It is nice that they guarantee delivery by Christmas right now, so they are shipping faster than usual. Hopefully we'll all get in on this before they catch the mistake... Fingers are crossed!
Old 12-19-11, 04:03 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 892
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

for this price, I'm in as well. Credit card got denied but just called to fix that. fingers crossed.
Old 12-19-11, 04:18 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,153
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Love complete series $24.99 at Bestbuy.com

Mine shipped. Will be interesting to see what I get.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.