Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-11, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Got Walker, Texas Ranger: The Fourth Season today. $6

I wonder if it was a return or they got new stock in or it was sitting in the back and they put it out.

Now all I need is seasons 1-3 and 7 to complete the series.
Old 12-16-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the following two BL stores i went to today in chicago/Niles...starting with Chicago - Diversey Ave - Heroes S1-3, Bilko S1, Reaper S1-2, 90210, the old show S2-3, My Three Sons S1-S2 V1, Twin peaks S2, Sabrina S3,
7th heaven S2 and S8, Hawaii 5-0 S4 and S6, Hope and faith S1, Dead Zone S1, Diagnosis Murder and Nurse Jackie S1 each, Lipstick Jungle s1, House S1 and in niles, pickings are slim as I got Hotel S1 for a friend of mine and not too much else.
Old 12-16-11, 08:57 PM

Stopped at my Big Lots north of Atlanta today on Canton Road. Didn't see any of the newest stuff mentioned excpet the Sgt Bilko and maybe a Sabrina S3. Other than that, it seemed to be all old stuff like Stealth, some Star Trek, Swing Vote, Kis Kis BAng Bang, etc.
Old 12-17-11, 08:50 PM
Cool New Member

Not my bag, but tons of Lucy Show box seasons at the BL in Torrington, CT(at least 12 of various seasons.) Also saw Bilko, According to Jim, Reaper, Fugitive. They're on and end cap in cardboard pallets. Bought House Season 1 as a gift for my sister.
Old 12-18-11, 07:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nick1091
Not my bag, but tons of Lucy Show box seasons at the BL in Torrington, CT(at least 12 of various seasons.) Also saw Bilko, According to Jim, Reaper, Fugitive. They're on and end cap in cardboard pallets. Bought House Season 1 as a gift for my sister.
I always wonder what determines which stores get what. I've specifically been looking for Lucy S1 & S2 - and there wasn't one to be had here in NJ. All I saw was one copy of S3 (which I already own) at the S. Plainfield store.
Old 12-18-11, 07:56 PM

Saw all 3 Lucys at the Trenton NJ store last week.
Old 12-18-11, 08:06 PM

Today, I saw one copy of Jake and the Fatman. I think it was S1V2. I don't remember that one being reported before. I didn't buy it, though, because I'm not interested in it.
Old 12-18-11, 08:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by barbybrant
Saw all 3 Lucys at the Trenton NJ store last week.
I'm in north Jersey - but thanks tho.
Old 12-18-11, 08:53 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Mickactual
I always wonder what determines which stores get what. I've specifically been looking for Lucy S1 & S2 - and there wasn't one to be had here in NJ. All I saw was one copy of S3 (which I already own) at the S. Plainfield store.
I've wondered that also. I remember when the $3 ESPN 3-packs were everywhere, I saw an abundance of every set but the one I wanted (Tilt/Playmakers.) Also am curious if there are just always random new shipments or if boxes of DVD sit in the back for a while. I remember visiting a few places just to get Windy City Heat (and that was probably 6 months ago), and now Torrington is lousy with copies.
Old 12-19-11, 04:59 AM

Went to two big lots yesterday. 2738 Candler Rd Decatur Ga. and the one in Lithonia. Nothing too exciting, and now I can't recall what I saw where, but I did still see a fair number of the $10 tv shows. Well, I do recall that at the Decatur store seeing for the first time, the My Three Sons sets, 3 different half season sets. Also saw a few S1 Crossing Jordan (A few flashbacks to last year for sure) and 2 S2 Brady Bunch, first time to see those. Again, the sets were mostly buried. I also saw one Fugitive (s1 v2?) Heroes, and some somewhat better Blu-Ray titles for $8. Which ones??? Shoot, can't remember titles, I just noticed they were different(hidden of course) and seemed like bigger titles....

Lithonia had all 3 Lucy show seasons that we have seen, and House S1...again hidden. I did my usual anal retentive former retailer thing of putting Christmas titles up front and filling out the $10 TV show display(well, Lithonia didn't have that, so one upper row) No doubt some managers/district Managers want them hidden, like it's a treasure hunt, and then you will find all those wonderful copies of 41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It that you must purchase with that TV show...

Oh, I was the only white guy in either store.... don't know how much it would matter to some folks, but I imagine some people would feel funny about that!
Old 12-19-11, 05:52 AM

Slightly OT, but perhaps folks who picked up Heroes S1 - S3 at Big Lots might like to know that Heroes S4 is $8.99 at Target this week.
Old 12-19-11, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Nothing new here but the "last minute Christmas bargain hunters" are *finally* clearing out some older stock. I saw several people loading up on titles like there was no tomorrow! The 4 very full flats are down to 2 1/2 or so and the wire rack is only about half full. At least when new stuff arrives it'll be a bit easier to find.
Old 12-19-11, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supermike07
Some stores purposely remove them as they put them on the shelf. I've seen my local Best Buy employees do this before, and when I ask why they say "Because no one cares about them." That said, they would rather throw them in the trash then sell the DVD/Blu-ray like it was originally meant to be sold.
Wow, how rude. Really makes you wonder if they mess up any other new merchandise? Maybe they remove the silica packets from the camera and laptop bags?

As for BL, I assumed the missing slipcovers was a way of marking the DVD's as closeout merchandise, sort of one step above slashing the bar codes. When was the last time BL sold a DVD with a non-shrinkwrapped slipcover?

In other news, the Lancaster store did eventually put out a small display of Christmas DVD's: Scrooged, Christmas with the Kranks, etc. Nothing too impressive, but they were also somewhat picked over.
Old 12-19-11, 07:43 PM

Add Mod Squad S2V2 to the list. I picked up the only copy.
Old 12-19-11, 07:52 PM

$10.00
The Reaper: Season 1
The Reaper: Season 2
Old 12-19-11, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thetao
When was the last time BL sold a DVD with a non-shrinkwrapped slipcover?
Ime, The Disney TV series, such as Samantha Who? and October Road from a few months back. A couple weeks later I also found one store that had over a dozen National Treasure's with their slipcovers unshrinked, but it was only that one store where I saw that.
Old 12-20-11, 12:02 PM

I forgot to mention I finally saw some $10 shows on a bottom row at Big lots Fayetteville GA a few days ago...Reaper, none of the others shows, but did see a title I don't think has been mentioned before, Secret Diary of a Call Girl: Season One. You can get it cheaper on amazon, at least from Resellers..also appears to be out of print....
Old 12-24-11, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by berigan
Went to two big lots yesterday. 2738 Candler Rd Decatur Ga. and the one in Lithonia. .... Well, I do recall that at the Decatur store seeing for the first time, the My Three Sons sets, 3 different half season sets. Also saw a few S1 Crossing Jordan (A few flashbacks to last year for sure) and 2 S2 Brady Bunch, first time to see those. Again, the sets were mostly buried. I also saw one Fugitive (s1 v2?) Heroes, and some somewhat better Blu-Ray titles for $8. Which ones??? Shoot, can't remember titles, I just noticed they were different(hidden of course) and seemed like bigger titles....
Berigan: I really appreciate your updates for the Atlanta area (mostly south side). I'd been thinking about going out to try to find some of the My Three Sons sets. Because of your post, I didn't have to check a lot of stores. I drove out to the Decatur store last night and picked up all three (3) of the My Three Sons sets as well as the Fugitive (s1, v2) and a copy of Trauma (s1).

Thanks for keeping us informed!!
Old 12-25-11, 04:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New Big Lots flyer shows DVD's will be reduced to a whopping (gulp) $2.88 starting Monday. Big whoops.
LINK
Old 12-26-11, 03:53 PM

I saw the single-disc Angels and Demons today. I picked up:

$2.88
Ben 10: The Complete Season 2
The Sandlot: Heading Home

$1.88
Hey Babu Riba

Would be nice to see the other seasons of Ben 10 show up. I really don't like picking up a random season of something and paying more for the rest,
Old 12-27-11, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Pearl (Tacoma, WA) got small $3 & $5 batches. They were picked over by the time I got to them.

Highlights:
$5 An American In Paris (slashed)
$5 A Star Is Born (slashed)
$3 Monty Python & Now For Something Completely Different
$3 Invasion of The Star People/Invasion of The Bee Girls
$3 Bronco Billy
Old 12-27-11, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Pearl (Tacoma, WA) got small $3 & $5 batches. They were picked over by the time I got to them.

Highlights:
$5 An American In Paris (slashed)
$5 A Star Is Born (slashed)
$3 Monty Python & Now For Something Completely Different
$3 Invasion of The Star People/Invasion of The Bee Girls
$3 Bronco Billy
Which A Star is Born???
Old 12-27-11, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Which A Star is Born???
I saw the two disc version, but it was slashed.
Old 12-27-11, 11:02 PM

I forgot to mention that when I was there the other day, I saw 2 copies of Brokeback Mountain (2-disc) with $10 price tags. When I noticed the first one, I wondered if someone had bought it and a $10 box set and changed the tags and returned it, but seeing it twice made me think Big Lots actually priced it $10. Glad I paid $1.88 for it.
Old 12-28-11, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by berigan
Which A Star is Born???
Garland

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.