Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target $5 tv series on dvd

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-12, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Target $5 tv series on dvd

^Same here. But I *was* able to get one of the 2 copies of the S3/S4 sets on the shelf here this morning. They also had 2 copies of S1/S2 and it was very tempting simply to have consistency in the packaging (yeah... I know...). So I get back to the office and check Amazon to find they have S4 for as little as $7.50 from a MP vendor and ~$8 from a few "fulfilled by Amazon" vendors. I'd have saved another $1 or so in gas/tax had I bothered to look there first. Oh well... At least I have it. Now all I have to do is unload that S3 set somewhere...
Old 12-05-12, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorWhosScarf
I got the season 3-4 set yesterday at Target for $7.50. If I knew they were going to have a season 1-2 set for $7.50 I wouldn't have bought seasons 1 and 2 separately for $5 each a few months ago.
If it's less than 90 days and you haven't opened them, you could return them. Of course that's probably unlikely. I paid $4 each but I would've waited too had I known they would have 2-packs.
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
The show changes drastically in S2. S4 takes place on Earth. Personally, I love Lexx. Lexx and Farscape overlapped. It was a good era of sci-fi on TV... I have the original, expensive as fuck releases... For the price, I think it's a no-brainer...
After I posted I watched an episode from S3 (first episode free on Amazon). I know I shouldn't jump around between episodes, but I wanted to see if the show retains its weirdness that intrigued me. It's the first show I saw with the new Xev who I have to say I don't care for much, but at least it retains its creativity and weirdness that kept me watching. So I've seen episodes 1 and 2 of S1 and episode 1 of S2 and S3.
Old 12-05-12, 04:37 PM

Anyone ever see the Tabatha Takes Over show there? I heard it is exclusive to Target but I never see it nor is it on the website. It will make the perfect gift for someone I know!
Old 12-06-12, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manzana
After I posted I watched an episode from S3 (first episode free on Amazon). I know I shouldn't jump around between episodes, but I wanted to see if the show retains its weirdness that intrigued me. It's the first show I saw with the new Xev who I have to say I don't care for much, but at least it retains its creativity and weirdness that kept me watching. So I've seen episodes 1 and 2 of S1 and episode 1 of S2 and S3.
I started watching the show with S2 initially, so when I first saw the original Xev, I didn't care for her much. So I actually I prefer the 2nd Xev!
Old 12-06-12, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I started watching the show with S2 initially, so when I first saw the original Xev, I didn't care for her much. So I actually I prefer the 2nd Xev!
Having bought the original Canadian versions when they were released eons ago, I found that I really liked the quirkyness of this series.

As far as sexuality goes, I preferred the original Xev (Eva Haberman) over her successor Xenia Seeburg. The girl who plays Bunny in Seasons 2 / 4 is also a looker.

I did not exactly care for the over the top, balls to the wall parody tone of Season 4.

But the original 4 movies and the remainder of the series have always remained a favorite series of mine.

Lots of good info out on the web about this series if one care to look. For those trying to comprehend it all (especially in the beginning) read the Wikipedia entry on Lexx for a good synopsis.
Old 01-26-13, 10:35 AM
Cool New Member

Picked up Degrassi: The Complete 10th Season
Old 05-16-13, 10:00 AM

I saw Conviction: The Complete Series and The Cape: Complete Series regularly $5, on sale until May 25th for $3.99, in-store only. As a fan of Community, I have to pick up The Cape, but it's out of stock everywhere around me.
Old 05-16-13, 11:55 AM

I recently purchased Conviction at Big Lots for $5. The red haired Julianne Nicholson is a babe.
Old 05-16-13, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I preferred the original Xev (Eva Haberman) over her successor Xenia Seeburg.
Have not seen the series, nor mini-series - just various pixs. I agree, Seeburg looks more... masculine (in the face). I would still like to pick up the collections; original releases.
Old 05-16-13, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's interesting that some stores still have these, the $5 section went away at all the stores in my area sometime in 2012. No sign of The Cape, Conviction, etc.
Old 05-16-13, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
It's interesting that some stores still have these, the $5 section went away at all the stores in my area sometime in 2012. No sign of The Cape, Conviction, etc.
There wasn't a whole $5 section, just an endcap with various tv shows and mini-series under $10. The Cape and Conviction were the only ones priced at $5. I remember seeing Alf seasons 1 & 2 for $6.99 each, and Gilligan's Island seasons for $8.99, I think. Oh, and at the registers, I saw season 1 of the Office for $5.
Old 05-17-13, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
There wasn't a whole $5 section, just an endcap with various tv shows and mini-series under $10. The Cape and Conviction were the only ones priced at $5. I remember seeing Alf seasons 1 & 2 for $6.99 each, and Gilligan's Island seasons for $8.99, I think. Oh, and at the registers, I saw season 1 of the Office for $5.
Ah. I haven't seen any of those either, but it sounds like a good thing. The more TV shows the better imo. Thanks for the information.
Old 05-17-13, 10:58 PM

I picked up The Cape last week, might go back to get Conviction (think I'll search out review first).
Old 05-18-13, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by bobert3
I picked up The Cape last week, might go back to get Conviction (think I'll search out review first).
Thanks. Didn't know the Cape was available. Ordered it with store pickup. $5.00 plus tax isn't bad.
Old 05-18-13, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Picked up the complete 2007 Flash Gordon series for $7.99 today. A four discs set with anamorphic transfers. It's a Mill Creek release, so it might end up $5 eventually.

I remember this show being enjoyably bad, so I was happy to see it finally got a US release.
Old 05-19-13, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
I saw Conviction: The Complete Series and The Cape: Complete Series regularly $5, on sale until May 25th for $3.99, in-store only. As a fan of Community, I have to pick up The Cape, but it's out of stock everywhere around me.
One store that initially said "out of stock" changed to "limited stock," so I drove over there today. I was kind of glad I did since I found some good clearance items: Teen Wolf season 1 and Friends with Kids (Target exclusive DVD) for $5.06 each and Friends with Benefits blu-ray for $2.61. Plus I got the last copy of the Cape.