Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Target Media Prices (September 5 - 11, 2010)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target Media Prices (September 5 - 11, 2010)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-10, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Media Prices (September 5 - 11, 2010)

planning on buying Sara Bareilles CD.
Old 09-07-10, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

After work I had to go to two Targets to find "The Office". The first one just had a single Blu-Ray copy (without the "Target Exclusive" sticker on it) left.

I'm going to hold off on opening it until I get confirmation that the added footage in the two extended episodes isn't duplicated in the deleted scenes section of the main DVDs. If it is, then I'll just return it and wait for a price drop.

Glad I didn't bite on the BB exclusive: a couple of montages of what sounds like all old footage and a shirt that won't fit.
Old 09-07-10, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJLinus
After work I had to go to two Targets to find "The Office". The first one just had a single Blu-Ray copy (without the "Target Exclusive" sticker on it) left.

I'm going to hold off on opening it until I get confirmation that the added footage in the two extended episodes isn't duplicated in the deleted scenes section of the main DVDs. If it is, then I'll just return it and wait for a price drop.

Glad I didn't bite on the BB exclusive: a couple of montages of what sounds like all old footage and a shirt that won't fit.
Credit to someone at OfficeTally for pointing this out to me, but the Home Theater Forum did an extensive review of The Office: Season Six on Blu-ray and lists all of the deleted scenes and their corresponding episodes and nothing is listed for either "Sabre" or "Whistleblower" (the two extended episodes contained on the Target disc) so it looks like the content is actually only available on the Target disc.

I picked up the Best Buy Exclusive and had a friend pick up the Target Exclusive for me since my Target didn't get any in. Was holding onto both until I could figure out which was the better bonus disc and it looks like Target is the way to go. I'll be returning the Best Buy Exclusive later this week.
Old 09-07-10, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vmars
I wish we could go back to when targets bonus discs were actually part of the packaging. Targets sets were usually slightly larger because they either had to use a 2 disc tray or had an extra 1 disc tray for the disc. I guess in this economy the manufacturers are trying to save every penny they possibly can.
The discs are part of the packaging in some cases. Two new WB releases (The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural) both used the extra tray in the case to hold the bonus disc. That's probably because the Blu-Ray cases they use already have the extra space, but still...

The Supernatural bonus disc was decent, too. It was a little over 30 minutes with a good amount of footage from their "100 Episodes" cast and crew party mixed in with interviews.
Old 09-07-10, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks! I had been checking Office Tally (and the comments on that site) periodically throughout the day, but that question hadn't been answered yet. Guess I can bust the DVDs open now.