Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Dollar Tree DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-23, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dollar Tree DVDs

Originally Posted by Quatermass
Went to DT today and they had all DVDs and Blu-Rays 2 for $1. The sign was just an 8x10 sheet of paper printed on a laser printer that said "All DVD and Blu-Ray 2 for $1 (limited time)". Not much selection, only 2 blu-rays, probably 100 DVDs. they were all titles that have previously been mentioned that weren't selling. I picked up 5 just to watch and probably give away to Goodwill. YMMV.

Update 3/29: I was near a different Dollar Tree today and went in to look around. They had about 40 DVDs and no Blus. there was no sign or any indication of a sale, but they had an Olive Films DVD of a French Movie called "Mammuth" which I threw in my basket. It rang up at 50 cents! So that price might be all stores.
I went to Dollar Tree today and my local one had plenty of dvds from Christmas, had to be several hundred. They are on a back endcap and troublesome to dig through, hence they rarely seem to sell. I picked up COLETTE (Keira Knightley) and BAD INFLUENCE (Rob Lowe) unaware they were on sale (no sign at all) and both rang up .50 each. I would have gone back and got more but my local DT rarely have more than two employees (only one on register) and the lines are long as hell so I decided to go back later as I was busy today. They had several copies of that Julia Roberts SNOW WHITE movie, a Josh Duhamel romance (with two different covers) - bought that one last year, a Gerard Butler action film, and other titles. I'll go back to SCORPIO (Lanaster/Delon), a Speed Racer cartoon dvd, Nicholas Nickleby (already have but great movie), the CHiPS movie, one of the Twilight titles, and a few others if they are still there. Will also look for any 2 or 3 disc sets - .50 is a great price for multi-dvd cases, will probably just trash any of those movies.
Old 04-05-23, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Um..... sell the cases for 25 cents?? I haven't even been in a dollar Tree is several months.
Looks like that's what they are now doing, selling them for 50 cents, with the movie thrown in as a "bonus".
Old 04-23-23, 08:25 PM

Bought at a second DT a few weeks ago:

Bluray -
PLANET OCEAN PBSesque documentary narrated by Josh Duhamel

DVDS -
SOMETHINGS GONNA LIVE excellent documentary on set designers and cinematographers from classic movies such as The Birds, The Ten Commandments, interviewed in their senior years
DAYS THAT SHOOK THE WORLD season two, 2 disc 10 episode set BBC
DOCTOR FOSTER BBC thriller 2 discs
AMERICAN OUTLAWS Colin Farrell western dvd so old it was in a snapper case
BREATHE Andrew Garfield
TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN not into the movies but what the hell, fifty cents

Went to my original DT this week and found after digging through the junk and grabbing a few they were back up to $1.25. I guess this was just a temporary sale to reduce the inventory.
Old 06-08-23, 08:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Last time i went to dt i scored 2 i thought worth a grab but rest no go and no sign so idk. any media they had was all in like a metal basket kinda thing they use for small travel needs so any boxes was gone since last i went any. but i think since they shot up to 1.25 that media don sell as much as before lol. no shock cause alot stuff they get is maybe b movies and below. by chance some a movies i am aware of from past years but rest is all stuff i guess was direct to media and never on tv or whatever in the past. so alot media dt gets is either stuff direct to dvd and blu ray or from over seas any by chance so unless u know a star in the media u like and love then u might grab it but rest will sit till it gets got for any reason.
Old 07-20-23, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 815 Likes on 689 Posts

I came across one location with newly opened boxes. No idea if these were held back from prior shipments or something new, though the mix of DVDs and the few BDs looked new to my eyes.

Picked up a documentary DVD on the history behind the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Old 08-05-23, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can confirm I've seen new boxes of DVDs and Blu-rays in a couple of different Dollar Trees. Some we've seen before, a few I had never seen there. The BDs were a mix of Echo Bridge films and a handful from Universal with intact digital codes.
Old 08-12-23, 04:58 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I saw a new shipment at my local store today. Some stuff they've had before, some not. I'll post the Blu-Rays in that thread, but here's the DVD's I saw :

Abduction
Infamous
Crazy Rich Asians
Sesame Street/Elmo : The Musical
Pieces Of April
Masterminds
Aliens Ate My Homework
Unbroken
Infidel
Going In Style
Pacific Rim : Uprising ( picked this one up )
Yesterday
State Of Grace
Tales From The Hood 3
Leave No Trace
The Gunman
Inception
Mad Max : Fury Road
Space Jam ( 90's version )
Isn't It Romantic
Safe Harbor
Space Jam ( newer version )
Doom : Annihilation
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (08-17-23)
Old 08-15-23, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Dollar Tree DVDs - Discovered something quite interesting at the DT in terms of what they're selling

As of two weeks ago, just noticed at my local Dollar Tree in that they are now selling gift cards of major retailers and eateries from throughout the country via a small kiosk located at the front of the store as it's an interesting concept for a store such as this, but a good idea nevertheless. Just another place to purchase cards from such retailers as Amazon, Macy's and a host of other places, so thought I would throw that out here for those that shop at DT stores.
Old 08-15-23, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Mine got a new shipment as well. Probably 150 DVDs and about 20 Blu-ray or combos. They were stacked in a stupid way that made browsing them next to impossible. It looked like the titles DiggityDawg described above. They had a DVD of "Scorpio" from 1972 with Burt Lancaster. It's a pretty good movie, but it's on some of the streaming services. I also saw some double feature dvds (kid movies) and one dvd that had 8 horror films on it, none of which I had ever heard of. Didn't buy anything.
Old 09-20-23, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Stores definitely got a shipment recently. Came across a few different locations with new DVD and BD stock. The usual recent mix of Echo Bridge releases, a few Hollywood releases like A.C.O.D. and more waves of indie horror. There is a seemingly never-ending supply of indie horror on DVD with zero recognizable cast members.
Old 10-27-23, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I stopped by 2 stores in a neighboring town today. Small section of stuff which didn't appear much different than what was there months ago. However, I did spot and pick up 1 title I don't recall seeing before.

Amazon.com: CAROL BURNETT: CAROL + 2 ORIGINAL QUEENS OF COMEDY : CAROL BURNETT: Movies & TV Amazon.com: CAROL BURNETT: CAROL + 2 ORIGINAL QUEENS OF COMEDY : CAROL BURNETT: Movies & TV

I know the Carol Burnett discs/sets have been here and at Big Lots, but this one was new to me. It contains the 1972 movie Once Upon a Mattress in addition to the Carol+2 show.
Old 11-06-23, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

An hour away from home and I popped into a DT. Picked up season 5 of a show called Workaholics
Old 11-06-23, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
An hour away from home and I popped into a DT. Picked up season 5 of a show called Workaholics
I believe that was on Comedy Central.
Old 11-06-23, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I believe that was on Comedy Central.
Yes. Complete blind buy for me, hoping it's worth the $1.25.

On another note, I also saw multiple copies of the HBO show John From Cincinnati. I've never watched it, though I own it already. Looked it up and I paid $1.95 two years ago. If only I had waited...
The following users liked this post:
DiggityDawg (11-07-23)