DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Dollar Tree DVDs

My store hasn't gotten any. Yet.
Old 04-28-20, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbrown498
If you haven't checked your copies of Snow Girl and the Dark Crystal, you probably should. There's a chance that one or both of your discs will LOOK okay (as in the discwill have the correct artwork printed), but instead of having Snow Girl on them, they could have a documentary about some sort of "blues cruise."

You can find more info here: https://cityonfire.com/snow-girl-and...ement-program/

This is one of those defects that you'll only find out about when you pop the disc in to watch it, so I wanted to give you a heads-up about it before you got rid of your extra copy.
ha, i had no idea. My first copy was a DVD, which was good, but the one I just bought yesterday was the Bluray and it was this:

Old 04-28-20, 05:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So i can only guess some or all stores got new stock in by chance. i can check , but wont hold my breath so to spreak since they seem to get new stock at anytime now since use to be like every few months or less. weekend recent past , so can check but time will tell any.
Old 04-28-20, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by rbrown498
Word around the 'net is that there's a new batch of DVDs and Blu-rays at the Dollar Tree. I'm not advocating that anyone go out looking; I'm just passing along information.
Thanks for the info. last time stuff was at store som or many got new stock and others just had so many from last load before a few months ago that it seems it was random if stores u go to got new stock or not. kinda like finding gold before anyone else does lol. if anything i can go ready to buy any needs if see no new stock so not a wasted trip any.
Old 04-28-20, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I was across the street from the local # Tree today, so I slipped on the good ol' mask & walked in. Not a movie in the place.
Old 04-29-20, 01:51 PM

Went to dt today as the one close to home and they had 3 box full and looked picked over but think they just added some to old stock. got a good bag or more full so happy i check since had no setup in front but solar lights lol. so i happy i atleast checkd and got some snacks at same time so was not a wasted trip any. may go back for more seeing how i collect so much then recheck and keep what i really want most. not a bad selection, saw a lot blu ray by chance score atleast 1 dvd / br combo and others said dvd and br on side but showed no details about in boxes any so skipped for now. but overall a happy camper and go back for any i may still want after get paid and grab more snacks and goods hehe.
Old 04-29-20, 01:54 PM

I just make sure to check tech area if not infront for the place i go to anytime.
Old 04-29-20, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the book section too, that's where I found them last time.
Old 04-29-20, 02:22 PM

Home. Two stores - limited selections. Took home...

"Dancing On The Edge" BBC miniseries.

"Railway Journeys: The Vanishing Age Of Steam" 10 disc set on trains.

"Wings: The Complete First & Second Seasons" - Paramount.

"Gulliver's Travels" the 1939 animated film.

"The Magnificent Seven" collection, the four movies.

"Lego Justice League: Gotham City Breakout" box with limited edition minifig.

And two copies of each; Betty White show and "Child Star" for cases.

There's one store left here, but they haven't gotten any in. Thanks for the Intel folks. Still have yet to find "Inherit Vice".

And did see "Neon Demon" - already own it.
​​​​​
​​​Indeed.
Old 04-29-20, 03:24 PM

I have 3 different stores can go to but not got car so do what i can close to me. since feet get sore now and virus crap going on i try go far but not too far so feet not get so sore. may go back for some i skipped and feel got a good bunch first round. saw it was picked over or just some was added to a back row so not be so hard to pull movies out of boxes lol. got variety movies, classic toons and shows of different seasons i learn to just grab since so cheap. i try keep track what i got so not grab doubles any lol. i noticed any post variety is listed and so i try find any i real want or have enough xtra to make it worth getting and alot xtra if chance. have so much media that i shocked i still grab so much lol. guess cause so cheap and if any can always donate or try sell any later lol. i told they most time get any during summer time and holidays so maybe they get more in later before summer over i guessing. have more i wanna get from another place if still there later lol.
Old 04-30-20, 08:03 AM

have so much media that i shocked i still grab so much lol.
It's about having options, lots of them.
Old 04-30-20, 02:16 PM

Yep, and also notice kinda movies i like has changed a lot i guess. like now days seems so many horror movies are made or thrillers cmpared to others genres at anytime now. have seen many thrillers or horrors at dt but random have snagged any relate to what seen before. times have just changed so much i guess lol.
Old 05-03-20, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

Went to my store in hopes of finding Electric Boogaloo. But I see they haven't gotten anything new since Christmas.
Old 05-04-20, 07:09 PM

I think was a forum from here i read of dt get new stock any, but not sure. wish i knew how often any store get any, but a gal said most during summer and holidays they by chance get new box of media in at anytime. some or many have gone streaming so if chance u can score alot from like dt if so or even walmart by chance. from what i read some or many go to every possible dt that can get to or find anytime and just stockpile on any they think worth grab dvd and bluray. i can only guess not everyone can go to all for any reason, but u can try their store locator and see how many are kinda close to ur place and decide how many u wanna try check and try snag anything else so not a wasted trip.
Old 05-06-20, 03:06 AM

My local store now got stocked, not that many.

"Blame"

"Two Women"

"Terror Beneath The Sea" (when did DT sell Dark Sky Films?)

"OJ. Made In America" DVD/BD combo

"The Magnificent Seven" collection, the four movies - bought again to have another 4 disc transparent case

"Inherent Vice" - after nearly a year of looking, finally have the DVD.

Neat.
The following users liked this post:
DiggityDawg (05-06-20)
Old 05-06-20, 06:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnIan
"Inherent Vice" - after nearly a year of looking, finally have the DVD.

Neat.
Holy smokes. You finally beat the Final Boss.
Old 05-07-20, 04:31 PM

I really wish i knew when they gonna have the next shipment cause all they had really sold fast or have it all down to 3 box with a mix of old and new stuff. feel lucky i scored what i did frist trip cause this pandemic and some or many stuck home have discovered dt and really took a lot cause was a lot of br but was down to one i see a lot lol. i think was here i saw news of it or may have missed a bucnh first time i went. so i can see i need check here for often since their site doesnt mention sales like before. i guess they get new boxes maybe every 2 or 3 months but can be sooner now lol.
Old 05-08-20, 04:06 AM

Holy smokes. You finally beat the Final Boss.
Used all my skills at finger wagging and stealing noses. That last part, he hated that. No, not giving it back - until I get that DVD!
DiggityDawg (05-08-20)
Old 05-12-20, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Got some DVDs from my store a week and a half ago, an eclectic mix of Sports, Documentaries, and Music:

ESPN 30 for 30: You Don't Know Bo / Survive and Advance
Fedor Returns (MMA)
2006 FIFA World Cup Film: The Grand Finale
Ronaldo
A Place at The Table
The Two Escobars
Peter Gabriel: New Blood (Live in London)
Jane's Addiction: Live Voodoo
Old 05-13-20, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have the Gabriel on blu, but that's a great price. Hopefully 24 bit audio?
Old 05-14-20, 04:37 PM

Have scored alot media so far from different places for as cheap as possible, now just try wait for dt next sale lol.
Old 05-16-20, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

The coming months may be some of the last big waves at Dollar Trees. Media sales have been waning for some time and many of the indie labels that fill up Dollar Tree's DVD inventory simply don't press huge quantities anymore.
MooMooMooMoo (05-17-20)
Old 05-17-20, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Conversely, we may get longer if no one will pay more than $1! Though with Covid, bargain hunting isn't what it used to be................. not worth dying for.
Old 05-17-20, 06:33 PM

Yea, i snag any from places recent and so i can wait besides try see all ones i already have lol.
Old 06-02-20, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

I just posted this over in Blu-ray Bargains, but I thought that it bears repeating here:

According to various rumblings on the Web, there's a new drop scheduled for next Friday, June 12th. Some stores may put them out earlier; some may put them out later.

You may want to start checking in the next few days.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.