Old 02-12-20, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Dollar Tree DVDs

Ohhhhhhh, KD5 - I need that.
Old 02-14-20, 09:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I may go by mine soon, but wish i knew when they got any restock or it just random when they get any ?
Old 02-15-20, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Heads up! Encountered a new batch of movies still in their shipping boxes (opened, of course) in one of my local DT's last night. Unfortunately for me, all were DVD's & did not see anything worthwhile to buy.

Street date on them as indicated on one of the boxes is 2/21/2020.
I have 1 other store to check, but the manager adheres to the street date, so I have a wait.

So, if you have DT stores in your area that breaks street dates, haul yourself out & go hunting!
Old 02-15-20, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Of the two stores I checked out this morning, only one had newer BDs & DVDs.

Didn't see any DVDs I wanted but noticed there were a lot of Canadian Versions of the Twilight Saga.
Old 02-16-20, 03:05 AM

Good to know. Thanks for the update.
Old 02-16-20, 06:33 PM

Yes, recent visit after some oher shopping went by and saw a new batch mixed with old and scored some new goods and go back for more if all still there tomorrow. and i didnt even know , i just saw a bunch so i went through all and saw some new and old so it clued a new batch was added. not sure if they didnt wanna wait for street date so just added to tech area cause other stuff was in front. by chance scored a br and dvd combo so that was nice. so as before said, try go back and snag any i left cause budget and get what i can hehe. it the one store i hit up and always seem to be some good stuff and some not after try watch lol.
Old 02-17-20, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They only had 4 or 5 boxes out, but I took everything I didn't own. I was the first one to snag anything too. I will hit up the other local one tomorrow after work.

Old 02-17-20, 04:10 PM

I went today for a second round of any i left cause funds. so like anyone got a nice half bag full again. have scored some decent stuff and combo packs any. i snag blu ray if combo with dvd and all. but selective what i get at time so worthy to me to snag at time. i may walk to another a good hour or so away it debatable cause not sure they gonna add more to the bunch at store close by unless already put all boxes out early by chance. if none new i real want, gonna try head to farther place and hope score any new or worthy movies at place.
Old 02-18-20, 05:42 AM

My store didn't get anything new. As in nothing since the last sale.
Old 02-18-20, 02:23 PM

I seen videos on youtube and they mention new stock this fri 21st but i read sometimes stores put stuff out early for some reason, so can only hope i try check thurs and see if any new out or even ask they got any new stock by chance at time. but guess they say any they got was stocked early unless they by chance bring any out they know is still in back for any reason.
Old 02-18-20, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by cabler30
I seen videos on youtube and they mention new stock this fri 21st but i read sometimes stores put stuff out early for some reason, so can only hope i try check thurs and see if any new out or even ask they got any new stock by chance at time. but guess they say any they got was stocked early unless they by chance bring any out they know is still in back for any reason.
One of my stores put it out Saturday morning and it was clean picked by the time I got to it. Another said he will put it out for Friday opening. Two said they never got any stock. You can try calling but I've found they sometimes do not answer truthfully.
Old 02-18-20, 07:12 PM

Yea, i can see that they will not say they get or got any cause they get calls or bugged for any at anytime so just say no or give no real answer. and can guess any stock they get workers by chance pick any they want for own collection or try flip any. i been lucky to score any gold that had extra copies by chance, so i selective but still get some good stuff worthy to get or can share or give to fam who like the same stuff that relate to what they like hobby wise and all. i may go thurs after job and see if any new by chance, can only guess new stuff if see it put in front and then know to snag abasket and grab wants and recheck what want most at time. was thinking to go more stores, but what spent for bus can be used for any media lol. i just gotta hope for more new or other places i can check and just pay a little more for media.
Old 02-19-20, 01:56 AM

I've found they sometimes do not answer truthfully.
That would - so mightily tick me off.
Old 02-19-20, 04:22 PM

I went to store #2 and they still haven't put out anything (i'll check it out again friday) so I went back to store #1 and they put out new stuff. Looks like they're slowing putting them out rather than dumping them all at once.

Old 02-19-20, 05:50 PM

Yea, i went today and asked and they said not really get any till winter so guess way to to avoid saying when they be out so as above , i guess gotta check place early to get first dibs on any good stuff. i read some stores do so early and sometimes those who see videos say they had chance crack open any box by chance. see above chucky saw copies and hope if got extra on back may get it next trip to place. all can do is hope and go from there. goes stores call ea other when media is being shipped. and say how traffic is really either skipping or realy buying alot, but guess some really bug stores a lot for any or if send any. i guess those who shop for media may be making stores re think when to stock media so it fair game and everyone get chance to snag and and not just all blu ray or dvd gone before others have chance score any. they learning or have learn the media flys out fast anytime. so hope like before stores get a lot media lol.
Old 02-20-20, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 817 Likes on 691 Posts

In my experience, each location handles their DVDs differently. Some dump them out as soon as they come in off the truck, while others hold them back until the "official" date or at least until there is enough space cleared from the last shipment.

Media doesn't seem to receive any "special" treatment at Dollar Tree. For most employees, it's just another cardboard box they have to open and put on shelves.

Pro Tip: bring your own box cutter. The best finds come from opening a fresh box that has been put on the floor but not yet opened.
Old 02-20-20, 04:43 PM

I think to try go today, but not wanna be one to act as if i know they have them. guessing from what i read from others some stores dont mind u open any, while others may be more selective or strict about it. i have 2 different ones, and 1 is more portable and like 2 ways to break tape lol. just not wanna do a double trip and just hope something is left if not picked over by workers or others who feel gotta check tonite and cant wait till morning lol. i was told i can call but think they get more calls them expect if others in area know they get media by chance. i have hit place after job before and by chance score some gold , so hoping if i wait might still get some gold tomorrow if they really got any by chance. and have back up plan incase none lol.
Old 02-21-20, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
In my experience, each location handles their DVDs differently. Some dump them out as soon as they come in off the truck, while others hold them back until the "official" date or at least until there is enough space cleared from the last shipment.

Media doesn't seem to receive any "special" treatment at Dollar Tree. For most employees, it's just another cardboard box they have to open and put on shelves.

Pro Tip: bring your own box cutter. The best finds come from opening a fresh box that has been put on the floor but not yet opened.
Yep. I did open 1 box on a recent visit. Have you ever had an employee go off on you for doing that before asking?
Old 02-21-20, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

One thing I know about my Dollar Tree. No one is buying solar lights.

The following users liked this post:
Trevor (02-21-20)
Old 02-21-20, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Yep. I did open 1 box on a recent visit. Have you ever had an employee go off on you for doing that before asking?
Not who you are asking, but I ask when I can, but one time, I opened and stocked it for them, lol. Did not get caught, hopefully that didn't cause any issues for them.
Old 02-21-20, 03:25 PM

I went to Dollar Tree store #3 last night, and they didn't have anything out yet. I wen to Dollar Tree #2 after work and the lady JUST put them out. I'm not a fan of how this store puts them out though. They stand them up on an endcap. It's hard to search. So i just skimmed through real quick, found a couple and left. I'll swing around to Dollar Tree #3 tomorrow maybe.

Old 02-21-20, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 817 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
No, but I usually target the dirtiest and least well-run locations. Some probably think I work there or something.

In my experience, the dirtier a store looks, the better the finds.
Old 02-21-20, 05:47 PM

Well went to one close to home thurs and fri and none new in front or in tech area. they still had a lot suply in tech area so not sure if they call or order any so they know if not get any. 1 said they get new in winter and one said just all that they had in area. so both days just went to walmart close by and scored any i real want and just snagged any dt had i really cared to get lol. and the website still show the dam solar lights lol, so not sure we get any new really now unless gotta wait till they stock any they have by chance.
Old 02-22-20, 12:08 PM
Tap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One store near me had a display out this morning, here are a few:

The Amityville Horror (Blu)
Astro
Atlas Shrugged Part III: Who Is John Galt? (Blu+Digital)
Atomica (both DVD and Blu+DVD)
Batman Beyond: The Movie — A New Hero for a New Era
Big Top Scooby-Doo! Bill
Cat Run
Collider
Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest
5 Flights Up (DVD+digital)
The Gaelic King
Heavenly Sword
Howl (2015)
Hush Money
Immortal Wars
Implanted
Intruders
Knights of the Damned
Midnight Special (Blu)
Midnite Movies: The Return of Dracula / The Vampire
Moontrap: Target Earth
My Soul to Take (Blu)
The Nanny
Nessie & Me
Quantum Voyage
RealLive_
Remember
The Resurrection of Gavin Stone (Blu+DVD+Digital)
Rupture
Sacrifice
Trash (both DVD and Blu)
Unleashed (UR) (Blu+Digital)
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Old 02-22-20, 07:35 PM

If i am lucky to see i sure to grab basket and snag any i really want. was hoping they was gona be out thurs or friday but no go and had to go other places as backup for media i really wanted. i did snag any odd ones i wanted so not wasted trip, but i be stoked or excited to see a set up by chance when i go next trip. have like 3 stores i can go to but rather spend bus money on media so i only go to one store so not gotta waste time and walk so much after job lol.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.