DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Dollar Tree DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-19, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Dollar Tree DVDs

This is new news to me.

Was there in the morning - took home floss. Looked - didn't see any new DVDs.
Old 11-23-19, 12:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea, saw news of this at different sights and some video. as usual not all store put out stock same time. so just gotta check back anytime before black friday. i gonna go check and so not wasted trip, grab any wants or need at time. also i read or told biglots doing a sale start tomorrow, so gotta check that on way home lol.
Old 11-23-19, 03:39 AM

Thanks for the info, Cabler30. I'll check my local store.
Old 11-23-19, 02:09 PM

I checkd my store close by, and saw just some old stock. so can only guess they not stock it yet cause wait till closer to event any. i read some stores have stocked any early and some stores wait. but they know once stuff is stocked out, stuff flies out, and i wonder if anyone calls to get first dibs, so that any real good stuff is gone. also guessing resellers hit up the place early to stockpile any. so all i can do is check later and see what can do at time.
Old 11-24-19, 03:35 AM

Called, nope - no new titles/restock.
Old 11-24-19, 06:44 PM

If any and the site changed it front page so much it dont show in store item as usual. not wanna waste time going and have be same as before, so i can wait till go to walmart later so i close by and check for any. till then i can check biglots for any i real want thurs and then walmart later that night or friday. i have so many , so i just more selective what i get now.
Old 11-26-19, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

DVD
​​​Batman Gotham Knight
Batman vs Robin
Batman vs Two Face (West, Ward, Shatner)
Batman The Killing Joke
Beware The Batman: Shadows of Gotham
The Best of Superman
(Lots of DC animated dvds)
Mike Tyson Mysteries Season 1
Better Call Saul : Season One
Sherlock Holmes 8 Movie Collection
Some BBC shows (did not come across any Doctor Who)

Blu
Holiday Inn
TMNT 3: Turtles In Time
Death Wish 3
Old 11-27-19, 02:32 PM

Well i went to dollar tree and looked in the right areas for any new stock and saw none really. got my game plan since gonna be raining throughout the holiday this week. if any can recheck friday since that is the actual day for black friday after i check biglots and walmart for any i real want at time. i more fussy about what i get since i still got some from last dvd sales i not even opened yet lol. so no rush and i just hope can score good stuff before it all gone over time.
Old 11-29-19, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Hit 2 today. It was late in the day, but the one that had the new stock didn't seem to be picked out. Possibly the most mediocre selection I've ever seen at $ Tree. Interestingly, the other store said their truck was late, & they weren't receiving them until tomorrow. They said they would all be out at opening on Saturday.
Old 12-01-19, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Went to 3 Dollar Tree B&Ms that are close to where I live this morning.

All varying levels of stock. One with very little and two stores that were very well stocked. One particular store still had 6 sealed product boxes next to their dedicated display.

Between all stores I picked up:

Surveillance
Monsters
Dark Horse
Honeymoon
Inside Llewyn Davis

The Lazarus Effect (BD)

I was hoping to find a copy of The Demolisher but didn't find a copy. Might revisit some of the stores once they open up more product.
Old 12-02-19, 05:35 PM

For now all can do is just do random stop ins and check while get any stuff i really need lol. maybe they get new stock of dvds, but not really know and not wanna be pestering them every time i go in cause not sure they even know when they gonna get new stock in at time. guess all they say is truck was here and get stuff, but no real set answer if dvd was on the load any. they get trucks i guess every other day or certain days. i happy i scored a spider-mobile in hotwheels stock they had in by chance. so can dive into any new dvd stock when and if they have any at time , if others not do and get all good stuff ahead of me lol.
Old 12-07-19, 06:06 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Hit 2 locations this morning...the first wasn't even open, even though it was 20 minutes past opening time ( this store is cursed - the previous manager got popped for embezzlement, they never open on time, etc. ). Wasn't about to wait, so I went to Store #2...which has nothing new. I did find some great Snyder's cheese snacks, so it wasn't a complete bust.
Old 12-08-19, 03:46 AM

previous manager got popped for embezzlement
How dirty.
Old 12-08-19, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by JohnIan
How dirty.
The guy working there said she stole something like 40 grand from the store.

So since it was Dollar Tree, I had to be a wise guy & ask him "She stole from the store 40,000 times?".
Old 12-08-19, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

There is a store in my area that per the manager, they do over $8000 per day in sales. I was shocked. She said it would be more but they can't get enough stock out to keep up with foot traffic.
Old 12-08-19, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I traveled a little extra today to a DT a couple of towns over. There were 23 boxes of BDs and DVDs out--some repeats of previous offerings and the rest junk. Turned out it was not worth the gas to travel there this time!
Old 12-09-19, 08:50 PM

I am at the point where i have like so many that some i seen or just check out extra stuff and rest i see as in mood to try watch any. times i gone to dt they had old stock, so now i try not go and may try day off so not waste time go and same stock lol. i sure store bank load alot cause any traffic buys a little or alot for any reason. i be sure that if go i not waste trip and get any needs if no real wants at time. and sometimes i score real wants and other i just get a need and treat self for just going and trying check for any wants at time. last i went i scored a spidey mobile hot wheel and didnt expect that any.
Old 12-14-19, 05:00 PM

I finally saw a big display - multiple boxes on an aisle endcap, not the normal table out at the front of the store - today. Picked up an animated Spider-Man Season 1 set, a documentary called "Fired!" that features a bunch of comedians I like, & "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind".
Old 12-21-19, 08:13 PM

Have not been to one close by and just not want it to be wasted visit , so if and when go i gotta grab something to make it not a wasted trip lol. i can take funds incase i see a nice score or just have funds to snag a treat while i there lol. cause as i read and notice, not every store gets a stockpile around the same time, it just luck of the draw i guess. i see it like a 50/50 chance get any new stock, so u get or u dont and glad can still score cheap decent sealed at thrift for 2 bucks anytime time i go and find any i really want at time.
Old 12-22-19, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm starting to think that the box set batch isn't going to show up in Wa state.
Old 12-31-19, 03:13 PM

Recent visit to my store got a surprise of new batch of box of dvd and scattered br. made sure get my fill lol even though had to go back cause was not sure of some at time so now i good and can wait since they got no more that i know of since last trip. the area was decent then went back today and it was just a mess again so made so snag any real wants and leave rest for others to struggle look cause i tried keep area decent then of course traffic came through and look in disaray or so messyu had dvd everywhere and not stacked decent any. cause i tried my first round to keep area decent and easy to see or check stuff but i guess traffic not care and just leave it a total mess to where u cant really check easy unless u moved stuff a lot lol.
Old 01-08-20, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Today I found the following titles in the local Dollar Tree:

Veronica Mars (movie) (BD) - a lot of copies
BBC Earth - One Life (BD)
Her (BD)
Inherent Vice (BD) - a lot of copies
SNL Collection: The Best of Saturday TV Funhouse (DVD)

Not bad for $5.

They also had the 3-D Jack the Giant Slayer BD, but since I don't have a 3-D system, I passed on it.
Old 01-09-20, 08:14 PM

Not sure how they decide where to send what at time, so guess some stores get alot good stuff as others get a mix of god and bad stuff lol. i almost did not get 2 tv series cause was not sure the first time to get but checkd around and read was worthy so lucky they was still at store by chance. i get blu ray only if combo with dvd by chance, or i just skip it for now. rest of stuff was some good stuff still not opened but nice to have for when i wanna crack them any later. but do any ithink are worthy and see , if like blah to me and not worth keeping then i just can bag it to donate later.
Old 01-18-20, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I went into the $ tree closet to my home today to buy some sponges (which they were out of). They still have a ton of the lame dvd's from the last batch (including a stack of unopened boxes). There were only 2 blu-rays. I opened one of the boxes, all garbage. I was going to buy Genghis Khan, but they only had one register open with a looooooooooooooooong line & it wasn't worth the wait to me.
Old 01-19-20, 03:11 AM

I picked up some titles for their cases. The stuff of interest is gone... for now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.