Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 8 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 8 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-10, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 8 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Originally Posted by DarkRavenII

Ack! Sorry to go on! May they all be fired or a meteor wipe out the dump!
You can report this sort of crap on the main BL web site.
Old 10-03-10, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously, report them. Their behavior is unacceptable.
Old 10-03-10, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

picked up:
Blood Work-old snapper case(2.50)
Next(2.50)

Batman Mystery of the Batwoman/Batman training for power Volume 1(6.00)

11.66 out the door total.

Seems like the two pack ARE NOT being discounted along with the single movies

Last edited by cesidio; 10-03-10 at 01:09 PM. Reason: poor spelling
Old 10-03-10, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by cesidio
picked up:
Blood Work-old snapper case(2.50)
Next(2.50)

Batman Mystery of the Batwoman/Batman training for power Volume 1(6.00)

11.66 out the door total.

Seems like the two pack ARE NOT being discounted along with the single movies
It's because they are $6 each even though you/we look at 'em as 2/$6. Only the titles marked $3 were elegible. Now... if you could have convinced a stock clerk/manager to split the "set" apart and mark 'em individually, then they'd be $2.50.

I don't know about the rest of the stores but those $6 2-packs are moving very slowly here. Based on the amount of open space on the display they've only sold about a dozen of them since the display was put out over a week ago.
Old 10-03-10, 02:58 PM
Cool New Member

went to 3 different big lots today... picked up...

Van Helsing:the london Assignment
House of Flying Daggers
Curse of the Golden Flower
Snakes on a plane
Texa's Chainsaw Massacre - The Next Generation

Psycho 3,4,5
and a bit of a blind buy as I've never seen it before..
Monty Python and the holy grail Collector's Edition
Old 10-03-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I won't bog this thread down with a story but it was a nightmare there tonight. The staff have always been extremely rude there. Tonight they ticked off my entire family. We've now banned the Big Lots in Lenoir City, TN. I will not be returning to that Big Lots. So this really sucks. I've got great deals on DVD's there. But it's been 1-year of extreme rudeness. Tonight was the worst. Bunch of psycho employees. An no I didn't do anything wrong nor say anything wrong.

Very short version: They took the movies I was looking at away from me. Made fun of the sale. Said you can't buy less than 4 for the deal even though they ring up for $2.50 each. Said that DVD's are stupid. I kept my cool. As she was checking them out she threw my DVD's into the floor. There was a lot more. But it was really bad. I think my Under Siege 2 is broken. I have a pissed off relative whose willing to go in there and return it if it is broke.

So unless I drive like 45 minutes up the road ... this ends Big Lots for me. I had to suck up my pride and return twice before after employees were so rude / bad that the manager nearly fired them. I won't return a third time. Game over.

The only other store I have ever banned is the Little Ceaser right next to them. Same crap! I waited an hour for bread sticks once while they had 12 employees in there at once. They treated me and the woman behind me like thieves because we had legit coupons that they refused to take. Why not put up a giant sign: No coupons allowed! ... I even called in before I came over to check if they took the coupon. They said yes. I go in ... they swear they never spoke to me.

You really should report that store. There is no excuse for any paying customer to be treated like that.

Here is the Contact Link from their website.
Old 10-03-10, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If/when you do report this store to corporate, make sure you direct them to your post here on DVD Talk or at least tell them that you shared your negative experience at their store in a forum online.

You would be surprised at how effective having that little piece of power can be. The world wide web has the potential to bring us a step closer to the ideal that all of us were created equal. The common man once more has a voice.
Old 10-03-10, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

I saw the anime Baccano! Volume 2 tonight. Never heard of it though.

I bought the following for $2.50 each at the end of the sale tonight.

The Fugitive - WS
The Powerpuff Girls Movie - FS
Collateral Damage - WS
A Perfect Murder - WS
Sphere: Special Edition - WS
Other People's Money - WS
Peach Girl: Volume 2 - FS
Under Siege 2: Dark Territory - WS

Besides the ones I bought there was nothing left but utter garbage. The manager was saying how the sale was a failure because they didn't move all of these out.

I won't bog this thread down with a story but it was a nightmare there tonight. The staff have always been extremely rude there. Tonight they ticked off my entire family. We've now banned the Big Lots in Lenoir City, TN. I will not be returning to that Big Lots. So this really sucks. I've got great deals on DVD's there. But it's been 1-year of extreme rudeness. Tonight was the worst. Bunch of psycho employees. An no I didn't do anything wrong nor say anything wrong.

Very short version: They took the movies I was looking at away from me. Made fun of the sale. Said you can't buy less than 4 for the deal even though they ring up for $2.50 each. Said that DVD's are stupid. I kept my cool. As she was checking them out she threw my DVD's into the floor. There was a lot more. But it was really bad. I think my Under Siege 2 is broken. I have a pissed off relative whose willing to go in there and return it if it is broke.

So unless I drive like 45 minutes up the road ... this ends Big Lots for me. I had to suck up my pride and return twice before after employees were so rude / bad that the manager nearly fired them. I won't return a third time. Game over.

The only other store I have ever banned is the Little Ceaser right next to them. Same crap! I waited an hour for bread sticks once while they had 12 employees in there at once. They treated me and the woman behind me like thieves because we had legit coupons that they refused to take. Why not put up a giant sign: No coupons allowed! ... I even called in before I came over to check if they took the coupon. They said yes. I go in ... they swear they never spoke to me.

Wow, that suck. Defiantly complain to corporate. I enjoy the quite indifference I get at the Big Lots I go to (all the other stores are always "how can I help you" right when you step through the door).
Old 10-03-10, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch079
Seriously, report them. Their behavior is unacceptable.
DarkRaven,

Oh hell no you don't let these people speak to you or your family this way.

They're in business to serve you, the loyal customer and if they have an issue with that, threaten corporate on them. I did one time with a store that refused to allow me entry because they wanted to shut the store down early. Screw that! You're open until such and such a time, remain open and do your damn jobs! I reported that store and manager to corporate and believe me, they handled it very well and they've been on a tight leash since then.

DarkRaven, go onto their website, write your complaints and get names of the people there and store location and # on their feedback or complaints to management section and a district manager should be able to help you through this. Leave your contact information on there so someone from the area can get in touch with you and explain to them what happened and corroborate that with evidence. There is no blatant excuse for this BS behavior! Same with Little Caesars too. Rip them BOTH a new one!
Old 10-03-10, 06:07 PM
Zbu

Originally Posted by rmw650
DarkRaven,

Oh hell no you don't let these people speak to you or your family this way.

They're in business to serve you, the loyal customer and if they have an issue with that, threaten corporate on them. I did one time with a store that refused to allow me entry because they wanted to shut the store down early. Screw that! You're open until such and such a time, remain open and do your damn jobs! I reported that store and manager to corporate and believe me, they handled it very well and they've been on a tight leash since then.

DarkRaven, go onto their website, write your complaints and get names of the people there and store location and # on their feedback or complaints to management section and a district manager should be able to help you through this. Leave your contact information on there so someone from the area can get in touch with you and explain to them what happened and corroborate that with evidence. There is no blatant excuse for this BS behavior! Same with Little Caesars too. Rip them BOTH a new one!
I wouldn't threaten corporate with them. People in that state of mind in retail won't give a damn and will probably start preparing a story so no action is taken. Just go to corporate direct with as much information as you can (names, location, time of incident) and report them. I'm sure corporate might be interested in early store closings like this and will placate you more than the store management would.

Telling them that you're going to do this only results in them getting enough time to file an incident report so any complants will have less to no effect.
Old 10-04-10, 03:06 AM

The Big Lots I go to in Mesa, AZ had a few copies of a Punky Brewster volume for $5, which had eight episodes on it, I think. Remember Punky Brewster? I didn't buy it. If it were a whole season, however, I would have bought it. There's not much point in buying TV shows on DVD that only have a few episodes from different seasons on them. This store also had a Price is Right DVD set for $5. I didn't buy that, either. I'm tired of seeing the same ol' crappy DVDs over and over again (on a side note, this store had bags of traditional Chex mix that weighed almost FOUR pounds for $5; didn't buy it). I'm going to check out another Big Lots and see what they have.
Old 10-04-10, 06:31 AM
Suspended

^ Agree. The bundles of DVD's (2 or 3 packs) have all either come with something I already own or some total piece of crap. I bought two three packs and just took the stinker one out of the pack and laid it on their trash on my way out the first time.
I took the two sealed NASCAR DVDs that came with my Bronx is Burning(please,gouge my eyeballs before I have to watch cars go round 'n round) to FYE and received more than the original $3 for the set. Same with a 3-pack of narrative DVDs that had "Z",the only one needed and the two other sealed DVDs were taken in trade for more than $3. And another 3 pack where I eventually decided that all three were worthless netted,once again,more than I originally paid for them. FYE is slow to catch on to BL findings,but,once numbers are saturated in their database,they will reject titles. But wait a while,because they might take them next time. Over five titles from my spring clean up went into the system this time. This go round,I netted over $70 in credit from my six months of BL losers(never take money)and that more than paid for MadMen S3 they had there for a pretty good $25.FYE is not a good place to buy anything,but if you have the time(and I do when my wife once to go to the mall) and some store credit,bargains can be found. They had the new Brain Wilson/Gershwin CD at one of those failed $9.99 stores with regular stickers of $9.99 and SALE stickers of 12.99;after the manager and I had a laugh about that snafu,they rung up at 9.99,a good deal on a great album. And remember, FYE & Suncoast are the same(Trans World)so sometimes picking through the used mess at Suncoast can bring a few interesting titles home.But caution,since their database of return to shelf used titles can be a bad thing. I was tempted to pick up the first complete Homicide:Life On The Streets set,but Amazon's price for the current one is about the same,so not a good deal(neither sets are close captioned,so I'm in no rush).
Old 10-04-10, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Just received a 20% Buzz Club Coupon in an e-mail good for October 6-9. Keep an eye open for it. Or I think you should be able to pull it up at this link.
Old 10-04-10, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks cardsfan111! The wife and I have a furniture purchase to make this weekend, and this will come in handy!
Old 10-04-10, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 10-04-10, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ive got a bed im eyeing at BL and this will be perfect... love them 20% off coupons, saved me hundreds this year alone...
Old 10-04-10, 01:39 PM
Banned

Figures, I just earned a 20% rewards discount my last trip there...now they're pulling me back in! And I see the fine print specifically says "coupon cannot be combined with any other discount" hahaha, I was hoping for 40% off everything I pick up..:P
Old 10-04-10, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lewisb73
Ive got a bed im eyeing at BL and this will be perfect...
Same here, there is a bed frame that we've been looking at for a while, but I keep telling my wife to wait for a 20% off sale
Old 10-04-10, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zbu
I wouldn't threaten corporate with them. People in that state of mind in retail won't give a damn and will probably start preparing a story so no action is taken. Just go to corporate direct with as much information as you can (names, location, time of incident) and report them. I'm sure corporate might be interested in early store closings like this and will placate you more than the store management would.

Telling them that you're going to do this only results in them getting enough time to file an incident report so any complants will have less to no effect.
Bottom line...lodge a complaint through their corporate site and a district manager should be able to help you out. They should also offer you an apology for the crappy way you and your family got treated and reward you with a gift card or something to that accord. Let us know how it all turned out.
Old 10-05-10, 08:26 PM

Went to a Big Lots in Chandler, AZ today. I found some great DVDs at this store. What I bought:

Season One of Adam-12: $6
Alpha Dog: $3
The Animal: Uncut and Untamed Edition: $3
Brick: $3
Child's Play 2: $3
Lost in America: $3
Wyatt Earp (2-disc Special Edition): $3

This store also had quite a selection of other DVDs, ranging from $3-6. I found a copy of S.W.A.T. that had been part of a 2-pack with a sticker for $6 on it. Tried to get it for $3, but no dice. What the hell? Oh, well.
Old 10-06-10, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Just one title and a CD.

Found a single copy of "It Came From Beneath the Sea" the two disc set. I'll see if I will like it, days long ago I bought this on laser disc - didn't pay much for it, but I wasn't that into it; dull. Maybe my opinion will change.

Also picked up a holiday themed CD, "Dr. Elmo - Halloween". Various comedy songs from the creator of 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer'. Could be interesting.
Old 10-06-10, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I decided to hit up a few Big Lots today armed with the 20% off coupon. I found some nice stuff:

The Chucky Collection (Child's Play 2/Child's Play 3/Bride of Chucky) - $5.09 after coupon/sales tax
Borderland (Unrated Director's Cut) - $2.54 after coupon/sales tax
Dummy (Adrian Brody, Milla Jovovich) - $2.54 after coupon/sales tax

Not a bad little haul.
Old 10-06-10, 02:24 PM

It is days like today that I love big lots.

Found Warner Bros and the Homefront for $6. Includes Irving Berlins This is the Army, Thank your Lucky Stars, and Hollywood Canteen. $34 on Amazon, and highly recommended here on DVDtalk reviews.

This and the Sidney Poitier Collection have been my two greatest finds. Hope to see more Warner Brothers collections in the future.
Old 10-06-10, 10:50 PM

So I discovered this board recently and have been lurking and reading. It really is a tremendous place to find deals and major kudos to all of you who search out the deals and share with others.

We have a Big Lots by my place here in Independence, MO that is pretty new. I had never been in one before and after this thread decided to check it out. I forgot the coupon. That was my blunder, but it is what it is.

They had a ton of these ESPN 3-packs with 3 random ESPN DVD's and some workout DVD's bundled together for 3 bucks. Still rang up 2.50 at the register though with no signage, so that was a nice surprise. I found one with The Bronx Is Burning entire season which I had been meaning to pick up paired with a March Madness: The Greatest Moments of the NCAA Tournament and SportsCenter Year In Review 2006. I figure I can sell off the two other ones after giving them a watch. I'm a big sports buff so I may end up keeping them though.

I also found a Doomsday Chronicles: Warner Bros Action Triple Play that had the following movies: Sphere, Deep Blue Sea, and Outbreak. Not the greatest movies but definitely watchable for sure. Always really did like Deep Blue Sea. 6 bucks.

Found a triple feature of Along Came Polly, Reality Bites, and Mystery Men. Never saw Reality Bites, so I'll give that a watch. Along Came Polly was okay, I think Philip Seymour Hoffman is pretty funny in it. Mystery Men is why I bought it. Always loved the goofiness of this movie.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up about Big Lots. I will definitely continue to shop there for DVD's.
Old 10-06-10, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Reality Bites is a great movie.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.