DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 5% Cash Back at Amazon 10% Cash Back at other merchants using PayPhrase

I'd like to know that too.
Old 12-13-09, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the 5% cash back only shows up when you are not logged in. Try logging off the account. I made a few orders so far and got emails every time saying I earned cash back.
Old 12-13-09, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've placed 3 or 4 orders and got the email about it, but none said the PayPhrase CashBack amount.

You will also receive an e-mail that includes your PayPhrase CashBack amount, and instructions on how to claim your CashBack Reward, by January 31, 2010.
Also, I think if you buy multiple items within a 30 minute window and they combine the shipment, or even if they don't, you're only going to receive one email for the entire shipment, despite I think you being eligible for $ back on all of them.

Anybody's email look different than mine?

Your order placed with PayPhrase “................” has been registered for the PayPhrase CashBack rewards program.

Note that your order must ship on or before December 31,2009 to be eligible for CashBack rewards. Canceled or returned orders are not eligible. For full details, including restrictions, learn more about the PayPhrase CashBack program.

You will receive an e-mail with details of how to claim any eligible CashBack rewards by January 31,2010.

Thank you for using Amazon PayPhrase, a service of Amazon Payments.
Old 12-13-09, 05:16 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts

I've placed two orders since discovering this thread. Both times I made sure the payphrase button said something about cashback, and both times I received an email confirming that I'll get cashback as long as it ships by the 31st. They are emails from 'Amazon Payments" entitled "PayPhrase CashBack Rewards", and were sent to me within the hour of the order iirc.
Old 12-14-09, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like Amazon already killed the cash back.

"This PayPhrase CashBack promotion has ended
Orders placed using PayPhrase between 12AM PST on 12/11/2009 and 12AM PST on 12/14/2009 which meet the terms of the program are eligible for CashBack."
Old 12-14-09, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wow that was quick. almost seems like it was just a way for them to promote the fuck out of PayPhrase thing (on both their site, and others) in hopes you use the hell out of it and because it takes so little time to use and checkout, you end up buying shit you don't even want.
Old 12-14-09, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Until Trevor posted about the Payphrase, I never even gave it a second thought. I remember all the Lightning Deals I ordered on Black Friday, I kept seeing a "payphrase" but ignored it because I was in a hurry (definition of a lightning deal) and I didn't see any explanations of it. Then when I read about 5% I was thinking... bummer that I missed a bunch of cashback @ 5% on all of my orders in the last few weeks, but the latest posts say the even though Payphrase existed back in November, the 5% cashback was only on certain (random?) orders from 12/11 to 12/14? Is that correct that nobody got 5% cashback except during those 4 days (i.e. not on Black Friday)?

Well, if so then I don't feel so bad. If I were to count everything in November to December it would've been a significant chunk of change, but I've ordered nothing from 12/11 to 12/14. Lost was my last big order and that was 12/8. So I guess it's back to ignoring that Payphrase thingy next time I order.
Old 12-14-09, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Until Trevor posted about the Payphrase, I never even gave it a second thought. I remember all the Lightning Deals I ordered on Black Friday, I kept seeing a "payphrase" but ignored it because I was in a hurry (definition of a lightning deal) and I didn't see any explanations of it. Then when I read about 5% I was thinking... bummer that I missed a bunch of cashback @ 5% on all of my orders in the last few weeks, but the latest posts say the even though Payphrase existed back in November, the 5% cashback was only on certain (random?) orders from 12/11 to 12/14? Is that correct that nobody got 5% cashback except during those 4 days (i.e. not on Black Friday)?

Well, if so then I don't feel so bad. If I were to count everything in November to December it would've been a significant chunk of change, but I've ordered nothing from 12/11 to 12/14. Lost was my last big order and that was 12/8. So I guess it's back to ignoring that Payphrase thingy next time I order.
That's correct. It was only for a few days. However, I emailed them about it and got 5% back on my Lost blu-ray set order
Old 12-14-09, 12:00 PM

Re: (DEAD) 5% Cash Back at Amazon 10% Cash Back at other merchants using PayPhrase

Too bad. I'm getting close to placing a big order for a treadmill, but was just waiting a couple of days for my new credit card cycle so the bill doesn't come due right away. The item had the 5% payphrase offer on it, but now it's gone. I never thought they would pull the deal that fast. Could have saved me $50.
Old 12-14-09, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: (DEAD) 5% Cash Back at Amazon 10% Cash Back at other merchants using PayPhrase

So now what is the benefit of using the payphrase button?
Old 12-14-09, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pilot
wow that was quick. almost seems like it was just a way for them to promote the fuck out of PayPhrase thing (on both their site, and others) in hopes you use the hell out of it and because it takes so little time to use and checkout, you end up buying shit you don't even want.
I think that is a fair assessment, pilot. But I plan to continue to use it on non-Amazon sites, where offered, because it is so easy. And I rarely ever impulse buy.
Old 12-14-09, 12:34 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake
So now what is the benefit of using the payphrase button?
It saves you a click or two.

And as Lizard mentions, they are using it to promote the partnerships they have with these other online merchants. They must get a cut of all that action, and pretty soon we'll be using our payphrase to pay our utility bills.
Old 12-15-09, 12:10 AM

Wow, can't believe this is dead already. I am now done with PayPhrase.
Old 01-28-10, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got my cashback tonight from Amazon for the PayPhrase offer.
Old 01-29-10, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got mine too,used it towards buying Fargo on Blu Ray.
Old 01-29-10, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

haven't got mine...i didn't keep track but I placed 4-5 orders where I had received the PayPhrase email...hopefully it comes eventually..
Old 01-30-10, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got my $25.00 yesterday and cashed it out to a GC! W00t!
Old 01-30-10, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got mine about an hour ago. I was beginning to wonder if Amazon had forgotten about me but they did come through, as usual.
Old 01-30-10, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got my $1.24 yesterday.
Old 01-30-10, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Those of you who haven't received an email might want to check your Amazon account. I haven't received an email, but when I went to place an Amazon order today, under Payment Method I was asked if I wanted to use my Amazon Payments balance.