Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Warner Archive sales

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-09, 11:09 AM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warner Archive sales

Thanks for explaining that RW. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting the discount. Too bad there are only 8 $14.95 titles I want. I'm passing.
Old 11-27-09, 11:14 AM

I don't know why it's not working for everyone else but I was able to add ANY ten Archives titles and get it to come up $99.95. I switched around plenty of discs both new and old and it was never an issue. Try again?
Old 11-27-09, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by rw2516
Only titles that are slashed to 14.95 before you put them in your cart qualify for the 10 at $10. Titles that are 19.95 will change to 14.95 in your cart but not count toward the 10 for $10 a piece. Seems mostly older releases count while more recent additions are excluded. I hate that fucking site, took me 45min. to place an order.
I agree with you that the WB site is - without a doubt - the most screwed up site on the web.

Having said that, I ordered some recent releases - I Love Melvin and Give A Girl A Break, for example - and they both came down to the $10 price. But I could not get Made In Heaven to go to the $10 price even though I had put nine other titles in my cart. Who knows why this particular title (and no doubt a few others) behaves this way? So I deleted it and substituted a different title.

Try putting ten titles in your cart before signing into your account. When the tenth is added they should all convert to the $10 pricing. It's when you sign into your account that things go nutty. That's why I ended up using a different email address, one I had never used on the WB site. And I used it to order twice - i.e., two separate orders of 10 for $99.95.

So I am caught up with the WB Archive for a good long while, I hope.

I'm not going to bitch about this sale since it's what I have been hoping for, and asking for, for a long time. I just hope it is successful, notwithstanding the glitches at the website, so I can have more chances to buy these archive titles at a reasonable price.
Old 11-27-09, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

I tried it again and it worked. Got recent ones like BADLANDERS, ROUNDERS, SHEEPMAN, I DIED THOUSAND TIMES to work which wouldn't work on previous try.
Old 11-27-09, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered some Warner Archive titles a while ago. It's free shipping today on any order. I used both of the codes which show earlier in thread, and ended up receiving $20 off the order! It was pretty easy to maneuver.
Old 11-27-09, 01:08 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by John Sinnott
Thanks for explaining that RW. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting the discount. Too bad there are only 8 $14.95 titles I want. I'm passing.
It's a shame that you don't know a group of thread participants who would gladly buy the other 2 you need for the deal with you.
Old 11-27-09, 02:37 PM

I've tried various times to participate in the 10 discs for $100 sale and nothing seems to work. I've gone in using my customer log in, also as a guest, on different computers (one uses Internet Explorer 8, the other Google Chrome) and still the website doesn't work for me.

Each of the titles shows up in my cart as $14.95, yet when I checkout, the prices remain $14.95 each, no shipping is charged, but I'm hit for sales tax bringing the order to $165.00.

This website has had a history of being a problem, but it's been better lately. So much for that.

I guess I'll go buy other stuff from Amazon instead.

Last edited by Eastmancolor; 11-27-09 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-27-09, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

There are only four that I really want (bad enough to further run up CC debt, that is), but only two were marked down to $14.95. Bought those two (Penn & Teller Get Killed and Under the Rainbow) from Archive, bought the other two (Story of Mankind and Get to Know Your Rabbit) from Deep Discount, where their $5 coupon and the current sale there brought them down to $15 each.

Last edited by filmsoncon; 11-27-09 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-27-09, 06:33 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Third time on the site trying to get the discount to apply but it's just... not... working. The last time it applied the discount to 8 of the 10 titles, but the total from that didn't even match the order summary total. I wound up calling their customer service and placing an order over the phone.
Old 11-27-09, 08:28 PM
ADP

I have ordered from the WB site twice now and have used the code: Reward25 and had good success. the $19.95 titles were reduced to $14.95 and the $14.95's were reduced to $11-ish.

I never signed up for the insider program either. Have no problems with the sight, just play around with the codes a bit and see what works the best for you. Codes are not stackable but some offer more discounts than others regardless of what it says.
Old 11-27-09, 11:18 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I got it to work after blocking the cookies for wbshop.com in my internet browser and then allowing it.
Old 11-28-09, 02:08 AM

After playing with this a while, I figured it out. There are two groups of films that are currently listed at $15. Films originally listed on the archive have been reduced to $15 and some of the more recently listed films have also been reduced. Only the first group qualifies for the $10 for $100 sale.

What you need to do is place items in your shopping cart one at a time and examine the cart. If the cart simply shows a price of $14.95, then the item qualifies for the 10 for $100. If the cart shows a price that reads "$19.95 - $5.00 = $14.95," then the item doesn't qualify.

You can reduce your total by an additional $5 by using the CABINWB coupon code. However, you can't use the WBSEARCH or REWARD25 coupon code because that will result in your paying $11-13 apiece for the titles instead of $10.

Last edited by Silverscreenvid; 11-28-09 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-28-09, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

What is the requirements for CABINWB to work?
Old 11-28-09, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

I was able to get the 10 for $10 apiece to work on both the older and newer titles. What doesn't work(for me) is mixing them in my cart. I placed an order with ten titles that had been slashed to 14.95 before adding to cart. It worked. Placed a second order with titles that are 19.95, add to cart they show at 14.95, got ten at $10 a piece. It's when I have a mix that it doesn't work.
Old 11-28-09, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by b2net
It's a $5 off coupon. I don't know what the minimum is, but it does apply to the 10 for $100. Use it and the cost goes down to $95.
Old 11-29-09, 12:35 AM

Does anybody know if the quality of the Flight of Dragons dvd is good? It almost seems too good to be true that it's finally out.
Old 11-29-09, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Novasonic
Does anybody know if the quality of the Flight of Dragons dvd is good? It almost seems too good to be true that it's finally out.
My Flight of the Dragons DVD seemed to be of good quality. No major issues and I thought the picture looked decent. My Yogi DVD shuts off on me during the FBI warning, but if I hit play again, it plays the movie ok. It did this to me on both my DVD players.
Old 11-29-09, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by b2net
CABINWB is $5 off $50 purchase. The $5 is deducted in the "Order Summary" area at the bottom of your cart.
Old 11-29-09, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Can anyone with DVD Info or Nero CD Speed tell us what brand of blanks they're putting these on &/or what sort of scanning scores you're seeing with Nero?
Old 11-29-09, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Someone on another forum scanned them and the consensus was most likely Verbatim or Verbatim associated.

I used CABINWB on a order a couple weeks back and then again on my first 10/$100 order Friday, but I couldn't get it to apply again on a second 10/$100 order today.
Old 11-29-09, 09:40 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverscreenvid
After playing with this a while, I figured it out. There are two groups of films that are currently listed at $15. Films originally listed on the archive have been reduced to $15 and some of the more recently listed films have also been reduced. Only the first group qualifies for the $10 for $100 sale.

What you need to do is place items in your shopping cart one at a time and examine the cart. If the cart simply shows a price of $14.95, then the item qualifies for the 10 for $100. If the cart shows a price that reads "$19.95 - $5.00 = $14.95," then the item doesn't qualify.

You can reduce your total by an additional $5 by using the CABINWB coupon code. However, you can't use the WBSEARCH or REWARD25 coupon code because that will result in your paying $11-13 apiece for the titles instead of $10.
Now see, that's ridiculous. Why should you have to go thru all that trouble? The only restrictions I see are that you can't use the offer on value packs or multi-disc sets. It also says "over 380 titles to choose from" and there's only 396 titles available in the archive series. And when you click the link, all of the titles show up! Something is wrong with their site!

That's why I wound up calling to place my order.... ahhh...
Old 11-30-09, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
Now see, that's ridiculous. Why should you have to go thru all that trouble? The only restrictions I see are that you can't use the offer on value packs or multi-disc sets. It also says "over 380 titles to choose from" and there's only 396 titles available in the archive series. And when you click the link, all of the titles show up! Something is wrong with their site!

That's why I wound up calling to place my order.... ahhh...
By the time I actually placed an order yesterday, they had their shopping cart fixed so that any ten titles shown at $14.95 qualified (essentially everything in the archive except the multidisc sets and a couple of the recent titles). The CABINWB coupon also works to take the price down to $95. however, the 20 and 25% coupons don't work with the 10 for 100. If you have only a couple of titles you want, you can use the 20 or 25% off coupons and get the price down to $12 or $11.25 a title, respectively.

Admittedly, they have a very difficult site to work with, but you don't have much of a choice if you want any of the Archive titles at anything approaching a decent price.
Old 12-02-09, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received this coupon offer in my email this evening. Apparently there was a problem with the web site and they sent this coupon as an apology.

20% off any purchase of Warner archive collection titles purchased by December 4, 2009. Enter promo code WACDEC09 during checkout. It's says it can be used one time.
Old 12-03-09, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Received this coupon offer in my email this evening. Apparently there was a problem with the web site and they sent this coupon as an apology.

20% off any purchase of Warner archive collection titles purchased by December 4, 2009. Enter promo code WACDEC09 during checkout. It's says it can be used one time.
They wouldn't let you buy these movies at $10 apiece, so now they'll give you a coupon to buy them for $16.

They're all heart.

I noticed that a lot of movies still show at $15, so you might be able to use the coupon and get them for $12.
Old 12-06-09, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Warner Archive on sale at Deeeeep Discount, FWIW:

DeepDiscount Sale

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.