Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

BestBuy.com - BB Exclusive Farscape Complete $69.99 + S&H + Tax

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-09, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BestBuy.com - BB Exclusive Farscape Complete $69.99 + S&H + Tax

If anyone is still looking for the Farscape complete series box set, just saw it at Costco (Canada) for $69.99 though don't think it has the Peacekeeper Wars discs with it.
Old 11-29-09, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by bayoozen
I was impressed with how perfect the box and all the discs looked. Then I saw the two disc 2s and was like you've got to be kidding me. I'm not exchanging the whole set cuz I know I will end up with some scratched discs and crappy box. I'm gettin that disc somehow or another.
Dammit, I just opened my copy of the BB Exclusive set, and it has 2 copies of the Archives Disc 2 in place of Disc 1 also. And now all of the Best Buys near me are out of stock, so I won't be able to exchange it. Has anyone with this problem had any luck getting a replacement Archives Disc 1 from the manufacturer?
Old 11-29-09, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Liontamer
Dammit, I just opened my copy of the BB Exclusive set, and it has 2 copies of the Archives Disc 2 in place of Disc 1 also. And now all of the Best Buys near me are out of stock, so I won't be able to exchange it. Has anyone with this problem had any luck getting a replacement Archives Disc 1 from the manufacturer?
If your store has the regular release of Farscape, but not the Exclusive, you could do this...

Take a regular 2-Disc DVD Case and put the Archives Artwork and Discs into it. Leave The Peacekeeper Wars in the 4-Disc DVD Case at home. Exchange the set and get the correct Archives Discs. Take that home and put the Archives Artwork and Discs into the 4-Disc DVD Case. Problem solved.

If your store doesn't have it in stock, you could do something else, but it's a little more complicated. You could order the regular edition from the website, then just return it. And when you return it and get your money back, also have the other edition (having done what I said above) with you and ask to exchange it.

Not sure if you'd want to do either of those, but if the Manufacturer isn't offering a replacement it might be worth trying.
Old 11-29-09, 07:59 PM

You can get a replacement. I emailed [email protected] and told them my situation and surprisingly they emailed me back and were going to send me the replacement but I had figured out another more complicated way before I had read that email.

Last edited by bayoozen; 11-29-09 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-29-09, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
If your store has the regular release of Farscape, but not the Exclusive, you could do this...

Take a regular 2-Disc DVD Case and put the Archives Artwork and Discs into it. Leave The Peacekeeper Wars in the 4-Disc DVD Case at home. Exchange the set and get the correct Archives Discs. Take that home and put the Archives Artwork and Discs into the 4-Disc DVD Case. Problem solved.

If your store doesn't have it in stock, you could do something else, but it's a little more complicated. You could order the regular edition from the website, then just return it. And when you return it and get your money back, also have the other edition (having done what I said above) with you and ask to exchange it.

Not sure if you'd want to do either of those, but if the Manufacturer isn't offering a replacement it might be worth trying.
Unfortunately, the Best Buy stores near me are completely sold out of these sets, exclusive version or otherwise.
Originally Posted by bayoozen
You can get a replacement. I emailed [email protected] and told them my situation and surprisingly they emailed me back and were going to send me the replacement but I had figured out another more complicated way before I had read that email.
Thanks for the tip. I'll drop an e-mail to that address and see if they can help me out.
Old 12-06-09, 02:30 PM

anybody else spot the tcr 37 minutes in on "mental as anything" (4.15)?