Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

BestBuy.com - BB Exclusive Farscape Complete $69.99 + S&H + Tax

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-09, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BestBuy.com - BB Exclusive Farscape Complete $69.99 + S&H + Tax

I've seen about half the series so far, and it's far more British in style than American. It shares more than a few similarities with 1970's BBC series Blake's 7. A breath of fresh air, but since Best Buy typically has Reward Zone coupons around holiday time, I'm waiting to see it I can get an extra 10% off this price...
Old 11-17-09, 01:59 PM

Picked this up this morning (big day with this and the Star Trek BB Exc!) and I haven't opened it yet but there is a sticker on it that indicates that the Peacekeeper Wars is included.
Old 11-17-09, 02:16 PM

Kicking myself a little for this. I ordered the John Adams blu and was going to pick up Farscape at the same time. Just went on BB site and, of course, the stores closest are all out of stock at the moment - all had stock this morning...
at worst case I can order it and pay the $2.xx in delivery.

Old 11-17-09, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
I've heard great things about this show, is it worth the blind buy for someone who is into SciFi Television shows?
YES!

Some warning though... it's not Battlestar Galactica. Don't go expecting that. It's not Babylon 5. It's not SG-1. It's just as good as those - I'm not saying set your expectations low - but it's really different.

Do you like the recent seasons of Doctor Who? It's probably comparable. Upbeat fun one minute, deadly serious the next.

Warning: there are practical effects. As in non-CG. as in... well... Two of the main characters are muppets. Personally, I'll take that over Jar Jar any day, but some people really hold that against the show.

It's also very very random at times. It thrives on the unexpected, going against genre. This is something that other shows do, to, but Farscape seemed to make randomness an art form. For example, one cliffhanger has the main character getting married and then immediately turned into a bronze statue. Yes, you read that right. and then there's the entire major arc of season 3, which I won't spoil.

It's... quite unlike most anything else they've ever put on TV.

Picking up my copy later today, and looking forward to rediscovering these characters.

Last edited by Spaceknight; 11-17-09 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-17-09, 02:17 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for this, placed an order a couple days ago. I was going to go for the DeepDiscount deal but I'd rather pay a buck more after tax to get the PeaceKeeper Wars with it. Now to wait for it to ship.
Old 11-17-09, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I only watched Season 1 and the tone was quite varied. Some eps were deep and emotional, others were downright silly (in a good way).
I have heard people complain about the Muppets, but I though they were very alive. Besides, what's the difference between that, CGI, and a costume? And after an episode or two, they become creatures, not puppets.

Check your receipt - my copy was tagged at 129.99, and rung up at 99.95. I told them the website had it for 69.99, so after a few minutes the manager walked the clerk through a 30$ price cut (so I actually saved four more cents!)

2 of the 6 stores nearest me had none in stock even this morning before they opened, now 5 of 6 have no stock.
Old 11-17-09, 02:24 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn...just ordered and shipped from DD last week!
Oh well...I do already have the Peacekeeper DVD...
Old 11-17-09, 04:29 PM

Thanks for pointing this out guys. I picked it up today with in store pickup from bb.com. Great deal! Blind buy for me.
Old 11-17-09, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Just a heads up for anyone using Best Buy's Availability finder on their .com site.

Items will show up as "Not Available" for in-store pickup if there are less than 3 copies of said item in the particular store.
Old 11-17-09, 05:17 PM

I am so mad, I picked this up today and got 2 "archival disc two" discs and no "archival disc one". Nearest Best Buy is an hour away which i drove to get this at.
Old 11-17-09, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by bayoozen
I am so mad, I picked this up today and got 2 "archival disc two" discs and no "archival disc one". Nearest Best Buy is an hour away which i drove to get this at.
Well that sucks....just curious - why not order it from the BB website instead of driving a 2 hr. round trip to obtain it?
Old 11-17-09, 06:28 PM

I went there because I wanted it today. I didn't want to wait another week. So a little extra money was worth it to get it sooner. Plus, the chances of the packaging being damaged are greater when it is shipped in the mail I would say.
Old 11-17-09, 07:03 PM

I went there because I wanted it today. I didn't want to wait another week. So a little extra money was worth it to get it sooner. Plus, the chances of the packaging being damaged are greater when it is shipped in the mail I would say.
I'd rather have slightly damaged packaging than the wrong discs ;-) Just joking with ya - hope you get it all worked out.
Old 11-17-09, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks to the OP for originally posting this. After a hassle at one of my local BB's, I picked up one of the two copies left at the store.

Funny you mention that. The 3 copies I saw total at two local BB's I went to all had packaging that looked like someone tried to headbutt it

Picked the one that bothered me the least.
Old 11-17-09, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Yeah, mine's not trashed, but it's definitely not mint. One had a smashed corner, and the one I got has a little scratch on the back where they opened the case, and some weird sticky place on the front, that I hope is just on the plastic. I'm more worried about getting the right 26 disks
Old 11-17-09, 09:14 PM

I was impressed with how perfect the box and all the discs looked. Then I saw the two disc 2s and was like you've got to be kidding me. I'm not exchanging the whole set cuz I know I will end up with some scratched discs and crappy box. I'm gettin that disc somehow or another.
Old 11-17-09, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate to say this but after reading your post bayoozen, I checked all my discs in the car

The BB I went to was almost 35 minutes away and I didn't want to drive back.
Old 11-17-09, 10:04 PM

I actually thought about checking them in the car before i left and for some reason I was like nahhhhhh. That will not happen again lol. It's actually amazing how many times I've bought DVDs and there's like usually huge scratches on them. This has actually happened to me twice before, once with Terminator 2 where I received 2 of disc two and also one of The Shield seasons, they gave me 2 disc twos and no disc one. But I have well over a thousand DVDs so the chances are quite slim, but they are increased in a set like this. I actually go through and check to make sure that each disc is the correct disc, which most people probably just assume.
Old 11-17-09, 10:28 PM
FSA

I picked it up in store, but they didn't have the Peacekeeper Wars disc in stock. Did anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by FSA; 11-17-09 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-17-09, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by FSA
I picked it up in store, but they didn't have the Peacekeeper Wars disc in stock. Did anyone else have this problem?
I didn't check to see if they had the PW disc available as it comes in the set.
Old 11-17-09, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by FSA
If you bought it at Best Buy, the Peacekeeper Wars discs are inside of the Complete Series box. Should have a "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker on the front.

Here is burnside's picture of the set with the shrink wrap still on.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9834232-post97.html
Old 11-17-09, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Thanks to the OP for originally posting this. After a hassle at one of my local BB's, I picked up one of the two copies left at the store.

Funny you mention that. The 3 copies I saw total at two local BB's I went to all had packaging that looked like someone tried to headbutt it

Picked the one that bothered me the least.
The copy that I purchased online for instore pick-up looked like it was sitting in their warehouse for some time before being sent to the store. Had a little damage on the corners but I don't really care. I got this for the DVD's and not the packaging. I took everything out and put it on my shelf. The outer box is sitting in my closet.

-Will

Last edited by dlbsyst; 11-19-09 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-21-09, 12:47 AM

im a littled annoyed at myself on this one, i lost track & thought it came out next week..
just spotted the bestbuy.com price, & backordered, no stock in my area.. -_-;

amazon says 25, bestbuy says 26, but pkw is 2 discs..
i know both discs are included, so is it really 27?
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9836643-post119.html
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9835592-post103.html

maybe ill just order from dd, & get pkw seperate,
rather than get a headache trying to find it at the end of the week..
packaging doesnt look like itll be any different at bestbuy,
just an extra tray in one case, & a sticker on front

scratch that, while contemplating a backorder just for the better price,
i managed to get best buy to admit to another somewhat local store that had stock..
(had to change the last digit of my zip, why i cant i see more than 5 locations or expand searchable distance??)
of course they are closed, so i wont be surprised if it gets canceled tomorrow when they update
Old 11-22-09, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by rabbit138
im a littled annoyed at myself on this one, i lost track & thought it came out next week..
just spotted the price, & backordered, no stock in my area.. -_-;

amazon says 25, bestbuy says 26, but pkw is 2 discs..
i know both discs are included, so is it really 27?

maybe ill just order from dd, & get pkw seperate,
rather than get a headache trying to find it at the end of the week..
packaging doesnt look like itll be any different at bestbuy,
just an extra tray in one case, & a sticker on front

scratch that, while contemplating a backorder just for the better price,
i managed to get best buy to admit to another somewhat local store that had stock..
(had to change the last digit of my zip, why i cant i see more than 5 locations or expand searchable distance??)
of course they are closed, so i wont be surprised if it gets canceled tomorrow when they update
No site seems to be able to get the disc numbers correct...

Normal set: 4 seasons at 6 discs each + 2 archives discs = 26 discs
BB exclusive: Normal set + 2 PK Wars discs = 28 discs

I have it in hand, and that's what there really is. The packaging of the set itself is correct as well, stating 26 discs (well, correct for the normal set - the BB exclusive set is the normal packaging with only a sticker on the shrinkwrap indicating the 2 extra discs).
Old 11-23-09, 02:49 PM

If your into scifi then you'll enjoy this series. I'm an avid scifi fan and loyal to many series; B5, Star Trek, Stargate's but when it comes to stories and the make-up and throw in Henson animatronic creatures this is a series to MUST SEE and own.Most of the scifi series when it comes to alien beings they usually throw on a coat of paint and call it a day but Farscape goes beyond that since it has the Henson creature workshop behind it so it's all done first class. You'll notice a difference in D'Argo's face in season 1 and they gave him a tan from season 2 on wards. Just "Pilot" alone takes 8 people to operate and Rigel it takes 4 people.

After reading some of the post here some have said that the two puppets...there NOT puppets, there animatronics where in Pilots case it takes up to 12 people to operate him and Rygel it takes up to 8 people to operate him. A puppet is where a person puts there hand up a sock type character where as animatronics are done with hytralics and cables.If this set has it included in the behind the scenes it will show you how they operate the characters.

Last edited by davron; 12-06-09 at 03:30 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.