Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 6

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-09, 12:20 AM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 6

Originally Posted by hasslein
Santa Monica, or Sherman Oaks? How much were they asking for it?
Sherman Oaks. It was priced at a very reasonable $80.99

Old 07-31-09, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Both of these that I saw were the single-disc foolscreen versions so buyer beware!
bright lights big city is not available anywhere at all in widescreen, its been on my want list for a long time, I might have to break down and buy it in fool screen. just like one of my guilty pleasures "last action hero" couldnt find it in widescreen anywhere and had eventually break down and buy fool screen (I love that movie, its arnold making fun of arnold), gotta love when f. murray abraham comes out and the kid tells arnold "watch out-he killed mozart!"
Old 07-31-09, 12:34 AM

Nothing in Nashville on Charlotte this afternoon either. Perhaps the well is dry.
Old 07-31-09, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
Sherman Oaks. It was priced at a very reasonable $80.99

such a bargain, lol. they prob gave him about $15 for it, $20 at the very most, plus a copy of joey for his trouble

Last edited by jgorow; 07-31-09 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-31-09, 12:53 AM

Nothing in Franklin, TN either. Might go check Columbia tomorrow unless someone has a report? They do have a TON of 3 dollar singles there so I might get sucked in again regardless of the box set situation.
Old 07-31-09, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Managed to grab a copy of Lois and Clark S3 for $3, but otherwise nothing much happening at the Kennett Square and Aston stores. The Aston store still has some War at Home, Popeye, Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs 2, OC S2 and West Wing 2. Oh yes, and a few copies of Joey remain at Kennett for $6
Old 07-31-09, 05:52 AM

The discussion of the WB boxed sets has had thousands of comments and no one has linked to this guy's review of Joey: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/21851...-first-season/
Old 07-31-09, 07:51 AM

I didn't see anything in Columbia, TN or Franklin yesterday. I've been to both numerous times in the last two weeks, and never saw any of the good $3 sets.
Old 07-31-09, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was there ever anything more than isolated sightings of the LOONEY TUNES Box Set outside of Ohio and some parts of the eastern U.S.? I am pretty certain it never showed up in Illinois or California, two states I have been able to check since it was first reported. I'm just wondering if some of the higher ticket sets were so limited they never made it to most areas of the country. ???
Old 07-31-09, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
My area has always been a week or two behind, so I fully expect that this weekend, or at the start of next week, I'll see the $10 sets show up. Then after that, I have no clue. I haven't heard from those that get things a week or two before me that they've seen anything new since the $10 sets.
I hope this is the case.

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 07-31-09 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-31-09, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For those of us in upstate SC, I'm almost 100% sure that all of those stores get their trucks on Fridays, and the stock is put out on the floor between Saturday and Monday. That's how it has been at each one of them I've been to so far, so let's be on the lookout this weekend. If we don't see new stuff this weekend, then yeah, we're likely out of luck.
Old 07-31-09, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The manager I spoke with here in the Chicago area said that their delivery trucks come on Friday and new stock is usually out on the floor by opening on Sunday morning. Of course, he also said that there is no guarantee the Friday deliveries will include any DVDs.
Old 07-31-09, 10:44 AM

Just thought I'd throw this out there. For those of you who did miss out on finding any of the crypt sets (like myself), most all of them are selling on amazon marketplace ~$5 to $6. Of course you gotta pay shipping too, but still, subtract gas/in-store hassle and you almost come out on the wash.
Old 07-31-09, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mike Long
The discussion of the WB boxed sets has had thousands of comments and no one has linked to this guy's review of Joey: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/21851...-first-season/
But... you also highly recommended Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses.
Old 07-31-09, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by illennium
But... you also highly recommended Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses.
if you want a real bomb, its that "theodore rex" it had a 35 mill budget, originally intended for theatrical release, was released direct to video after disasterous test screenings, whoopi goldberg tried to back out after committing to it, but the producers sued her and she had to do the film.
Old 07-31-09, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Was there ever anything more than isolated sightings of the LOONEY TUNES Box Set outside of Ohio and some parts of the eastern U.S.? I am pretty certain it never showed up in Illinois or California, two states I have been able to check since it was first reported. I'm just wondering if some of the higher ticket sets were so limited they never made it to most areas of the country. ???
There's no method or formula for what stors get what sets. I live in CA and haven't found LT where I live but it's been spotted all over SoCal. The set I have now was from IL where the guy who traded it to me lived. It's just hit or miss.
Old 07-31-09, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SimpsonsFan
Just thought I'd throw this out there. For those of you who did miss out on finding any of the crypt sets (like myself), most all of them are selling on amazon marketplace ~$5 to $6. Of course you gotta pay shipping too, but still, subtract gas/in-store hassle and you almost come out on the wash.
all except the 7th which is the only one I want but I remember it being crap anyways. I just bought the first one for $6 to finish my 1-6 collection, got it today.
Old 07-31-09, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bmvtoys
Now the big question is, will that supplier be held responsible too..(possesion and sale of stolen goods, etc
Not unless there was intent and I'm guessing the supplier wasn't told the stuff was stolen before they bought them.
Old 07-31-09, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by boc4ever
Managed to grab a copy of Lois and Clark S3 for $3, but otherwise nothing much happening at the Kennett Square and Aston stores. The Aston store still has some War at Home, Popeye, Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs 2, OC S2 and West Wing 2. Oh yes, and a few copies of Joey remain at Kennett for $6
I just returned Lois and Clark seAson 2 /& 3 to aston
yesterday. Probably saw the one I returned.

Was at Kennet square today and saw
best of scooby movies and a couple
Bob and the devil.
Old 07-31-09, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
The manager I spoke with here in the Chicago area said that their delivery trucks come on Friday and new stock is usually out on the floor by opening on Sunday morning. Of course, he also said that there is no guarantee the Friday deliveries will include any DVDs.
I dunno about Sunday. The only time I found anything good in Chicagoland BL's was on a Friday afternoon. And I know the stuff had just been put out because the Looney Tunes, Super Bowl, and IMAX stuff were still on the shelves.
Old 07-31-09, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Alrighty, what I said earlier is at least partially true. I've had at least two stores tell me they have received new DVDs today and that they'll be put out between tonight and Monday or Tuesday at the absolute latest. They told me they weren't sure if it was a restock of the $3 sets or the new $10 stuff, but that they did get new DVDs in for sure.

The game continues guys!

Well, at least for those of use who are behind some of the others.
Old 07-31-09, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Neither the NW OKC or MWC, OK stores have had anything new in a week. We never got the $10 sets or most of the more desirable box sets, either. I hope they get some new stuff soon, otherwise I'll be back to having no purpose in life.
Old 07-31-09, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Preterite
I dunno about Sunday. The only time I found anything good in Chicagoland BL's was on a Friday afternoon. And I know the stuff had just been put out because the Looney Tunes, Super Bowl, and IMAX stuff were still on the shelves.
Which location in the Chicagoland area are you referring to Preterite?
Old 07-31-09, 08:06 PM

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

nothing new in Methuen, MA or Derry, NH.
Old 07-31-09, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Ishouldknowbetter
nothing new in Methuen, MA or Derry, NH.
Or Portsmouth. Still a half-ish open case of Popeye there on the floor this morning, and a few stragglers like common Flintstones sets, Dastardly & Muttley, Life Goes On S1, War At Home S1.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.