Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-09, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 4

Originally Posted by wormraper
for people who have gotten the Thundercats sets. Are they the full 6 disc sets or are they split up from the box sets and trying to sell "individually"???
Both of the Thundercat boxsets that I got (Season 2 Volume 1 and Season 2 Volume 2) are both real box sets. Each boxset has 6 discs (3 keepcases with 2 discs in each). The outside of the box has a nice hologram in color. S2 V1 has episodes 1 through 34 and S2 V2 has episodes 35 through 65.
Old 07-12-09, 02:21 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
Both of the Thundercat boxsets that I got (Season 2 Volume 1 and Season 2 Volume 2) are both real box sets. Each boxset has 6 discs (3 keepcases with 2 discs in each). The outside of the box has a nice hologram in color. S2 V1 has episodes 1 through 34 and S2 V2 has episodes 35 through 65.
sweet, that's what I needed to know.
Old 07-12-09, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
I totally understand where you are comming from and normally i would not buy something simply to resell but they had a lot left when i purchased the couple i did (keeping one for myself) and then taking them to ameoba which (by their very nature pay crap for movies and then raise the price for a profit. an example they did give me 35 for the sets but they resell them even higher currently that wonder woman set in amoeba is 95 used)

if there had only been say 5 copies at big lots i would have just bought one for myself and left the rest for others but there alot more than that even after i bought what i bought, and according to the service manager they will be getting more in. so in a week moment i decided since its a little tight for me this month why not buy a couple and see what i can get, from the place that usually gives people a fraction of what they go and resell it for when u trade in or sell.

i did only buy 2 smallville season 7 blus though one for me and one to hopefully trade evenly for season 6 on blu or if i cant find one of those then i will just sell it to someone for the 6 i paid for it.

like i said i see your point and normally would not buy to resell, but reading your post definately does make me feel kind of jerkish.

QUOTE=Alan Smithee;9564133]People who buy stuff like that just to resell at a profit are among the lowest forms of life on earth. They just screw people out of getting them at the original price. Reply to the Craigslist ads telling them you'll give 'em $6.00, not a penny more.

More than 10 years ago I got into a flame war with some jerk on alt.video.laserdisc who was buying cutout LDs from Camelot Music and trying to sell them at more than twice what he paid. When I criticized him for doing that he sent me some nice profanity-filled emails, and (horror of horrors) said he would NEVER let me buy anything from him. Here's the post that started it, still archived:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.v...a8c72f04919893
meh don't worry about it. i wouldn't mind making a little money when i can, i'm freaking broke.
Old 07-12-09, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think I've gotten just about everything I want. If I come across a Wonder Woman, I'll pick it up, but I'm not interested enough to keep searching.
Old 07-12-09, 09:36 AM

like i said i see your point and normally would not buy to resell, but reading your post definately does make me feel kind of jerkish.
Bah, if you can make a profit this way just laugh all the way to the bank. I used to pick up some copies for resale on occasion, but usually with BL stuff the price drops so rapidly it was not worth my time to do it anymore. Now I just buy what I want and just one copy at that. I haven't been able to find Pinky v.1 and Wonder Woman complete, but I'm sure not blaming anyone for it. Don't feel bad or jerkish.

Just make sure if you're buying for resale you take off the BL $3 or $6 sticker before sending it to your customer . LOL.
Old 07-12-09, 09:45 AM

I still can't find the other 6 disc versions of Thundercats. The only one I found was season 2 part 2. I've been to a bunch of stores.
Old 07-12-09, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Phibes

Just make sure if you're buying for resale you take off the BL $3 or $6 sticker before sending it to your customer . LOL.
That is the funniest line in this whole thread!
Old 07-12-09, 10:34 AM

Went to 2 locations in/near Hickory, NC today and found nothing. I picked up Animaniacs Vol 1 a few weeks ago, but haven't seen anything since. Anybody seen any $6 boxed sets anywhere near here recently?

Last edited by jsz1002; 07-12-09 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-12-09, 10:39 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

i know i thought they were miss priced at first, and was expecting the cashier to say that they were not suppose to be 6.00 each
normally iam not one to buy a bunch of something to resell for a profit but its a tight month for me with my rent going up and taxes going up yet again, and then getting that flipping iou for my state tax refund instead of actual money. couldnt pass up buying a few extra, and like i said there were still 10 instock when i left. i
Huh? Just 12 hours ago:
I just picked up Lost season 1 and 2 today at ameoba records for 24.99 each looking forward to poping those in just a bit
So you are hurting for money yet just had to get 2 BDs for $50 each? No, you flipped for profit. You don't need to lie.
Old 07-12-09, 11:01 AM
Cool New Member

He also said he only bought "a couple" after originally saying he bought "five copies of the Woman Woman complete series." Quite a difference. If someone buys an extra copy to trade or sell, I don't care. That's part of the fun. But five? Are we running a business now? In the end, people are going to do this kind of stuff, but it's the trying to justify it here that's the sad part. Why brag or post that you have "several copies available for trade"? We're all after the same thing -- a good DVD bargain -- and telling us you just cleaned out some stock to resell for higher isn't what it's about. I'm sure many titles that don't get traded here will wind up being sold online. So anyone who was interested in picking these titles up and can't find them at their local BL can always check Craigslist or eBay. "$30 FIRM."
Old 07-12-09, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hate greedy people, this is why I can't find any of these at mine. I sold a few used DVDs that had no replay value so I can get one or two of these finds & the only good thing they had was Night Court season 1.
Old 07-12-09, 11:22 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Or you can also post your own Craigslist ad stating that such and such titles are on sale at Big Lots for $6 and to check there first.
Just noticed someone did this exact thing in the San Fernando Valley (Cali) ads.
Old 07-12-09, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So have people noticed these things on shelves today, if their store didn't previously carry them? Thinking of going to the store soon.
Old 07-12-09, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up a Smallville S 7 blu. See the exchange thread, if interested.
Old 07-12-09, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

excuse me sir i had store credit there that is how i picked those two up.
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Huh? Just 12 hours ago:

So you are hurting for money yet just had to get 2 BDs for $50 each? No, you flipped for profit. You don't need to lie.
Old 07-12-09, 11:44 AM
Suspended

excuse me sir i had store credit there that is how i picked those two up.
Sir, you still said you spent on them. And if money was tight you seemed OK to afford $30 ($6x5 = $30) plus another $25 ($50) each on Lost.
Old 07-12-09, 11:47 AM
vgc

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
So have people noticed these things on shelves today, if their store didn't previously carry them? Thinking of going to the store soon.
I checked out 4 Big Lots here in Kansas City and didn't see any new stuff. There has been some stuff like Dukes of Hazzard, West Wing, OC, and Joey at 3 of the stores, and 1 store has yet to put out any sets at all. I checked them all today and no new stuff.

Does the Big Lots ad come out in the paper? if so what day does it come out. It is not in our Sunday ad.

Thanks,
vgc
Old 07-12-09, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah i did say i bought five(kept one sold four) and compared to how many were in stock at that store it is only a couple. there were still 10 left there when i left.

and you know what they still have 9 in there when i just went in this morning to check if they had smallville season 6.
s

like i said i agree and normally i dont take and buy something to resell, but i did it this one time, and i even agreed in my prior post after reading what was said that i felt kind jerkish for doing so.
and would not do so ever again.

Originally Posted by lastdiplomat
He also said he only bought "a couple" after originally saying he bought "five copies of the Woman Woman complete series." Quite a difference. If someone buys an extra copy to trade or sell, I don't care. That's part of the fun. But five? Are we running a business now? In the end, people are going to do this kind of stuff, but it's the trying to justify it here that's the sad part. Why brag or post that you have "several copies available for trade"? We're all after the same thing -- a good DVD bargain -- and telling us you just cleaned out some stock to resell for higher isn't what it's about. I'm sure many titles that don't get traded here will wind up being sold online. So anyone who was interested in picking these titles up and can't find them at their local BL can always check Craigslist or eBay. "$30 FIRM."
Old 07-12-09, 11:50 AM
Suspended

So anyone spot new stock at stores that previously had some boxsets? Gonna hit up my BL in a few hours and try and grab 20-30 sets of Wonder Women to resell on Craigslist.
Old 07-12-09, 11:52 AM

NOTHING new was put out at the Big Lots here. They don't even have any ad flyers in this store. UGH! I'm losing hope fast of ever finding the Dallas sets.
Old 07-12-09, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

there is no need in attacking someone who says hey you know what i bought multiple copies to resell this one time .but hey after reading someone else post, i feel jerkish about,

in otherwords i am saying i was wrong but thats just not good enough for some of you and you just have to keep jumping down my throat.
Old 07-12-09, 12:04 PM

there is no need in attacking someone who says hey you know what i bought multiple copies to resell this one time .but hey after reading someone else post, i feel jerkish about,

in otherwords i am saying i was wrong but thats just not good enough for some of you and you just have to keep jumping down my throat.
I haven't commented on this yet, but seems like since it upsets people (rightfully so) and you said that you feel like a jerk (rightfully so) for doing it, that returning them to Big Lots for a refund or trading them here would make everybody happy!
Old 07-12-09, 12:19 PM
Cool New Member

Well, on a different note...
I posted this list in the Big Lots exchange forum as well...

Figured as long as I was there I might as well grab a bunch of stuff for forum members since resellers tend to pick stores clean. All I'm still finding at the stores near me are Dukes of Hazard season 4,5 & 6...West Wing season 2 (tons of em) a couple more Dallas season 1and2 in the regular cases bound together. The Beach store had about 9 copies of the Rock Roll set and a handful of Pinky and the Brain 2 and Roots generations. So if anyone is desparate I can swing by and see what's left.

All right here is my list of tradables.
I'm either looking to trade or sell at purchased price plus shipping.
Not looking to get rich, just want to help distribute this stuff to members or take em back for a refund.

I am looking for:
Wonder Woman Complete series
Nip Tuck Blu Ray season 4
Wait Till Your Father Gets Home season 1

I have for trade:
New Scooby Doo movies
Dallas seasons 1&2,4,6
Animaniacs sason 1 (x2)
Animaniacs season 2(x1)
Smallville season 7 BluRay (x2)
Pinky & the Brain season 1 (x1)
Pinky & the Brain season 2 (x1)
Loonatics complete second season
Nip/Tuck season 4 (sd)
Superfriends volume 2
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
an Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder
NFL Inside the Vault 1960-1970
ER season 7 (x2)
ER season 2
ER season 9

Last edited by alltwistedup; 07-12-09 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-12-09, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by alltwistedup
Well, on a different note...
I posted this list in the Big Lots exchange forum as well...

Figured as long as I was there I might as well grab a bunch of stuff for forum members since resellers tend to pick stores clean. All I'm still finding at the stores near me are Dukes of Hazard season 4,5 & 6...West Wing season 2 (tons of em) a couple more Dallas season 1and2 in the regular cases bound together. The Beach store had about 9 copies of the Rock Roll set and a handful of Pinky and the Brain 2 and Roots generations. So if anyone is desparate I can swing by and see what's left.

All right here is my list of tradables.
I'm either looking to trade or sell at purchased price plus shipping.
Not looking to get rich, just want to help distribute this stuff to members or take em back for a refund.

I am looking for:
Wonder Woman Complete series
Nip Tuck Blu Ray season 4
Wait Till Your Father Gets Home season 1

I have for trade:
New Scooby Doo movies
Dallas seasons 1&2,4,6
Animaniacs sason 1 (x2)
Animaniacs season 2(x1)
Smallville season 7 BluRay (x2)
Pinky & the Brain season 1 (x1)
Pinky & the Brain season 2 (x1)
Loonatics complete second season
Nip/Tuck season 4 (sd)
Superfriends volume 2
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
an Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder
NFL Inside the Vault 1960-1970
ER season 7 (x2)
ER season 2
ER season 9
That's cool of you to help out those of us that are less fortunate! The lone Big Lots here doesn't have anything on your want list, but I'd love to take the Dallas seasons and the Animaniacs V2 off your hands! PM sent!

Last edited by NCC1701E; 07-12-09 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-12-09, 01:45 PM

For those of us anxiously waiting for the Sunday morning Bonanza, I suspect it turned out to be a bust in many cases. The Big Lots are still putting out new box sets but at the same rate they have been for the past two weeks. So it looks like another week of visiting Big Lots, to find that elusive set, or if you are getting tired, check out the Big Lots Exchange threat on DVD Talk and make a deal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.