Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-09, 06:16 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

Originally Posted by moiety
There's a bunch of really rare titles in there. Wild Arms 2, Najica 3, Tenjo Tenge 2, among others that WTK already posted. Lot of titles I never thought I'd see again on Rightstuf. Picked up several items to fill the holes in my collection.
Yeah there were tons of rare titles early this afternoon. I didn't list all of them. The list would at double if not triple the amount. It's was kind of fun to see all those OOP ADV collections re-listed though most of them are gone now.
Old 04-03-09, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

101 copies of Paranoia Agent Volume 4...now that is funny.

Darn it. Missed the Zipang Volume 6.
Old 04-04-09, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by mordaane
101 copies of Paranoia Agent Volume 4...now that is funny.

Darn it. Missed the Zipang Volume 6.
I managed to get a copy for 13 bucks at FYE not too long ago when they had 50% off Geneon tiles, it might be worth checking.
Old 04-05-09, 07:49 AM

Hi guys,

i was away for 4 days visiting my uncle

Today i got two good news (via email )

First, rightstuf (Mr. Kleckner) answered via email to my problem with the dvds and could show me a good solution

Second, the Popotan DVD Box is available again, grabbed one box set

I am very satisfied with rightstuf.com and the rightstuf-team

RockJack
Old 04-06-09, 04:39 PM

I just had my first bad experience with TRSI, and figured I'd warn the rest of you. Maybe this should be in the store forum, but I know this is where most people who shop there will look.

A few weeks back, I ordered the Black Lagoon Second Barrage box set. It arrived on Saturday, and I opened it up, only to find the Steelbook covered in small scratches. It also didn't have a security sticker on top, just a small piece of one that must have been left over when someone peeled it off. Clearly, this was a repackaging job, all the discs thrown into a Volume 1 case that didn't sell or something. I'm not sure if it's Geneon or TRSI who's responsible. Well, I emailed customer service, and they will exchange the set, but I have to pay for shipping. They will only cover shipping if they sent me the wrong item. The set that I was sent was opened, poorly handled by someone, and damaged, and then sold as being in new condition, which it is clearly not.

If this is a practice that TRSI continues, I don't think I'll be buying from them anymore. Their studio sales only bring prices down almost to the level of the DeepDiscount sale, and I almost never wait long enough to take advantage of their bargain bin. My only regret is that I just renewed my GotAnime membership.
Old 04-06-09, 04:48 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by VamPirateXXX
::: snipe :::
That doesn't sound right. I would try to contact DLK himself @ [email protected].
Old 04-06-09, 05:03 PM

*snip*
Wow that is not good. They should really pay for the return shipping considering the circumstances involved. They probably just gave you a generic response when seeing that you were returning something.
Old 04-06-09, 05:08 PM
Banned

Big Lots had a bunch of copies of Katsuhiro Otomo Presents: Memories for $3.
Old 04-06-09, 05:24 PM

### snipe ###
Are the scratches inside the steelbook or outside? Are scratches on the DVD's too?

Well i am not angry about scratches inside a steelbook/metal tin box because nobody can see them (steelbooks/metal tin cases are always closed) and if the dvds are allright and have no scratches its ok for me.
Old 04-06-09, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by junglalien
A bargain if there ever was one. A great film!
Old 04-06-09, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

don't you mean 3 films
Old 04-07-09, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
don't you mean 3 films
If you say so! Either way works for me.
Old 04-07-09, 08:53 AM
Cool New Member

I just had my first bad experience with TRSI, and figured I'd warn the rest of you. Maybe this should be in the store forum, but I know this is where most people who shop there will look.

A few weeks back, I ordered the Black Lagoon Second Barrage box set. It arrived on Saturday, and I opened it up, only to find the Steelbook covered in small scratches. It also didn't have a security sticker on top, just a small piece of one that must have been left over when someone peeled it off. Clearly, this was a repackaging job, all the discs thrown into a Volume 1 case that didn't sell or something. I'm not sure if it's Geneon or TRSI who's responsible. Well, I emailed customer service, and they will exchange the set, but I have to pay for shipping. They will only cover shipping if they sent me the wrong item. The set that I was sent was opened, poorly handled by someone, and damaged, and then sold as being in new condition, which it is clearly not.

If this is a practice that TRSI continues, I don't think I'll be buying from them anymore. Their studio sales only bring prices down almost to the level of the DeepDiscount sale, and I almost never wait long enough to take advantage of their bargain bin. My only regret is that I just renewed my GotAnime membership.
Please contact me at [email protected] with a copy of the email you received and I'll get this taken care of for you. Like any store, I employ humans, and sometimes they make mistakes. If the item was physically damaged and the damage was visible when we shipped it, I will take care of it.
Old 04-07-09, 09:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shawnek
Please contact me at [email protected] with a copy of the email you received and I'll get this taken care of for you. Like any store, I employ humans, and sometimes they make mistakes. If the item was physically damaged and the damage was visible when we shipped it, I will take care of it.
maybe you can help me... I odered that discount card and never got it... Maybe if I had it and new what my number was I'd place some orders... I sent an e-mail to customer service and she thought I was asking why the discount didn't come off already discounted titles.... The card wasn't in my order and I don't know my number.....
Old 04-07-09, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^

You can write newmember in the Got Anime coupon box until you receive your card and you'll get the 10% discount.
Old 04-07-09, 11:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

You can write newmember in the Got Anime coupon box until you receive your card and you'll get the 10% discount.
Ya I did that a month ago. I never got my card. It wasn't with my order. I got my DVDs and the catalog and got charged $12 but no card. A couple times now I almost placed an order but said F-it since I don't know my discount card number.
Old 04-07-09, 06:43 PM
WTK

Ya I did that a month ago. I never got my card. It wasn't with my order. I got my DVDs and the catalog and got charged $12 but no card. A couple times now I almost placed an order but said F-it since I don't know my discount card number.
Go to GotAnime.com. Enter your Last Name and Postal Code. If it lets you login, it means you're a member. It will also display the membership expiration date. If that doesn't work, I would contact CS.
Old 04-08-09, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...Like any store, I employ humans, and sometimes they make mistakes...
im going to disagree with you because i really really really really believe some stores actually employ monkees.
Old 04-08-09, 12:36 PM
Cool New Member

the number is not required to get your discount. As long as your membership is active, and your billing address hasn't changed, you could put in anything you want there and it will apply. Many people use "newmember" forever.
Old 04-08-09, 01:11 PM

could put in anything you want there and it will apply. Many people use "newmember" forever.
Nice! Now I don't have to go scrounge up my membership card everytime I make an order!
Old 04-08-09, 04:57 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by hindolio
im going to disagree with you because i really really really really believe some stores actually employ monkees.
eeeee!! oooo!!!!
Old 04-08-09, 05:31 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Update

Last edited by WTK; 04-08-09 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-08-09, 07:00 PM
WTK

It appears Tekkonkinkreet (DVD) can be had for the same price as well...
Old 04-08-09, 07:02 PM
WTK

Walmart.com
Old 04-08-09, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

the number is not required to get your discount. As long as your membership is active, and your billing address hasn't changed, you could put in anything you want there and it will apply. Many people use "newmember" forever.
Hmm... my billing address recently changed, I better make sure my discount got applied to my recent orders.

I also didn't know about the newmember thing. Well, I knew that you could use it, but I figured you guys discouraged using it after the actual card got there. I've been keeping the little card in my wallet for years just because I can never remember the number...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.