Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-09, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

Originally Posted by strawberry99
Give me the first pressing and I'm good to go. I prefer artifacts, grainy, picture imperfections and apparently that's most apparent in the "black box" Perfect Collection early release.
Maybe you can track down a VHS copy.

I have both the Perfect Collection and the 7 individual Platinum releases and the Platinum blows the Perfect Collection out of the water. The main selling point is the greatly reduced jitter compared to the Perfect Collection. The artbox for the Platinum is also much sturdier than that of the Perfect Collection.
Old 04-30-09, 10:35 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '09

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Shawne's Deal of the Day

Highlights - Weekly Specials (Updates on Thursdays)
Old 04-30-09, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me first apologize for the post.

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Maybe you can track down a VHS copy.

I have both the Perfect Collection and the 7 individual Platinum releases and the Platinum blows the Perfect Collection out of the water. The main selling point is the greatly reduced jitter compared to the Perfect Collection. The artbox for the Platinum is also much sturdier than that of the Perfect Collection.

I'll take your advise with a side of strawberry. That's exactly what I'm going to do right now

I'm going to stop buying DVDs and go VHS. Let the hunt begin!!! Forget Blu-Ray, VHS is where it's at.

I'm going to Blockbusters VHS bin tomorrow and see what gems I can track down. The more beat up the VHS tape looks, the better.

Unfortunately the cost of shipping kills it.
Shipping: $2.99 x 15 = $44.85
Product: total = $27.80
Total = $72.65

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:1 (dub) VHS $0.01
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:2 (dub) VHS $0.01
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:3 (dub) VHS $0.34
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:4 (dub) VHS $0.01
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:5 (dub) VHS $0.12
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:6 (dub) VHS $0.54
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:7 (dub) VHS $0.74
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:8 (dub) VHS $0.86
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:9 (dub) VHS $0.09
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:10 (dub) VHS $0.22
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:11 (dub) VHS $0.01
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:12 (dub) VHS $0.70
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genesis 0:13 (dub) VHS $0.28
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth (dub) VHS $8.99
Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion (dub) VHS $14.88
Old 04-30-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

arg! i bought gankutsuou at $45 because they were only 8 a couple days ago!
Old 05-01-09, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by RockJack
I was looking for the Tin Box pack but amazon users are blaming this collection because it has no guidebooks or something like that.
Here is how the Tin Box Look Like, I also added in the photo my recently aquired OOP/Discontinued Mangga DVD -> Death/Rebirth and End of Evangelion (Got Lucky at a very unknown Borders Store - 50% off)

Last edited by xage; 05-01-09 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-01-09, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by xage
Here is how the Tin Box Look Like, I also added in the photo my recently aquired OOP/Discontinued Mangga DVD -> Death/Rebirth and End of Evangelion (Got Lucky at a very unknown Borders Store - 50% off)

Exactly how other Tin Boxes look...all DVDs in thinpak cases and a small piece of paper with information

Thanks for the picture
Old 05-01-09, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by TimTucker
Should be legit -- among the sellers there, it looks like Secondspin.com has a few copies for $17.57, which means ~$15 w/ tax if you order directly from them and use their HEYNOW code for 20% off + free shipping. (I picked up a copy from them a few weeks ago and it was in great condition).
Thanks for the reply. I had been looking for Saikano a couple of years ago and the drastic price drop caught me off guard. After doing some more research the singles dropped quite a bit as well but I still can't find an answer to whether or not the Saikano Collection contains the extras included in Vol. 1 or the OVA? If you or anyone else knows I would greatly appreciate any information you have.

Also, does anyone know if the Cowboy Bebob Remix singles in the Rightstuf Bargain Bin contain any extras that the Anime Legends Cowboy Bebop Remix Collection ($30) doesn't have. Otherwise, at $5.00 a dvd the price is a wash.
Old 05-01-09, 08:35 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaguar
Thanks for the reply. I had been looking for Saikano a couple of years ago and the drastic price drop caught me off guard. After doing some more research the singles dropped quite a bit as well but I still can't find an answer to whether or not the Saikano Collection contains the extras included in Vol. 1 or the OVA? If you or anyone else knows I would greatly appreciate any information you have.
I believe that the complete collection has fewer extras. If you want all of the extras, get the singles. The OVA was separate release. It was not included with the complete collection.
Also, does anyone know if the Cowboy Bebob Remix singles in the Rightstuf Bargain Bin contain any extras that the Anime Legends Cowboy Bebop Remix Collection ($30) doesn't have. Otherwise, at $5.00 a dvd the price is a wash.
They are the same discs in one brick collection.

<HR>
Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '09 is now up. Please refrain from bumping this thread...thank you.